Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Suggestions for some bizarre movies to watch

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostHazzard, on 03 January 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I just thought of another one,... dont read anything about it, no trailer, nothing,... just watch it.

Posted Image

Ohhh,this reminded me of Killer Condom .bah ! I own a copy of it ....heh

http://en.wikipedia....i/Killer_Condom

Let me find a trailer for Killer Sushi

http://twitchfilm.co...dead-sushi.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 03 January 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Miss me?

#47    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Sheitan ....with Vincent Cassell . I rented it because I like him .He's disgusting in this. it left me disturbed .

Also ,a movie called Dead Girl .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 03 January 2013 - 11:47 PM.

Miss me?

#48    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Un Chien Andalou

Simon Of The Desert

The Tales Of Hoffmann

Eyes Without A Face

Peeping Tom (I like it better than Psycho)

Onibaba

Repulsion

The Seventh Seal

The Virgin Spring

Persona

Vargtimmen

The Last Wave

Picnic At Hanging Rock

The Shout

Spoorloos aka The Vanishing

One film that is twice as nasty as Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer is: Angst (1983) an Austrian horror film about a serial killer. One of the most creepiest and disturbing bits of cinema I have ever seen. If you can manage to find this, someone suggested this film to me where else ... over the internet and gave me the address to a stream. I felt violated and dirty afterwards. This movie will send you to the shower for a long time while the scenes linger hauntingly in your mind. I felt the same about Irreversible and Funny Games, only this one is nastier still because it is more realistic and subjective.

Edited by Ambush Bug, 09 January 2013 - 09:35 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 09 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Un Chien Andalou

Simon Of The Desert

The Tales Of Hoffmann

Eyes Without A Face

Peeping Tom (I like it better than Psycho)

Onibaba

Repulsion

The Seventh Seal

The Virgin Spring

Persona

Vargtimmen

The Last Wave

Picnic At Hanging Rock

The Shout

Spoorloos aka The Vanishing

One film that is twice as nasty as Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer is: Angst (1983) an Austrian horror film about a serial killer. One of the most creepiest and disturbing bits of cinema I have ever seen. If you can manage to find this, someone suggested this film to me where else ... over the internet and gave me the address to a stream. I felt violated and dirty afterwards. This movie will send you to the shower for a long time while the scenes linger hauntingly in your mind. I felt the same about Irreversible and Funny Games, only this one is nastier still because it is more realistic and subjective.

Have you seen Onimasa ...Tsuya Nakadai is in it . One of his later roles.
Ugh .....the whole Japanese ......moral code,is so ****ed up sometimes ,it leaves a bad taste in my mouth .

Miss me?

#50    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 09 January 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

Have you seen Onimasa ...Tsuya Nakadai is in it . One of his later roles.
Ugh .....the whole Japanese ......moral code,is so ****ed up sometimes ,it leaves a bad taste in my mouth .

Nope, I have only seen two Hideo Gosha films so far, Sword Of The Beast and Three Outlaw Samurai. I am hoping they would show more of his films on TCM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#51    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 09 January 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Nope, I have only seen two Hideo Gosha films so far, Sword Of The Beast and Three Outlaw Samurai. I am hoping they would show more of his films on TCM.

I couldn't watch the dog fight scene .

Miss me?

#52    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Early Peter Jackson
Heavenly creatures is especially disturbing ,because its totally factual .
Then Meet the Feebles ,albeit humorous,its disturbing .
Same for Bad Taste and Dead Alive

There's also a Korean movie,about the first documented serial killer of Korea . Also factual . Very haunting . Let me find the name .

http://en.wikipedia....ories_of_Murder

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 10 January 2013 - 02:58 AM.

Miss me?

#53    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

That looked pretty interesting, it looked like a mixture of chambara, yakuza, and pinku elements. Not what I expected from Hideo Gosha but I have only seen his first two pictures he ever made which were straight samurai films. I should look up more Hideo Gosha trailers on youtube.

Two more bizarre flicks are:

The Tenant (1976, Polanski)

Possession (1981, Zulawski)

#54    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 10 January 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

That looked pretty interesting, it looked like a mixture of chambara, yakuza, and pinku elements. Not what I expected from Hideo Gosha but I have only seen his first two pictures he ever made which were straight samurai films. I should look up more Hideo Gosha trailers on youtube.

