Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gods vs Divine

c0ffee

I've been curious of this for quite some time now...

I personally have recognized the above world (the stars), to be the "Divinity", which are not Gods, and any Gods that can be interacted with and roam the Earth are lesser Gods & Goddesses.

My question being ... Is the common perspective that, are all known Gods regarded as being part of this Divinity ? Or are they recognized as being separate ? And also there are those separate from each other.

I really don't see gods as being part of the stars. I think a god would be a separate entity from the stars. If they are roaming the Earth I don't think they would be gods at all.

• Like 1

In most Pagan thought, Gods and Goddesses are different aspects of the whole, which is to me is the interconnection of life.

• Like 1

I really don't see gods as being part of the stars. I think a god would be a separate entity from the stars. If they are roaming the Earth I don't think they would be gods at all.

What to you constitutes as a God or Goddess ?, e.g. the Christian God "God" is a seen as a God yet is earth bound and roams the earth because of the attendance God has with Man. Maybe I'm not meaning the same by roams the earth, not in a physical form. In comparison the Stars are not earth bound.

Interestingly enough, the word "demon" stems from the Greek "daimon", meaning divine, even though many wouldn't think of demons as an equal to God or the gods. Demons could actually be an underground divinity. (If that's where demons and the Devil supposedly live.)

That certainly is interesting !

Depends on how we classified what we encountered those thousands of years ago. Ancient man probably thought, yes, they're gods. Modern man would probably be like, "show me how your tech works, so the Chinese can reverse it and make it better". :tu:

God is omnipresent and also beyond spacetime apparently. (A bit too contradictory for me.)

Do you see other Gods the same ? e.g. the Triple Goddess (Maiden Mother Crone)

In most Pagan thought, Gods and Goddesses are different aspects of the whole, which is to me is the interconnection of life.

Sounds the same as Greek Mythology :-)

Do you think there is any relationship with Gods & the Stars ? & are what Gods are known to us a greater ruling ?

well in a sense would are star be are "god" since it gave us the stuff we are made out of?

"The fish are thirsty in the water? when I hear this it makes me laugh" Kabir

"When we talk about god we’re like fish discussing the possible existence of the sea" Rumi

• Like 2

"When we talk about god we’re like fish discussing the possible existence of the sea" Rumi

This came to mind as I read the first few posts. We make such statements without any knowledge. We have no right to even say such things.

We have no right to even say such things.

Says what? The bible?

well in a sense would are star be are "god" since it gave us the stuff we are made out of?

Is there anything you can refer to, post a link ?

Personally I find the Stars Administer, there are lesser Gods that tend to the Earth, but which neither created Human existence.

I would say more exactly, that it is a manner of Science. So I guess you could say, Science is blind, but then again not everything is plain to see.

Could always just take the Hindu route. There is one, technically, (Brahman) but so far removed and omni-whatever that the lesser beings (not us, the "Gods" we know of) pick up the busy work. One doesn't pray to the one so much as accept and be appreciative. But those lesser beings - which to humans would be Gods, ascended or otherwise - can be prayed to for favors (or something), in return for whatever it is they get out of the bargain (even if it's nothing from us that they gain, so much as something from higher up themselves). Intermediaries and whatnot, which to me sounds a bit like the pagan elementals or the purpose of specific angels/arch-angels and whatnot.

The Divine in this case is a pantheistic or panentheistic, rather than strictly monistic (though, really, it's still monistic).

And the Gods are "just" more powerful, insightful, etc. entities within existence - whatever their nature actually is - much like ourselves, though we be lesser in the power and manifest existence part of the equation. Ultimately, we are all part of the big Divine equation.

More or less. :D

Says what? The bible?

Not at all. We insult the Creator with these theories. It's a bit foolish to discuss something you are a stranger to. No?

Not at all. We insult the Creator with these theories. It's a bit foolish to discuss something you are a stranger to. No?

I've looked over the bible quite a few times, so no I am not a stranger to it.

It does / should take careful & precise consideration, of what can and can't be observed, to come to a considered statement. To say we don't have right, first what do you mean ?, second, as the world we live in is full of mystery to me certainly implies that we should ask questions.

It does / should take careful & precise consideration, of what can and can't be observed, to come to a considered statement. To say we don't have right, first what do you mean ?, second, as the world we live in is full of mystery to me certainly implies that we should ask questions.

We underestimate the power of the one who made us which is irrational to me.

We can all ask questions as we seek knowledge, but there is a line to what we can understand as the creation.

We underestimate the power of the one who made us which is irrational to me.

We can all ask questions as we seek knowledge, but there is a line to what we can understand as the creation.

My point was, as there is so much mystery, then it would be advised to question, not doubt, but think.

I should point out ...

Each Human being looking for knowledge of the Universe, has even the slightest hint from their mind, to look to themselves first. A sort of deep seeded circumstance of the growth necessary for the unfolding of life, similar to a phrase wisdom from within.

I don't suppose you have this acknowledgement personally ?