Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Demons, what are they?

fallen angels demons angels

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#91    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,109 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostChloeB, on 13 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

I'm confused by your wording, what I'm wondering is how you distinguish that what one is perceiving is in actuality higher dimension beings and not a product of your psychological state of mind?

Well that depends on the person does it not, I for one have never seen a demon or and angel for that matter, the only experiences I ever had dealt directly with God himself, but I would say that the message always bears fruit, if it is from the correct source, self delusion does not bear fruit.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#92    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

• Why was Jesus' tomb empty?

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 10 February 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

Is belief in Ra-Horakhty, or Thor or Perun, a belief in evil? do believers in those Gods have equal "authority" with people of "the book"?  I wonder who the real demons are, the old gods, or the angels of the Abrahamists.
Hi Atentutankh-pasheri,

I would think one would side with a supreme "god" who has the power to remove one from "Gehenna" (if it were to boil down to that). I ABSOLUTELY know where my allegiance lies because a (loving) "god" has rescued me from the Void, and mind you, it was worse than "Gehenna" (at least to me at that moment). It's the reason why I always say that one should REALLY know the god(s) to whom one is praying or adhering -- not just blind faith. I read this thread again because it's only appropriate to comment on your post, especially during Good Friday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying other belief systems are "bad" or invalid. I'm merely sharing here a piece of my puzzle. From what I've gathered in my studies..., these beings (supreme god, ancient gods, demons, angels, lost souls, etc.) make sense to me because again, my experiences of the afterlife (I have died 3 times in one lifetime alone) echo these stories. There are "great" spirit beings/creatures out there...and my latter experience of the afterlife keeps me on the "right" track -- it feels "right" in my heart with no regrets, let me put it that way, enough to change me from being a kundalini meditation teacher (for many years) to a devout Christian. I would hate to find myself in the Void again, no doubt.

Peace to you, Atentutankh-pasheri.

"Also, if they (Gospels) were written early (before 70 AD), this would mean that there would not have been enough time for myth to creep into the gospel accounts since it was the eyewitnesses to Christ's life that wrote them."

#93    markprice

markprice

Poltergeist

• 3,118 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

they are several things. Myth, psychotic manifestations, fear based manifestations in altered states, misinterpretation sponsored by  people's anima, the jungian archetype of shadow. All these things mingle together actually.

View PostSeeker79, on 07 February 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Haveing looked what most people call demons square in the face and overcome them, I'm inclined on an experiential basis rather than theoretical one to say that in my opinion it's highly unlikely.

Those are your posts so obviously you did not encounter actual entities but your theoretical versions which were easy to overcome.

View Postdavid_36, on 07 February 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

As do you have the option of believing or not believing in demons, There just a figment of people's imagination and until someone can throw some evidence on the table to prove they exist then thats all they will ever be.

And what would you consider evidence? I take it you are disregarding human history and want some sort of tangible spirit manifestation you could keep in the freezer?

Edited by markprice, 29 March 2013 - 06:11 PM.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#94    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 29 March 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

I would hate to find myself in the Void again
Yet that which is behind the veil, behind Ra, is also behind the primeaval chaos and before that the great void. Ra and all the old Gods are from this chaos, and we from them. We are directly linked down the vast ages. Without insults to you, the Abrahamic god is a newcomer and is not, in my opinion, any god at all. Hebrews are believers in this god, and I respect that they believe it is "God" for they (possibly) have some truth passed down from Akhenaten. Yet the other two Abrahamic religions worship man, not any god. There is no name for any of the old religions with exceptions of various cults, for instance Mithras. There was no need for any name, there is no need for any name, even Asatru is really without meaning, simply a label for convenience. Too much damage has been done these past two millenia, too many lies, too much blood has been shed for there now to be any meaningful dialogue. Your religion stole Easter, stole everything without shame. I look at the nonsense from the Vatican, or the nonsense from Anglicans, or the nonsense from protestant fundamenalists and I do not see this Christianity as anything except worship of a man. I see no love, forgiveness, compassion, charity, or anything that we are told is the sole preserve of that religion. Everytime I hear Christians talking about how kind and caring only they can be, I reach for the sick bag. This thread is about what demons are, yet it is already predicated that demons are anything that Christians are not. That is the stark reality, the reality of two millenia of propoganda.

