Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World on track to run out of drinkable water

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#46    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Just another reason why we should stop the human population increasing any further.  We are running out of resources.  I am of course not suggesting a human cull but measures need to be put in to stop this uncontrollable growth.

Then we will help towards food and fuel shortages.  For some reason the idea of gradually decreasing the world population is a forbidden subject.

Posted Image

#47    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,975 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

View Postskookum, on 24 May 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Just another reason why we should stop the human population increasing any further.  We are running out of resources.  I am of course not suggesting a human cull but measures need to be put in to stop this uncontrollable growth.

Then we will help towards food and fuel shortages.  For some reason the idea of gradually decreasing the world population is a forbidden subject.

There are children not born yet that economical and monetary taxation debts needs to be collected from ....

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#48    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

We have set ourselves up for our economies only to do well if the population keeps growing.  If it does though there will be harsh consequences for future generations.

#49    Hobbit Feet

Hobbit Feet

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

• Drop me off at Willoughby and take me to Aunt T's!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

I think there are 2 reasons for this (and probably more).  The communists thought of it first and people are still building the armies of te pope

#50    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

So many religions make you feel like your going to burn in hell if you do anything to keep from having kids.  They are part of the problem.

Here another story where scientists are warning of water shortages.

Currently, an estimated third of the world’s seven million people has limited access to adequate fresh water, according to conference delegates.
“In the short span of one or two generations, the majority of the nine billion people on Earth will be living under the handicap of severe pressure on fresh water,” said the declaration.
The nine billion mark is widely projected to be reached from about 2040.

Scientists warn that Earth faces severe water shortages within a generation

Too many people is the number one cause for this.

#51    goodgodno

goodgodno

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• Explore. Dream. Discover.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

I'll be sure to read into this further, nice find Hilander :tu: .  From my own experience, its often not that hard to find water.  Even in the Sahara desert, with a bit of ground work we usually find a productive fresh-water aquifer within 50km of where the water is needed.  As long as you have the money and the means, you will find water.  Just look at West/Central Africa.  20 years ago they had serious water issues.  Now things are progressing well and you find a well in almost every village, and things are only getting better by the year.

#52    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Desalination anyone? It's all question of money. Governments will have to subsidy desalination at first to make it more affordable, but once it becomes common free market laws will dominate the prices.

#53    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 24 May 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

don't put those things in your mouth ... ever

:lol:
n-o-o-o-o 3i, YOU'RE not supposed to.....!

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#54    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

I am glad we are still on track! Keep up the good work people!

#55    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

Well we cull animal populations all the time so they don't overpopulate their habitats, I don't see why humans should be any different.

How to go about it is anyone guess however.

#56    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostSocio, on 25 May 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Well we cull animal populations all the time so they don't overpopulate their habitats, I don't see why humans should be any different.

How to go about it is anyone guess however.

Easy Pandemic.

On the water issue maybe having water restrictions everywhere not just drought affected cities. Like I live in a small city and 40 minutes up the road they are on water restrictions. Yes our water sources are different but putting everybody on the same restrictions will help keep what water we have there. We also have a little satellite town next to us. They are on water restrictions and the mayor wants to steal our water. Lol so there is a mini war of words over water happening at the moment. When the drought was really bad back in the day. If you were on stage 6 water restrictions one house was allowed enough water equal to filling a bathtub. maybe restrict people to 40 litres a day per household. Or base it on number of people in the house. Or base it per person altogether and restrict people to 3 litres per day. Maybe 4.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#57    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,975 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Posted Image

the water spirits were offended and displeased .....

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#58    Ralaman

Ralaman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

This statement is absolutely incorrect. The poor and unprivileged are the only ones on track to run out of drinking water. The laughable fatcat wastes that pull the purse strings of this world are not worried at all about the concerns of the rest of this planet. They would sit back and laugh while you died of thirst. I spit on these self-righteous bags of human waste and wait for the day when they are forced to eat the money they so feverishly squandered.

#59    Sum1uallno

Sum1uallno

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• I'm not young enough to know everything.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

The TRUTH About Fluoride

Fluoride is Poison!

Yes its in just about everything.

#60    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,262 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

So Frozen ice wont be drinkable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users