Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heroes

TheDreamer

What does everybody think of the new season?

I know that season 2 wasn't up to par or anything, and it would have been better considering the original story line was fantastic, but I believe season 3 is bloody amazing.

The characters are getting good arcs, except Peter. Peter always seems to be the same person while everyone else changes. He's hardly the protagonist if he doesn't change. More of an antagonist for everyone else.

I enjoyed Hiro becoming a 10 yr old in his mind. That was clever, but why wouldn't Papa Petrelli just kill him?

Anyways, all of the heroes losing their abilities was interesting and it allows for more human drama for awhile until they get their abilities back.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• Funky Poacher

• Beckys_Mom

• InHuman

Wow, what the hell is up with Sylar. I absolutely love his character but he's so bloody unpredictable. I'm glad he ended up with the hot sociopath Elle. I'm just wondering if Sylar is gonna kill Noah next episode when he gets his powers back or if he'll spare him. Given that he named he and Elle's son in the future, Noah, I'm guessing they eventually become friends.

Not very consistent. I liked the hiro arc, but parkman and the daphne thing is getting on my nerves.. (she's purdy tho)

Kinda sad that the hot latina chick is gone.. she made the "fly" dilema somewhat bearable..

Plz just let claire die.

The characters are getting good arcs, except Peter. Peter always seems to be the same person while everyone else changes. He's hardly the protagonist if he doesn't change. More of an antagonist for everyone else.

I think they should kill Peter off, but I know they won't. And you do bring up a good point, I have not seen any significant change to his character.

On the note of killing chracters off. I don't know why they (as in the creators) make claire's injury a big deal. We already saw that she lived well into the future, so she obviously recovered.

My prediction for the rest of this season: Peter and the Haitian kill Arthur. Nathan takes over Pinehearst and attempts to hunt down all the Heroes. Sylar gets his powers back just when Noah goes to kill him and defeats Noah. Sylar works for Nathan and Elle gets pregnant. Nathan gets the catalyst and tries to give the world powers.

I think they should kill Peter off, but I know they won't. And you do bring up a good point, I have not seen any significant change to his character.

On the note of killing chracters off. I don't know why they (as in the creators) make claire's injury a big deal. We already saw that she lived well into the future, so she obviously recovered.

That future no longer exists. Its the butterfly effect.

Peter went back in time and changed everything, and the future where everyone can buy their abilities is gone as well...because the past Peter originally didn't meet the future Peter and now that future is gone entirely.

Argh, time paradoxes.

And Claire should die already, she is getting to be a pain in the ****.

That future no longer exists. Its the butterfly effect.

Peter went back in time and changed everything, and the future where everyone can buy their abilities is gone as well...because the past Peter originally didn't meet the future Peter and now that future is gone entirely.

Argh, time paradoxes.

While that is true, and the exact future has been changed, I think they failed the overall mission. The basic structure of the future: a world where Pinehearst releases formula to create an army in a world doomed for destruction and hunts down the Heroes, still exists.

I'm getting the feeling Claire has become the Kate of LOST. Just very very very annoying and should be destroyed :lol: .

I'm getting the feeling Claire has become the Kate of LOST. Just very very very annoying and should be destroyed :lol: .

Kate has redeeming qualities though.

-Kate is hot.

-Evangeline Lilly can act.

-Kate has actual character and character development.

-Kate has an integral part in the story.

Claire has...

-She isn't attractive.

-Hayden Panettiere can't act.

-She has no character and her character development isn't development, but simply rewriting the character on a moment's notice.

-She isn't an important part, they just keep trying to make her one, like with the catalyst thing.

-And most of all she's a complete hateful moron... warning, video contains swearing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKdxq2jAs4Y

One thing that is bugging me is that an eclipse cannot effect you on a genetic level, so I'm thinking the source of their abilities is a supernatural one, or maybe even something beyond regular science.

Some characters believed the abilities were gifts from God. Very Interesting...