So, braveone2u, may the rays of Aten shine on you, and as this is an English site, may you enjoy the great festival of Eostra. May your hares run fast, your bunnies multiply and your pagan choclate eggs be tasty.

#95    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,109 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 29 March 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yet that which is behind the veil, behind Ra, is also behind the primeaval chaos and before that the great void. Ra and all the old Gods are from this chaos, and we from them. We are directly linked down the vast ages. Without insults to you, the Abrahamic god is a newcomer and is not, in my opinion, any god at all. Hebrews are believers in this god, and I respect that they believe it is "God" for they (possibly) have some truth passed down from Akhenaten. Yet the other two Abrahamic religions worship man, not any god. There is no name for any of the old religions with exceptions of various cults, for instance Mithras. There was no need for any name, there is no need for any name, even Asatru is really without meaning, simply a label for convenience. Too much damage has been done these past two millenia, too many lies, too much blood has been shed for there now to be any meaningful dialogue. Your religion stole Easter, stole everything without shame. I look at the nonsense from the Vatican, or the nonsense from Anglicans, or the nonsense from protestant fundamenalists and I do not see this Christianity as anything except worship of a man. I see no love, forgiveness, compassion, charity, or anything that we are told is the sole preserve of that religion. Everytime I hear Christians talking about how kind and caring only they can be, I reach for the sick bag. This thread is about what demons are, yet it is already predicated that demons are anything that Christians are not. That is the stark reality, the reality of two millenia of propoganda.

So, braveone2u, may the rays of Aten shine on you, and as this is an English site, may you enjoy the great festival of Eostra. May your hares run fast, your bunnies multiply and your pagan choclate eggs be tasty.

In the post above yousaid the following: This thread is about what demons are, yet it is already predicated that demons are anything that Christians are not.

I am as such interested in what you think they are, you have not as far as I can see explained your view, just commented on what your isn't.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#96    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

What is a demon?
I've had a lot of contact experience with what I'd consider demonic and even I can't easily answer this question. Speaking strictly from experience and NOT from a biblical point of view, a demonic entity is like any other spirit in the afterlife, a "soul" if you like, except these souls have a very low vibration and are, as you might expect, inherently evil. Of course, evil is subjective on some levels but on deep levels, it's not. Demons typically manifest as mists or black silhouettes more than with horns and pitchforks.

Where did they come from?
They didn't come from anywhere, they have always been. Demons are dark energy beings and they cannot be where their energy will not allow them to be. For example, "like attracts like" rings very true in the afterlife. The best way to imagine it is "dimensions". Demons simply cannot see higher vibrational planes and therefore you will never hear of dark things from loved ones that come through mediums and such. Demons can however see our world in certain cases. Most demonic hauntings are centered around deep, negative emotions that have attracted them in the first place; depression or loneliness being the most common ones. Getting rid of them is pretty easy if you know what you're doing and you understand how these energies work (what I do) because all you're doing is cleansing away dark energies. No need for a priest and an exorcism (though they can help, we're doing the same job).

Let me put it to you that demons are not fallen angels, as a matter of fact they aren't angels of any sort and never were.
It's unlikely demons have ever been angelic but what they may have been is human at one point or another. I do believe in reincarnation and I do believe that your life here determines whether your energy is credited or debited, so to speak. Those who we would consider demonic entities have perhaps been through many, many lives where they chose a life of evil and darkness, over and over again (talking thousands of years here) to the point they couldn't become any lower vibrationally. Of course, that'd mean that "demonic" and "angelic" souls can be reincarnated here on Earth, something I do believe in. Once you get away from the biblical idea of both angels and demons, things start to look a lot more digestible.

You have to understand that existence is a yin-yang. Good exists, evil exists and no God is going to annihilate evil. It simply is, always has been and always will be. You only need to look at the animal kingdom and you'll see quite a spectrum of behaviour.

Just my 2 cents since it's my field :tu:

Edited by The Skater Boy, 29 March 2013 - 08:08 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#97    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

i think demons are parts of us not outsider entities.

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#98    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostJor-el, on 07 February 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Because that is one of the very greatest assumptions christianity ever made in reading the bible, nowhere does it say or imply this, but that is exactly what christianity teaches.

That isn't true.  They are mentioned in revolaions.  The dragon take a third of the stars with him.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#99    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,109 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

View Postdanielost, on 29 March 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

That isn't true.  They are mentioned in revolaions.  The dragon take a third of the stars with him.

