Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal experiences, did it change you?

Paranomaly

Just wondering how many of you had a life changing experience, and if it made your beliefs stronger. Thanks in advance!

• Like 4

Yes, those experiences did change me. It made me examine by beliefs, why I believed what I did, what and who influenced my beliefs, what I believed to be true. Now my list of beliefs is pretty short, since I decided not to believe anything that I didn't know from my own experience to be true. And even with those I'm finding that while the basic premise may be true, my understanding of it can often be off base. It's been eye-opening, for sure.

• Like 4

I have had what many would describe as 'paranormal' experiences from being very young. Our previous property could have been described as one of the most 'haunted' in the UK, the amount of daily weird activity we experienced. However I am a sceptic, and believe there is an explanation for everything, and it has nothing to do with the concept of 'supernatural'.

• Like 2

Just wondering how many of you had a life changing experience, and if it made your beliefs stronger. Thanks in advance!

Yes. :)

• Like 2

i myself am a magical and paranormal being..

super natural in fact..

so yes when i cause super natural power to happen...

it does change my life thank you

• Like 2

I had an experience when I was much younger, and it definitely changed my outlook.

Mine was in that I believed and afterwards, I became a skeptic.

• Like 2

Yeah, severally

I so wish I did! Alas, I am yet to experience just one thing that defies rationality.

• Like 2

Every experience in life changes us. The more powerful and striking an experience, the more it changes everything about us and our view of the world. We know that memory is connected to emotional content of experience, so we also remember those things which affect us emotionally for longer and more vividly. This also enhances the long term effects of powerful experiences, because they stay with us more powerfully and for longer.. For example remember your first real experience with love, or a moment of great elation or fear. In my experience, these memories stay with you for life, and continue to affect you for life.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 3

Yes.

It was so scary for me I went to my family doctor and demanded that he run a battery of tests on me, because I was convinced that I had a brain tumor or some type of chemical/hormonal imbalance. When everything came back normal, I had him refer me to a psychotherapist, who I worked with for several months and then discharged me with a clean bill of health.

My whole life is different today, and I'm glad for it. I feel very fortunate to have the types of affirmation I've been given over the years. I think everyone is looking for something, even if you aren't aware you are looking...and sometimes you find it, even if you don't want to. That's what happened to me. People talk about spiritual awakening or paranormal phenom like it's some fairy, rainbow hopping trip through happy land, but it's not. It was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me in my entire life (even having a gun pulled on me paled in comparison).

It turned me into an observer. I prefer silence more these days.

• Like 6

Yes I did. It didn't make my beliefs stronger, it sent me off in completely different direction. It is why I am a Pagan.

• Like 1

Mr. Walker is right, every experience in life influences change in us. I think my experiences with the Supernatural has renewed my faith in God and Jesus. It has shown me that they're not blind to our pain and especially if you make an effort to reach out to them. I believe that PRAYER is the key to communicating with them. This doesn't necessarily imply ritual or a specific way, but rather an honest, humble, and open heart.

• Like 1

Yeah, it made life a little more exciting, and I like to think I'm a chatty blast at parties.

Well, I always had an interest, but having the experiences put my hobby of it into full blast.

• Like 1