Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lynched From A Tree

Ladyspirit_guide

Here is a photo taken in an old slave cemetery. This whole area had been used during the American civil war to imprision, punish, and exacute political prisioners.

If you look closely, it does't take a lot of imagination to see where there appear to be LEGS hanging down from the tree

user posted image

What do you think?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ladyspirit_guide

• Bizarro

• dust19

• Aslan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the last link worked for me. I've been told that gasses in a cemetary could cause things like what was in those pics, is this true? or is it more swamp gas tales, lol. seriously tho i've been told that by other ghost hunters. personally i've never been able to catch anything on film, gas or otherwise. those pics were cool regardless

Here's the picture for the benefit of those who are getting Tripod Errors

post-34-1058774942.jpg

If those are the legs of a hanged man, he was a man of some considerable size.

It looks to me like it has a fairly mundane explanation - hair over the lens, maybe. I don't know, I'm not a photographer, but it doesn't really leap out at me and shout GHOST.

If it is a ghost of a hanged man, why does the tree have to be the one in the picture, there could have been one where he was hanged, that has now been removed, surely the ghost would still show up in the same spot.

Possibly, but a ghost dangling from nothing is a bit much. Walking around the graveyard maybe, but hanging from clear blue sky...? The only way I can see this working would be if it was a replay ghost, and if it was a replay ghost it would probably have gone when the tree went - replay ghosts of course having a neccessarily intimate connection to their surroundings.

So if it's not a replay ghost, then as I say, a discorporeal intelligence dangling from nothing seems a bit undignified, even for a ghost.

Maybe that's why it is so patchy loking, after all the ground is still there.

Yes, the replay ghost has a intimate relationship with it's surroundings but the ground is still a factor, as presumably that is what it in life wanted to get to.

If it is supposedly a hanged man, why are his knees bent? Every photo I've seen of people hanged their legs were dangling straight down, slack-like, and their feet also pointed at a more downward angle. Looks more like someone trying to pull themselves up, doing chin-ups or something.

now wait a second here, why would a ghost appear as it was after death? (hanging)

If that were the case, wouldn't we have a bunch of inanimate ghosts just lying (or hanging) in their own deathly positions?

Been looking over those pictures and the main problem is that it gives on explanation and doesnt attempt reasoning.

Nothing like "So this is what I think is a ghost, though it could be X, Y and Z"

Just "picture"

And to be perfectly honest, a lot of the pictures are questionnable at best...

and a man in a tree..and smoke and a cenitarry and........dmtykdr5uytov 85mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..oops sorry I fell asleep*yawn*...now were was i aaa yes.I see a man in a tree..and smoke..I see a man in a tree..and smoke..I see a man in a tree..and smoke..I see a man in a tree..and smoke..I see a man in a tree..and smoke..I see a man in a tree..and smoke..I see a man in a tree..and smoke.. rolleyes.gif

thanks for clearin' that up, abducted. wink2.gif i think it is fake. i know it is fake. how? because i am a multi-dimensional creature currently having a human experience. well, i think i am. who can say? alien.gif