Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stanislawa Tomczyk Telekinesis

Sightings

This is a picture of stanislawa tomczyk, taken in 1913, it shows her floating a pair of scissors in midair.

user posted image

Her hands were examined and washed before each seance, and nothing was found to explain how she did it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Moose

• Magikman

• Phantom

• Sageghost

Lol - perhaps there was a huge blast of air that not only suspended the pair of scissors, but also blew her hair up into a Marge Simpsonesque style.

Seriously, going by the reports given with the photo, there's no logical way of explaining this feat.

Mind you, David Copperfield mastered the act of flying without the aid of wires, so I suppose anything's possible.

Guest jason harris

if you look closly there is a thin line, I think a thin lenght of sewing thread tied from her left hand to the object, and the way she is holding her hands it looks like to me that there are two strings, one from each hand to one of the handles, I have seen this done in elentary school, black and white pictures coverup alot of detailes, look closley, I believe that if someone could do that you would hear about it on the news, or at least I would do something that would shock the world, I would not be levetating small objects, I would make chaos and maybe make clothes come off of women so I can see their panties

on another copy of the pic that i have, there is a man doing various tests on her while she is performing the feat, to make sure she does not cheat

Thanks for the crude, juvenal observation, jason, I'm sure you make your parents proud. blink.gif

"on another copy of the pic that i have, there is a man doing various tests on her while she is performing the feat, to make sure she does not cheat."

I'd certainly like to see that picture, to see just how the man is 'testing' her. It's a simple parlor trick, I'd be much more impressed if the scissors were suspended above the level of her hands. If she truly were levitating them, there shouldn't be any restrictions as to the height they would travel, now would there?

Magikman cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Blew up the pic, cannot find anything like wires.

It looks like the scissors are a little too levelled, supporting the thesis that they are hanging by a wire or two.

Would like to see the ones that Al has where the guy is doing the tests as she levitates.

Nice picture though.

• 2 weeks later...

Some words of wisdom, Dont try this at home because it sometimes turns out a bit messy. blink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

i t0o would like to see the scissors above hand level....all she needs to do now is cut her hair w/ them even back in 1913 her hair looks bad thats sad excl.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tonyia

that is so cool but actually the truth is dat we all have the powers of telekinesis it's just dat it's blocked in our mind and we have no way of uncovering it. some ppl have found ways of having the ability....it's quiet odd really. I'm just saying that we all shouldn't act so surprised cause she is lifting up a pair of scirrors. We can all do it 2 it's just dat we have to find a way to surface tha abilitiy it our mind. umm... i 2 have 2 admit something i do not have the ability of telekinesis but i'm an empath and i have the ablitiy of foresight. Everyone has them we just have to find a way to open them in our minds. mellow.gifcool.gifsmile.gifunsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Riven

This is a very old trick, one that I do myself ..

In my version of it, I levitate my ring that I wear with me, I use a product called invisible thread, the type I wear wouldn't be able to support scissors, but you can purchase some that would.

This stuff has been around for a LONG time, the poor man's version uses the nylon threading in women's panty hose, which tends to be quite strong.

Fishing string wouldn't work because it's too glossy, the nylon thread works well, as a matter of fact - the stuff I use can be looked at from about a foot away and you still can't see it, makes it interesting to work with. I wear one loop on each wrist, it stretches to about 4 or 5 times it's actual size and it's suprisingly strong.

there is a perfectly reasonable explanation... she is one of the first jedi knights!

no seriously there have been alot of cases of things like this and maybe this is genuine and its just that the photographer took the pic and made the event look controversial.

personally i can see how this could be easily faked but dont you think that if it was faked and she wanted the media attention she would have had her hair cut and looked a little more respectable?? just a thought.

I have strong doubts that telekinisis, as we understand it, is even possible. I mean we imagine some force coming from us, directed by our minds, moving tangible objects..

I can imagine a possibility that our brains can effect the "quantum reality" around an object and in that way move it, but that is a different kind of movement. It would not necessarily do what we wanted it to I wouldn't think.

And then there is the possibility that discarnate spirits of some kind *can* move things.. I think I've seen this.. unsure.gif

My bet is that any time someone has actually seemed to do telekinisis, it was some damn familiar moving it. And it's such a rare thing. It is never done in large crowds, only among a small group of people. There is never any credible evidence.. it fits in with the "law" of the spirits.. which is, of course, they aren't allowed to interact with us at all, and when they do, they had better not leave proof of their existence.

I have always thought it worth noting that all the ghosts you "see" are breaking this law..

that is so cool but actually the truth is dat we all have the powers of telekinesis it's just dat it's blocked in our mind and we have no way of uncovering it. some ppl have found ways of having the ability....it's quiet odd really. I'm just saying that we all shouldn't act so surprised cause she is lifting up a pair of scirrors. We can all do it 2 it's just dat we have to find a way to surface tha abilitiy it our mind. umm... i 2 have 2 admit something i do not have the ability of telekinesis but i'm an empath and i have the ablitiy of foresight. Everyone has them we just have to find a way to open them in our minds

I wonder if you foresaw me telling you that you should learn to type like a grown-up not a 11 year old IRC n00b.

I hope that empathy skill helps you feel "shame" and "embarassment" now that I have commented on your butchery of the language.

Welcome to the board.

there is a perfectly reasonable explanation... she is one of the first jedi knights!

If Star Wars takes place "A long time ago..." - wouldn't she be one of the last? O_o

And Don King styles his hair the way he does because he wants to be known for it. She is probably up to the same sort of tricks.

I'm with the majority of people on this one, this is a trick. Even if someone could prove in a photograph (or more likley a series of them) that there was no line, that person would surely be an accompliace and couldn't be trusted anyway.

As soon as someone levitates me, then I think I'll believe.

I would have to have had the benefit of seeing her in person B4 I could form a reasonable judgement on whether this was legit or not. This is obviusly not possible so I'll have to say I'm not convinced - I just couldn't trust this one piece of evidence I'm afraid.

huh.gif

Prof Albert Baron von Schrenck-Notzing extensively investigated Stanislawa, which included various documented experiments. These two links concern his experiments with her abilities of materialisation. Ectoplasm photos can be seen HERE and HERE.

Some general biographical information can be found HERE.

I am still in the process of making up my mind about the validity of this medium though.

I'll believe ectoplasm when I see it for my self . Untill then it's just a miss placed Kleenex rolleyes.gif

I'll believe ectoplasm when I see it for my self . Untill then it's just a miss placed Kleenex rolleyes.gif

lol Kismit laugh.gif . I agree

I'm siding with Kismit and TheOracle. The first "ectoplasm" looks more like a white glove with a cracker stuck to it. The second one looks like a silk scarf in the person's mouth and hand.

To even remain open to the possibility that this was real is to be fooled by it.