Two more bizarre flicks are:

The Tenant (1976, Polanski)

Possession (1981, Zulawski)

No,there are no pink aspects to the film . Why do you think pink films are so big there ? It's part of the culture from way back,but there's no pink in this.
It just shows how it works. Women were fodder and for barter . Even now,you never...EVER discuss a man's business with him .
Business is for the men .
There are some business women ,but they are few and far between ,and some are where they are,because of yakuza ties .
Daughters of bosses etc.
Its basically a brothel boss ,and how he works. Hes an under boss as well ..
So it shows how women are bought,regarded , and used .

There are a series of films about girl gangs,and one with yakuza wives (decades before this reality Mob wives crap)
I can look up some of the names if you want.
There are also Japanese torture movies .
Like how the shogun tortured people.
Brutal.seriously.
Waterboarding ain't got nothin on this stuff.
But ,know what is one of my faves ....which does have pinky aspects,but its hysterical ,the Hanzo the Razor series.
There are three . Same guy from lone wolf and cub series . Awesome .
There's much much more to j cinema than jidaigeki and samurai .
There a series of a god statue that comes to life. Overtones about Christianity ....Daimajin .I like him too .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 10 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

Miss me?

#55    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 10 January 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

No,there are no pink aspects to the film . Why do you think pink films are so big there ? It's part of the culture from way back,but there's no pink in this.
It just shows how it works. Women were fodder and for barter . Even now,you never...EVER discuss a man's business with him .
Business is for the men .
There are some business women ,but they are few and far between ,and some are where they are,because of yakuza ties .
Daughters of bosses etc.
Its basically a brothel boss ,and how he works. Hes an under boss as well ..
So it shows how women are bought,regarded , and used .

There are a series of films about girl gangs,and one with yakuza wives (decades before this reality Mob wives crap)
I can look up some of the names if you want.
There are also Japanese torture movies .
Like how the shogun tortured people.
Brutal.seriously.
Waterboarding ain't got nothin on this stuff.
But ,know what is one of my faves ....which does have pinky aspects,but its hysterical ,the Hanzo the Razor series.
There are three . Same guy from lone wolf and cub series . Awesome .
There's much much more to j cinema than jidaigeki and samurai .
There a series of a god statue that comes to life. Overtones about Christianity ....Daimajin .I like him too .

Thanks for the info. I just thought I recognized some of the Pinku rape and female revenge fetishism in the trailer. But I was mistaken and also Hideo Gosha doesn't seem the type. I heard alot of praise about him yet his films aren't accessible here in the west. Criterion put out a couple of his samurai films but a vast amount of his filmography is not in print in the States.

The guy from the Lone Wolf and Cub series is Tomisaburo Wakayama despite the over the top violence and blood guysers and ridiculous villains in that series. The sword choreography of Wakayama is absolutely awesome!

#56    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 10 January 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Thanks for the info. I just thought I recognized some of the Pinku rape and female revenge fetishism in the trailer. But I was mistaken and also Hideo Gosha doesn't seem the type. I heard alot of praise about him yet his films aren't accessible here in the west. Criterion put out a couple of his samurai films but a vast amount of his filmography is not in print in the States.

The guy from the Lone Wolf and Cub series is Tomisaburo Wakayama despite the over the top violence and blood guysers and ridiculous villains in that series. The sword choreography of Wakayama is absolutely awesome!
Ok,im wrong ,second time today ,a record ... :P
It's the actor from the zatoichi series ,not lone wolf. They look alike to me .
http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

Miss me?

#57    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 10 January 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Ok,im wrong ,second time today ,a record ... :P
It's the actor from the zatoichi series ,not lone wolf. They look alike to me .
http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

Yes, do they do share a close resemblance. So you are forgiven. :P

I dont think I have seen a Zatoichi or Hanza film in its complete entirety. But have seen the Kitano remake. And I have seen the complete Lone Wolf and Cub series.

#58    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

An odd one though maybe not shower worthy that I saw during the holidays on Netflix.
rare exports a Christmas tale or something like that

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#59    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

After reading about Japanese film I remembered Tetsuo the iron man, strange

#60    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

View Postciriuslea, on 11 January 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

After reading about Japanese film I remembered Tetsuo the iron man, strange

It's a cult classic.
There was a recent one .....some guys son dies,and he turns into a robot to avenge the kids death . It was weird . I forget the title.

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users