Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox tried to eat hand of sleeping pensioner

Still Waters

A pensioner awoke from sunbathing to find a fox was gnawing at his hand, his daughter-in-law claimed today.

In a letter in Country Life magazine Carey Tesler told how her 83-year-old father-in-law had asleep in a chair in the back garden when he woke by a “searing paid” to see a “mangy-looking fox eating his hand”.

When the father-in-law’s neighbour was also troubled by the fox, the neighbour telephoned his local council and asked them to come and get rid of the animal.

But he was left baffled to be asked if he still had the fox with him.

http://www.telegraph...-pensioner.html

"searing paid" ? the article has a misprint. That should read "searing pain" I would think.

Weird. Sounds like it's rabid, but England has never had rabies, hence the 6 month quarantine to bring in pets, vaccinated or not.

I think we can safely say that the fox was not 'eating the hand of a sleeping pensioner', but rather nibbling on something that smelled of food ...... no one is going to get their hand bitten off by a fox!

And as for describing a family as being 'harassed by foxes' because one killed a pet rabbit ...... get a grip, people! If you leave your pet bunny outside, something will get it eventually; a fox, dog, cat, maybe even a large bird ....... these creatures are looking for food, or in the case of a pet cat or dog, some amusement. Let's get things into perspective here :rolleyes: .

• Like 2

Country Life magazine is a pro hunting, pro blood sports piece of garbage.

This is just a pathetic attempt to show foxes in a bad light by people who wish they were out chasing them with packs of dogs for fun.

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 1

Never bite the hand that feeds you, just eat the hand that feeds you. I like the way this Fox thinks.

name='coldethyl' timestamp='1349290241' post='4486432']

Weird. Sounds like it's rabid, but England has never had rabies, hence the 6 month quarantine to bring in pets, vaccinated or not.

[/b]

Why is it weird ?

The fox thought he had found some food and had a little nibble , nothing weird about this , just good scavenging .

I just about wet myself when reading the bit about the fox taking the rabbit , what do they think foxes eat in the wild ... subway ?

TiP

• Like 1

Why is it weird ?

The fox thought he had found some food and had a little nibble , nothing weird about this , just good scavenging .

I just about wet myself when reading the bit about the fox taking the rabbit , what do they think foxes eat in the wild ... subway ?

TiP

It's weird because wild animals like a fox don't usually come out hunting during the day in urban areas and up to humans unless they are rabid. England has never had a case of rabies. That's my thinking anyway.

"searing paid" ? the article has a misprint. That should read "searing pain" I would think.

I noticed something was strange about that :huh:

Are there three sexes, men, women, and pensioners ?

Are there three sexes, men, women, and pensioners ?

You don't have that in Oz?

You don't have that in Oz?

Plenty of pensioners, hopefully I won't need to add to their numbers, but you never know. For some reason it has always puzzled me why news media refer to pensioners in this way, which is just how they pay the bills. They don't say a self-funded retiree was run over at the pedestrian crossing, ever ! But pensioners are apparently slower to dodge traffic ! :cry:

Plenty of pensioners, hopefully I won't need to add to their numbers, but you never know. For some reason it has always puzzled me why news media refer to pensioners in this way, which is just how they pay the bills. They don't say a self-funded retiree was run over at the pedestrian crossing, ever ! But pensioners are apparently slower to dodge traffic ! :cry:

Ah! I see where the confusion lies: here in the UK everyone gets a basic State pension once they are a certain age ...... SO, after a certain age, everyone is a 'pensioner'!

They keep moving the qualifying age further and further back, in the hope that none of us will be able to run fast enough to catch it!