And the symbol of Kensei didn't make any sense being 400 years in the past. The symbol itself is based off a strand of DNA. No one knew what a DNA strand even looked like let alone even knew about genetics 400 years ago. This leads me to believe that someone, a time traveler, went back and effected history before Hiro did. If not, then it has deeper meaning.

I just hope the meaning isn't aliens...that'd probably ruin the series completely.

But the series is heating up...although the ratings aren't...odd.

Damn serial tv series!

I've only watched series one and although it was good it just didn't thrill me like some other of the US shows we get over here, I bought S1 but after watching it I just put it straight on e-bay. Two of the things which bugged me was the poor production in the first series and the fact that I didn't really care about any of the characters in it (except for Hero and Ando). The acting wasn't first rate either. Peter Petrelli was too wet, Sylar wasn't evil enough and a bit too pantomime villain for me to like and I tend to agree with BM's view when it comes to Claire.

Also, being a Lost fan, I love a good twist and Heroes just didn't cut the mustard in that respect, I didn't know they were coming but they didn't make go "Ooooooooooo" or "WHAT?!!!". Which Lost is brilliant for.

Hiro and Ando are one of the best double acts ever created in TV show judging from series one, so I'll give Heroes that.

Who was that even more evil person the Indian guy (forget his name) talks about at the end of series 1, do people know who he/she is yet? That's another thing, how did no-one notice Sylar creep into the sewer at the end of the series?

Who was that even more evil person the Indian guy (forget his name) talks about at the end of series 1, do people know who he/she is yet? That's another thing, how did no-one notice Sylar creep into the sewer at the end of the series?

Matt Parkman's dad. He isn't more evil, he was just an advanced telepath so when Molly would try and find him, he could attack her.

I've only watched series one and although it was good it just didn't thrill me like some other of the US shows we get over here, I bought S1 but after watching it I just put it straight on e-bay. Two of the things which bugged me was the poor production in the first series and the fact that I didn't really care about any of the characters in it (except for Hero and Ando). The acting wasn't first rate either. Peter Petrelli was too wet, Sylar wasn't evil enough and a bit too pantomime villain for me to like and I tend to agree with BM's view when it comes to Claire.

Also, being a Lost fan, I love a good twist and Heroes just didn't cut the mustard in that respect, I didn't know they were coming but they didn't make go "Ooooooooooo" or "WHAT?!!!". Which Lost is brilliant for.

Hiro and Ando are one of the best double acts ever created in TV show judging from series one, so I'll give Heroes that.

I tend to disagree. The writing in the first season was insanely good, the acting was amazing except for Hayden (Claire) who was far to whiny. I don't like characters like that and especially when b****y teens play them. She should go, I'm sick of her.

And you seem to be hung up on Lost, expecting Heroes to be the same thing...and it just isn't.

Sylar was a brilliant character and we are seeing more of the actor's talent for the changes the character is displaying in Season 3.

Peter Petrelli was played as he should have been by Milo. I don't see anything wrong with the character because I know people who act the same as this character.

Ugh. Lost. Glad this isn't a Lost thread. Reeeeeeeeeally glad it ain't. I mean, it's not is it?

And Dreamer, you're right... I agree with you completely in the case of Sylar. I particularily like him in this season, whereas before I kinda hoped they'd get rid of him. I love that he's become part of the Patrelli family dynamic, which is a reason I love the show now. They way they portray the family is something that I haven't seen handled in this way so wonderfully before. But then, I don't watch TV much anymore... isn't exactly anything great on anymore.

I think I've mentioned my distain for Clair. If not... I agree with most people here. However, I have a feeling if she went away, Noah's character might as well, and I adore his character.

And you seem to be hung up on Lost, expecting Heroes to be the same thing...and it just isn't.

Completely wrong, I didn't expect Heroes to be anything like Lost, it's very hard for a show about plane crash survivors and a show about people who gain superpowers to be alike.

