Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do you think...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

HMMM... very interesting and somewhat disturbing for the scientific community because if mammals as large as that had successfully evolved then what other mammals had evolved alongside the Dinosaur? I suspect we are in for some surprises in the future.

Exactly how is it disturbing for the scientific community?

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#32    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:02 AM

If the dinosaurs hadn't been killed off by that meteor long ago, do you think dinosaurs would still be living here on Earth? Or would they have been killed off by something else by now?

Actually, the dinosayrs that are still alive now are fish as has been discovered by some people in Japan.  Obviously, they could not survive in this atmosphere now with the pollution we have.

It is me!

#33    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

• "hand me the holy hand grenade!!" monty python, search for the holy grail

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:28 AM

what? fish aren't dinos. you mean living fossils like the tuatara and ceolocanth. over time mammals would have gottne larger and contiued to evolve, but very slowly and a seperate path. things would be different and we probably wouldn't get past astrolopithicus. so really we can't be for sure.

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

#34    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

what? fish aren't dinos. you mean living fossils like the tuatara and ceolocanth. over time mammals would have gottne larger and contiued to evolve, but very slowly and a seperate path. things would be different and we probably wouldn't get past astrolopithicus. so really we can't be for sure.

Oh yeah, you're right I wasn't thinking about that.  I was thinking along the line of 'The creature from the Black Lagoon.'  That's what that fish looked like.

It is me!

#35    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:05 AM

pic? can we view this "creture from the black lagoon"-like creture?

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

#36    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

I think that they were most likely wiped out by a number of things: Climate change, disease, etc. I also think that it probably happened over a length of time, not all at once.

If they had lived, they would've stood a good chance of evolving into more intelligent beings. They would've had millions of years to develope, the same years that we used to evolve from shrew like creatures into what we are today. If we could evolve as far as we have, I see no reason that a species of dinosaur couldn't.

As far as humans, I don't think that we would be the humans that we are today. Concider thins, we are the product of evolution. Millions of different factors played into our development at different times. We would have evolved into a species that could co-exist on Terre Saur, in much the same way as deer and bears share the world with us today. If there had been an extinction of the more intellegent, we would certainly use some dinos in much the same way that we have used other animals for thousands of years. If higher levels of dino intellegence had continued to evolve, I think that we would have evolved to be more like the monkeys or squirrils. Smart but, by no means the masters of the world.

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#37    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:43 PM

greggk meant godzilla...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#38    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:05 AM

I think that they were most likely wiped out by a number of things: Climate change, disease, etc. I also think that it probably happened over a length of time, not all at once.

If they had lived, they would've stood a good chance of evolving into more intelligent beings. They would've had millions of years to develope, the same years that we used to evolve from shrew like creatures into what we are today. If we could evolve as far as we have, I see no reason that a species of dinosaur couldn't.

As far as humans, I don't think that we would be the humans that we are today. Concider thins, we are the product of evolution. Millions of different factors played into our development at different times. We would have evolved into a species that could co-exist on Terre Saur, in much the same way as deer and bears share the world with us today. If there had been an extinction of the more intellegent, we would certainly use some dinos in much the same way that we have used other animals for thousands of years. If higher levels of dino intellegence had continued to evolve, I think that we would have evolved to be more like the monkeys or squirrils. Smart but, by no means the masters of the world.

exactly. had the dinos aurs not gradually died off, we would be squirrel sized mammals. but still, theres the fact that during the time of the dinos, mammals WERE getteng bigger. a dog sized mammal has been found with a dino in its stomach. so we can't really be sure. we we as humans definatly wouldn't be so.

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users