Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dark times in Cyprus, are we next?

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#46    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

There parliament rejected the EU bailout as offered. So as it is they are happy to hear there not losing any of that Euros. There talking with Russia in an attempt to get a bailout from them.

Stay current. Russia isnt going to ask for depositors Euros. No deals been made.

#47    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,740 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

this was posted 8 months ago.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#48    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,047 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 20 March 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Keith im aware of the IMF involvement but did you listen to what the Cypriot who resigned said, the EU pushed for this raid on savings. in fact he mentions Germany,  Netherlands and Finland. but German led, and this was the miscalculation by Merkel she knows with elections coming up she (Germany) cannot be seen to be bailing out country after country. Her error of judgment comes in trying to send a message to Club Med of consequences of further bailouts and prevent the on going bailout from the wealthy north to the poorer south. so lets not turn this into some conspiracy by the IMF/USA attack against the EU. this is just another EU mistake in yet again another euro zone country. this is the fifth country out of 17 to be bailed out. we all said this was going to happen. but the pro european union posters told us time and again the EU was the next economic power house, the next super power the Euro was going to be the world currency. well look were we are today. no matter how grand the thinking sometimes you have to look at the results. the Euro will fail. and possibly the EU after that. the problem which is coming down the tracks is France and Germany. we'll be talking about this around early autumn. like i keep saying today its cyprus whose tomorrow. and i've been saying the same when Ireland was in trouble, when portugal was in trouble when greece was in trouble when italy was in trouble. were slowly going through them one by one. the bigger picture is clear the EU is flawed. the Euro is flawed. and now were facing the reality. well its not going away we face 10 years of this with worse to come.

i seen the news about the raid on Lagardes flat. but im led to believe its about her time as French minister not IMF related. but time will tell.

Steve.. I know what you are saying and I totally agree that the Euro is flawed (financial Union MUST come before Monetary Union), the EU Institutions are flawed as are all Political Institutions. The EU (in total) is still the biggest Economic and Industrial Powerhouse in the World outstripping the USA and China. Whether it can maintain this momentum is another question and one that will be resolved as time goes on.

I have always said that the expansion of the EU out to the Eastern Balkan States was a huge mistake (although vigorously promoted by the UK), and split Island Nations such as Cyprus, had no place in the EU.

Everything to do with this crisis can be squarely put on the Bankers Plates. Lack of Governance and a blatent disregard for National Interests has driven this crisis... and whilst it still continues the Bankers have re-introduced enormous Bonuses for their traders who caused it in the first place, and Boris Johnson (much as I like his style of Politics) fully endorses these.

There is something rotten here, the aquiescence of ordinay folk to accept anything that they are told by people in Power, the lack of oversight, deflection from cause and Effect, and the complete abandonment of the UK 2 Party System of putting forward ANY cohesive plan to prevent a complete takeover of the Nations Indigenous population (to include 2nd 3rd generation immigrants) by the Eastern Bloc is nothing short of Treason. Treason to a Nation by its own National, Fifth Columnists!!!IMO

#49    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 20 March 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

this was posted 8 months ago.

He is Correct the wheels are coming off, and the EU is a Joke.

The Germans have been drawing up contingency plans in case the Euro collapses,and this is part of that.If countries in the Club Med start pulling out,the Germans will have to finance most of the Debt.This is a last ditch attempt by Merkel to save her neck.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#50    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 March 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

There parliament rejected the EU bailout as offered. So as it is they are happy to hear there not losing any of that Euros. [...]
Banks are opened already? No? Why then they are counting chickens before they hatch?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#51    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Banks are opened already? No? Why then they are counting chickens before they hatch?

I think you took my statement further then I did. I also said it was mentioned to me by a Cyprus Pat.. So I can only speak as to what 1 person mentioned.

Edited by AsteroidX, 20 March 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#52    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,047 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Banks remain closed until next Tuesday

#53    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Just one example:

South Korea has exported the first shipment of 300 kilograms of gold collected in a public campaign to help the country out of its economic crisis.
(link)
Thats the commitment, kudos Koreans.
We had similar campaign in 1990, not that it brought magic results, still, it showed unity of the nation in difficult times.
Cypriots just stuck to their money: "Oh boy, I have 100000, and I'll starve to death, if someone will take 10000/5000" (looks much, but how many honest and hard working people had 100000+ on their accounts?). And up to 20000 Euros wouldn't be subjected to the levy (with last proposal)...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#54    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

I think you took my statement further then I did. I also said it was mentioned to me by a Cyprus Pat.. So I can only speak as to what 1 person mentioned.
Would you ask her/him, whats next? What she/he expects? Manna from the Russian heavens?

Edited by bmk1245, 20 March 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#55    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 20 March 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Banks remain closed until next Tuesday

Apparently Germany has said the Banks may not reopen until a bailout deal is agreed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21855163

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#56    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,025 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

I just saw this Ad:
Fly To Cyprus From Under £70 Fares Just Dropped. Book Now & Save

I bet they have.

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 20 March 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#57    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Well rumours are going mad here this evening, one is that the goverment has a new plan also know as plan b. it looks like they will take the 10bn from eu and get some of the money from deposit accounts but at a lower % and I hope only over 100k and e shortfall would be supplied by the Russians.

From Cyprus within the past hour.

#58    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,740 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 20 March 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Apparently Germany has said the Banks may not reopen until a bailout deal is agreed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21855163

in that news piece it also says - Germany has said banks in Cyprus may never reopen if a bailout is not agreed.

if your going on holiday to Cyprus the hoteliers are asking tourists to not pay by credit cards or bank transfers. but cash. the way things are going they'll only be excepting gold nuggets and bars. :gun:

Edited by stevewinn, 20 March 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#59    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 20 March 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

in that news piece it also says - Germany has said banks in Cyprus may never reopen if a bailout is not agreed.

if your going on holiday to Cyprus the hoteliers are asking tourists to not pay by credit cards or bank transfers. but cash. the way things are going they'll only be excepting gold nuggets and bars. :gun:

I know one thing,they aren't going to sleep too well with a layer of gold bars under their mattresses.

Edited by shaddow134, 20 March 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#60    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I would sleep just fine with gold bars under my mattress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users