I was just using the use of twists in Lost as a comparison to show that IMO, the twist in Heroes weren't as good, how is that being hung up on something? Too be quite honest you did start a thread about Heroes. It seems you are the one who's hung up about something ;):lol: .

Only joking. Now Smarties, they are something worth being hung up on :tu: , can't get enough of Smarties.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Ugh. Lost. Glad this isn't a Lost thread. Reeeeeeeeeally glad it ain't. I mean, it's not is it?

It is :yes::lol: . Go on back to talking about Heroes, I think there's a Lost thread around here I can talk to myself on :lol: !!

I'll only start watching Heroes again until Captain America returns.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Wow, last episode was incredible. Did anyone else think Sylar was going to kill Elle? I saw it coming when Bennet told him Elle knew the Petrellis were lying. Also, back when Angela told Sylar he was her son, I thought they might stretch it out and reveal he wasn't so I was very pleased about this twist. Glad to see Sylar return to the dark side.

Please god. Please.

Just strike down claire.

Kill her.

Forever.

PLEASER!

Pfft, she's the only constant hot one in the show. With her powers she's not going anywhere unless Arthur gets a hold of her like he did Adam. Which I hope doesn't happen. :P

Pfft, she's the only constant hot one in the show. With her powers she's not going anywhere unless Arthur gets a hold of her like he did Adam. Which I hope doesn't happen. :P

I don't think Arthur is gonna be around much longer. The preview for next episode showed Arthur with Hiro and Claire. Then it showed Mohinder working in the lab. Then it showed Nathan and Tracy discussing the formula in which Tracy says, "Right now, powers are awarded to random individuals both good and bad. When we administer the formula, we decide who gets the powers." Then they walk out in front of a squadron of US military soldiers implying that they'll get the formula. The preview ends with Peter putting a gun to Arthur's head and the Haitian standing right besides. So it looks like Arthur will bite the dust and Nathan will take his place. I'm really interested in what happens with Sylar's character though. So many options there.

I don't think Arthur is gonna be around much longer. The preview for next episode showed Arthur with Hiro and Claire. Then it showed Mohinder working in the lab. Then it showed Nathan and Tracy discussing the formula in which Tracy says, "Right now, powers are awarded to random individuals both good and bad. When we administer the formula, we decide who gets the powers." Then they walk out in front of a squadron of US military soldiers implying that they'll get the formula. The preview ends with Peter putting a gun to Arthur's head and the Haitian standing right besides. So it looks like Arthur will bite the dust and Nathan will take his place. I'm really interested in what happens with Sylar's character though. So many options there.

I have a nagging feeling that Elle isn't dead. The beginning of the cutting was shown, but I don't think Sylar went through with it.

But if he did I wouldn't mind that either. He's a cool character either way, evil or good.

Arthur is gone for sure (but maybe still alive), but how will Peter get his empath power back? I thought it might reset with the eclipse, but of course it didn't.

Mohinder is screwed, though I do enjoy his character arc. Its getting good but I feel it may become stale by the end of volume 4. Plus, Maya is far to forgiving for Mohinder's actions. He turned people into monsters, maybe even killed a few of them, and by choice. Maya killed by accident.

And I do believe that new villains are going to be showing up in volume 4, of course including Nathan and that blond chick with cryokinesis.

Volume 4 is going to kick butt! So is the end of volume 3!

Can't wait.

Edited by TheDreamer

Well, Our Father was a great episode in my opinion. It had the best dialogue of the series I think.

Sylar: Don't worry, it won't hurt.

*lie detector goes off*

Sylar: You got me, yes it will.

For those who missed the episode, here's a 4 minute recap:

I think they're trying to make Syler extra-evil dude again, but with a sense of humour ("cake!"). Perhaps I wasnt the only one unimpressed with his ultra one-dimensional character in the first two seasons.

Nathan is going to become the uber bad guy... ahahahaha!!

... Hot