Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New to Dreamland...

Supermanfan77

I'm about to embark on a journey, and I'm a person who doesn't dream at all, or, at least I probably do dream, but just can't remember them at all. I went to the library, and I stumbled upon this book called "The Art of Spiritual Dreams by Harold Klemp, he is the spiritual leader of Eckankar. I'm not too familiar with that religion, however, this book might give me the ability to start up my dreams. Every time I go to sleep at night, its pitch black all night long, no memory of any dreams. Every blue moon, I'll remember a dream or two, but 99% of the time its nothingness.

Your opinions on this subject are welcome :) Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supermanfan77

• greggK

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r: It all has to do with the eyes you are looking with. They say that everybody dreams and the dreams are usually about the outside world or what you remember of the outside world. But your eyes are closed, so what do you 'see' with?

This is where the knowledge of anatomy comes in. Your brain is a magnificent bioelectric machine that is working day and night; no time off for good behavior or bad behavior. And it is the behavior that creates the dream.

When you do not remember your dreams, you may not have paid too much attention to your behavior. You are not paying attention to your outside world enough for there to be anything for you to 'do' while you are asleep.

I'm speaking through knowledge now. Very technical.

There is only a narrow band of frequencies that you can consciously perceive and that DOES mean that there are things that you cannot see, you cannot hear, and so small you cannot feel. But, they are there. And there is minute 'visual' evidence of the movement; just like how they discovered the big gigantic planets. Those big gigantic planets did some strange movement that they could see and it was not just a little blip movement, but a 'steep round-the-corner' movement. It is the same way with this smaller environment.

But, you have to go down to the atom with it. When you sleep, your brain is not restricted to the outside perception; it works totally from the memory of the outside environment. There is no voodoo with this either. It works better if you use the natural world, like herbs and Native knowledge of the plants. There is Serotonin and Melatonin and 5-Hydroxytryptophan that comes from leafy green vegetables and mushrooms. There is the chlorophyll of the plant that will help you to reach a state to where you can perceive the events that I speak of and then, when you sleep your brain will have more to do in the world you perceive.

:ph34r: It all has to do with the eyes you are looking with. They say that everybody dreams and the dreams are usually about the outside world or what you remember of the outside world. But your eyes are closed, so what do you 'see' with?

This is where the knowledge of anatomy comes in. Your brain is a magnificent bioelectric machine that is working day and night; no time off for good behavior or bad behavior. And it is the behavior that creates the dream.

When you do not remember your dreams, you may not have paid too much attention to your behavior. You are not paying attention to your outside world enough for there to be anything for you to 'do' while you are asleep.

I'm speaking through knowledge now. Very technical.

There is only a narrow band of frequencies that you can consciously perceive and that DOES mean that there are things that you cannot see, you cannot hear, and so small you cannot feel. But, they are there. And there is minute 'visual' evidence of the movement; just like how they discovered the big gigantic planets. Those big gigantic planets did some strange movement that they could see and it was not just a little blip movement, but a 'steep round-the-corner' movement. It is the same way with this smaller environment.

But, you have to go down to the atom with it. When you sleep, your brain is not restricted to the outside perception; it works totally from the memory of the outside environment. There is no voodoo with this either. It works better if you use the natural world, like herbs and Native knowledge of the plants. There is Serotonin and Melatonin and 5-Hydroxytryptophan that comes from leafy green vegetables and mushrooms. There is the chlorophyll of the plant that will help you to reach a state to where you can perceive the events that I speak of and then, when you sleep your brain will have more to do in the world you perceive.

Tips I found in Yahoo about how to remember my dreams. I'm going to give them a shot,and report back here if they work.

Take these steps to help you start remembering your dreams

STEP 1: Relax before bed. Take a hot bath with aromatherapy soaps, drink herbal tea, listen to meditation tapes - whatever works best for you.

STEP 2: Think about and write down important things on your mind. Write down subjects you also would like to dream about. STEP 3: Keep those items in mind when you get into bed but don't concentrate too hard. That might keep you awake.

STEP 4: Tell yourself that you will remember your dream. Repeat "I will remember my dream" several times to yourself as you drift off to sleep.

STEP 5: Wake up naturally, if possible, without an alarm clock. Try not to move until you can recall your dream from the night before.

STEP 6: Record your dream before you get out of bed. Keep a journal and pen or tape recorder by your bedside for easy access.

Tips & Warnings

If you awaken in the middle of the night, write down your dream. You won't remember it by morning.

Avoid alcohol before you go to bed. It reduces your REM sleep time, the phase of sleep when you dream.

Get adequate sleep. You sleep very deeply when you're overtired; that makes remembering dreams less likely.

Take vitamin B-6 (50-200mg) about a half hour before you go to sleep. Your dreams will become more vivid, colorful and lucid. Also melatonin can produce more intense and meaningful dreams.

Here is the full artical..

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...05132516AAJFZMY