Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scarey cat banned from stairs

emmy

black cat has been barred from the stairwell of a housing block in Israel because he scares local residents.

Kooshi, a seven-year-old mixed breed with a jet-black coat and green eyes, looked ferocious, residents in Rishon Letzion complained to town officials.

The cat's owners were ordered to cradle the animal when using the staircase - or risk having it impounded.

But the cat's owners, the Morgansterns, object to the pet being singled out because of its colour and say they have instructed a lawyer and may go to court, reports BBC Online.

user posted image

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceyKC

• babyforrest

• Nethius

• moe eubleck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good grief, that's the freakiest cat I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of cats in my time! I have to tell you that no matter what the cat's fur colour is, people will still be frightened of it! w00t.gif

Here kitty, kitty, kitty. (LOL) What is so scary about the cat? I thought all cats look like that. I had a Maine Coon cat that lived forever. Everytime I came home from work he would growl and hiss and then attatch himself to my leg. I took good care of that cat and I loved him. I could never figure out why he did not like me. My kids thought it was a great trick. When the kids were gone, he acted like my best friend. As soon as they would walk in the door it was right back to growling and hissing. My kids would laugh and laugh as I walked around with bruises and scratches from this ferrow cat. Maybe it's the kids who don't like me. They always laugh at my pain. The cat has un-fortunately died, but my scratches have healed.

Peacelover cat.gifcat.gif

I think it's kinda cute......in a weird way lol. Probably just doesn't like havin a camera shoved right in front of it's face

I'm sure the cat is very pleasant, but that picture of it is freaky!

I have a solid black cat with green eyes just like that one. His name is Peep Squeak... he is my youngest one (1 year this month).

And he looked just like that one when I brought my new puppy in the house tonight!!! LOL huh.gif

But he is usually a real sweety.. and spoiled rotten too! He is not at all ferocious!

wink2.gif

*sniffs*

I miss my lil black cat! crying.gif Her name was Shasti and she was my kitty when I lived in Maine. She was a mitten paw, had posable thumbs. Her meow was so cute. She would mew in the form of a question. It sounded like " Prreeeer? "

Oh my Shasti ! I met her walking home one day. I knelt to greet her and then she jumped up on my shoulder. I guess she adopted me. We were unseperable after that. But I had to give her away when I left Maine for California. She was used to snowy weather. she would have been miserable In cali. crying.gifcrying.gif

Sometimes I can still here her lil mew at night all the way from Hawaii.

Aw, Moe, your Shasti reminds me of my Seeta. She was all black with green eyes, and so tiny, you could hardly hear her meow. She used to like sitting on my shoulder. I miss her too. sad.gif

Let us cry together then, SpaceyKc, for our long lost kitties! crying.gifsad.gifcrying.gif And hope that someday we shall be reunited with them.

Yes, Moe, and then I hug the kitties that are in my family now, who came to me just like Seeta did (they do adopt us, don't they?) wink2.gif

I think we'll all have happy reunions with our pets someday.

My cat is the best. He gets cranky if we haven't had our daily cuddle. He is the suckiest tomcat you'll ever meet.

looks just like my kitty! i have a pic very similar to that one too! i'll post it when i get home

okay, so no offense to anyone from Israel or similar, but people from them parts seem to believe in alot of superstitions and the like, so it deosnt suprise me they are scared of a cute wittle kitty cat because it's black... if a lady owned it, they'd probably think she was a witch, and burn her at the stake!

nethius? Are you saying that no other countries are superstitious? Superstition of cats is not subject to only Israelis. wink2.gif

A strange black cat on your porch brings prosperity. - Scottish superstition

A cat sneezing is a good omen for everyone who hears it. - Italian superstition

It is bad luck to see a white cat at night. - American superstition

Dreaming of white cat means good luck. - American superstition

When you see a one-eyed cat, spit on your thumb, stamp it in the palm of your hand, and make a wish. The wish will come true. - American superstition

If a cat washes behind its ears, it will rain. - Englisch superstition

A cat sleeping with all four paws tucked under means cold weather ahead. - English superstition

English schoolchildren believe seeing a white cat on the way to school is sure to bring trouble. To avert bad luck, they must either spit, or turn around comepletely and make the sign of the cross.

A black cat crossing one's path by moonlight means death in an epidemic. - Irisch superstition

It is bad luck to cross a stream carrying a cat. - French superstition

A cat on top of a tombstone meant certainly that the soul of the departed buried was possessed by the devil. Two cats seen fighting near a dying person, or on the grave shortly after a funeral, are really the Devil and an Angel fighting for possesion of the soul.- old English superstitions

To see a white cat on the road is lucky. - American supersition

To kill a cat brings seventeen years of bad luck. - Irish supersition

If cats desert a house, illness will always reign there. - English supersition

In Normandy, seeing a black cat fortells death by accident.

In the Netherlands, cats were not allowed in rooms where private family discussions were going on. The Dutch believed that cats would definitely spread gossips around the town.

When moving to a new home, always put the cat through the window instead of the door, so that it will not leave. - American supersition

In the early 16th century, a visitor to an English home would always kiss the family cat.

When the pupil of a cat's eye broadens, there will be rain. - Welsh supersition

In 16th century Italy, it was believed that if a black cat lay on the bed of a sick man, he would die. But there's also a belief that a cat will not remain in the house where someone is about to die. Therefore, if the family cat refuses to stay indoors, this is regarded as a very bad sign.

In the future Nethuis, I urge you not to be so quick to put labels on currently contraversial cultures. thumbsup.gif

nethius? Are you saying that no other countries are superstitious?

no, just more then most

they complained to town officials about a "scary" cat and got it banned? I'm sure if i tried to do that here (Canada) i would be laughed at

guess i just find it strange that what i find cute and cuddly others are afraid of

i mean no disrespect

If a cat washes behind its ears, it will rain. - Englisch superstition

Why would it waste time washing it's ears,when its gonna rain and itll do it for the cat tongue.gif

As for the pic of the cat,the first thing i thought was,******g hell its a vampire hybrid(pardon the French,terribly sorry there)lol.

IT IS BAD LUCK TO CROSS A STREAM CARRYING A CAT~French Superstition

That makes perfect sense, because most cats hate water, so you'd be scratched badly, since it would think you were going to get it wet. rolleyes.gif

Lol KC , great advice .. a bit like never hold the cat while near a bath .... OUCH!!

like the new Av and quote by the way grin2.gif

I don't exactly love cats, but most of the the cats that I have been fond of looked just about as freaky as that one. He looks rather lonely sad.gif