Again, are the stars "demons"?

If you are about to say yes then could you demonstrate in the bible where an angel is ever called a demon?

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#100    markprice

markprice

Poltergeist

• 3,118 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postgoodconversations, on 29 March 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

i think demons are parts of us not outsider entities.

I think this is the default position for most people. But to maintain that position you have to deny other dimensions, or say all dimensions are in your own head. Most atheists don't have a problem with that unless something happens they cannot rationalize.  Then they think they are losing their mind and can actually lose their mind, but the situation has to be very extreme for that level of desperation. That level of desperation is exactly what the demonic realm thrives on, and once that realm is manifested there is no going back to denial, IMO.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#101    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostJor-el, on 29 March 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Again, are the stars "demons"?

If you are about to say yes then could you demonstrate in the bible where an angel is ever called a demon?

The stars are angels, the third become demons. The angel of light is satan.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#102    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,682 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

It doesn't matter what demons are, whether extraterrestrial or not. God gave us power, and authority over them as well as the angels themselves.

#103    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 29 March 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

I think this is the default position for most people. But to maintain that position you have to deny other dimensions, or say all dimensions are in your own head.

Not necessarily. Dimensions may exist but without demons.. or maybe we exist on multiple dimensions and demons continue to be parts of us but on a different dimension than this one..i'm actually open to all explanations because i can't choose one single explanation as the explanation.. i just happen to prefer thinking of them as parts of us because to me this can accommodate the other explanations i heard one way or the other...

Then they think they are losing their mind and can actually lose their mind, but the situation has to be very extreme for that level of desperation. That level of desperation is exactly what the demonic realm thrives on

I think as one species we all share common "things" that trigger/unleash the demon(s) in us. But, also individually we have our own "customized" triggers...

Edited by goodconversations, 29 March 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#104    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostJor-el, on 29 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

In the post above yousaid the following: This thread is about what demons are, yet it is already predicated that demons are anything that Christians are not.

I am as such interested in what you think they are, you have not as far as I can see explained your view, just commented on what your isn't.
That depends on definition of a demon. This will vary between people and religions. To me, what most would call a demon is simply another form of life. It is not any demi-god or creature of some devil, it lives in the shadow world between this and the other places. It is not evil or good, it simply exists. It has powers, and can use these for whatever purposes it desires. Generally it could be said to be amoral towards us. Imps and elves are what you may call a demon, but I know they are simply other. As for demons in another sense, in the destructive sense, then to me demons are from us, within us, the primeaval side of humanity. And I will be clear and say such demons are not from any god or gods, but are the dark side of humanity. We need no real demons as we have more than sufficient  capacity for any evil. The 20th century is evidence of that

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 29 March 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#105    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,127 posts

• Why was Jesus' tomb empty?

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 29 March 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yet that which is behind the veil, behind Ra, is also behind the primeaval chaos and before that the great void.

Hi Atentutankh-pasheri,

One thing: in my whole being, the Void didn't feel natural; in fact, I felt betrayed..., as in being cast down a lonely (unmatchable dark) pit -- UNJUSTLY. I could only go by how my eternal being (soul or presence) understood the situation. I was actually bewildered why this "Bright Being" (with an ever-flowing "unconditional love" presence) came to the rescue in my moment of utter despair because the last time I died, I was not a practicing Christian. I think to myself now that how did I deserve His compassion? I was baptized when I was a baby, but it's not the same as being "born again." I was already a yogi of 20 years (Rudrananda/Shiva/Shakaracharya lineage) when that Void incident happened. Perhaps Jesus(?) knew something I still don't know about the history of my soul.

When I was in my teens, being a yogi was a trendy thing to do. I've met a lot of wonderful, loving, authentic people through this path. It made me a better person, I believe. I learned how to go inward... On the other hand, I don't think I consciously left behind my Christian root completely. At any rate, the Void incident changed my life, absolutely.

I respect your humanity. I respect your firm belief in your religion -- how could I not. Who am I to judge? It seems to me you find the Void appealing -- may you get your wish. I, on the other hand, need the promise of Paradise, to be with my Lord's "unconditional love" presence.

Thank you for the blessings!

"Also, if they (Gospels) were written early (before 70 AD), this would mean that there would not have been enough time for myth to creep into the gospel accounts since it was the eyewitnesses to Christ's life that wrote them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users