Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cloverfield

viva revolution

i think this movie looks good but does anyone know what the monster is?or what the main plot is.if you dont know what it is it is a new movie to be released on january 18th, it takes place in newyork city where there is supposed to be a monster of somesort who terrorizes the city. in the trailer they say we have a woman whos been bit, so then i thought its a zombie horror movie but it also shows the statue of liberty being thrown so its gotta be something stronger.idk any ideas on the movie?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesspy

• Never_Hit_Nirvana

• InHuman

• Incorrigible1

I have no idea, and I want to keep it that way..

First day watch for me and my friends, its going to be a good lil treat while we cram for exams (Eng, S.S, Sci, and French..UGH!)

There's been several threads here on this movie (in this section and over in the paranormal TV section) and in one of the threads someone had made a gif image from the trailer which shows a bit of the creature. To me it looks like a giant turtle, but another member thought it looked a whale. Your guess would be as good as any, not too long to go before we find out anyway :)

The basic plot is that Godzilla and the Blair Witch have a r******ed love child and JJ Abrams whores it out for money.

Edited by tralalala

The basic plot is that Godzilla and the Blair Witch have a r******ed love child and JJ Abrams whores it out for money.

:lol: *loves*

as noted there are like ten threads on this. mr/mrs/ms/miss mod can you bring them all together in one pile later please?

anyhoo im still not feeling for it after seeing the scene and trailers i dont know something isnt clicking with me. I will still see it. I dont know maybe im bored of waiting

They should show more of the movie on the previews.. you really can't see alot..

The preview reminded me of Steven Spielberg's 'War Of The World' with Tom Criuse. That preview did the same thing by not showing the aliens at first or monster for this preview.

The preview reminded me of Steven Spielberg's 'War Of The World' with Tom Criuse. That preview did the same thing by not showing the aliens at first or monster for this preview.

I was thinking of the samething!! But at the end of the preview i saw something like a giant rat

there's a reason for that. Does anyone else remember just how bad War of the Worlds was? My guess is that they aren't going to screen it for critics either. That's a really bad sign. If they had a super sweet monster, it would be in the previews, because super sweet monsters sell more tickets than the potential for a super sweet monster.

there's a reason for that. Does anyone else remember just how bad War of the Worlds was? My guess is that they aren't going to screen it for critics either. That's a really bad sign. If they had a super sweet monster, it would be in the previews, because super sweet monsters sell more tickets than the potential for a super sweet monster.

I remember War of the Worlds being completely awesome I loved it when I saw it in the theatre. I even bought it on DVD. I loved the sounds they make and when that pods comes up out of the ground. The movie is pretty intense. I'm looking forward to Cloverfield as well the trailer that takes places during the party is cool.

Edited by Matt121

War of the worlds was a let down also..

I really didn't mind the spin they put on the aliens in 'w.o.t.w.' cause they never really showed them much. I really like the special effects, which I wished they did a little more on the battle scenes of the military/alien fight.

I remember War of the Worlds being completely awesome I loved it when I saw it in the theatre. I even bought it on DVD. I loved the sounds they make and when that pods comes up out of the ground. The movie is pretty intense. I'm looking forward to Cloverfield as well the trailer that takes places during the party is cool.

lol Yes, I enjoyed the scenes with the pods were cool, and the battle scenes with air and ground forces was also intense.

Its supposed to be Godzilla-like but the outline looks like Gorgo or Gamera.

I liked WotW.

Great movie, great ambienace (sp).

The only problems I had was that the whole thing with his daughter was annoying (the scene in the guys basement took way to long)..the story should have focused more on his dealings with the other people who were running from the tripods..

They should show more of the movie on the previews.. you really can't see alot..

link to tv spot has a bit more and by a bit i mean a thousandth of a bit

Edited by jesspy

• 2 weeks later...

what is this movie.. they dont tell you anything!!! is it like a godzilla?

Going on what I've read it's about a giant monster and its "Blair Witch" style,shot completley from one of the characters video cameras. I cant wait to see this.

Sol :)

there vare a number of threads on this already but its basically about a giant mutated creature reaking havoc rumor is its a giant mutated whale. Mutation is either caused by man or virus not sure people are saying its Blair witch meets "godzilla" meets "the Host"

it fiocuses on a group of 5 or so who use a handicam to film whats going on

its going to wind up like snakes on a plane all hype but no bite

Edited by jesspy

I don't know a whole lot about this film, however there are many people who are quite confident that it will be based on Lovecraft's Cthulhu.

Way to many threads about this..

Oh and I liked Snakes on a Plane, it delieverd what it said it would and it was pretty enjoyable..

Oh and I liked Snakes on a Plane, it delieverd what it said it would and it was pretty enjoyable..

Ditto. I went to a participation screening... had paper airplanes, rubber snakes, the people working were all dressed like flight attendants and Sam Jackson got a standing ovation when he said the line. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a movie.

Ditto. I went to a participation screening... had paper airplanes, rubber snakes, the people working were all dressed like flight attendants and Sam Jackson got a standing ovation when he said the line. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a movie.

Was Sam Jack there?

That movie spawned the best quote of all time, evar...

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS M-------F------- THREADS BOUT THIS M-------- F------- MOVIE!"