Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iranian jets fire on U.S. drone

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 09 November 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

Yeah, I agree. Its like we can have nukes but no one else better dare try to get any. Who are we to police what other countires do with their military?

Either way, Iran would be crazy to give us a reason to go in there. I mean we are already struggling to hold our little pitbull's (Israel) leash. They are foaming at the mouth to get in there...

And if they do, I hope every one of the surround countries bandies together and puts the pitbull down.

#17    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,866 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostOverSword, on 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

I question the validity of this report.  What kind of air to air missile misses something as unmaneuverable and slow as a drone?

Could it have been that they fired a warning shot at it?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#18    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostStellar, on 09 November 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Could it have been that they fired a warning shot at it?

No it was to big of a gun and to small a target. Who the hell sends ground attack fighters to intercept a flying bogey? different targeting set up.

I don't doubt for a minute it was in international waters with our eyes in the sky we really don't have to "fly" over Iran to see what we want to.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#19    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 08 November 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf last week, CNN has learned.
The incident raises fresh concerns within the Obama administration about Iranian military aggression in crucial Gulf oil shipping lanes.
The drone was in international airspace east of Kuwait, U.S. officials said, adding it was engaged in routine maritime surveillance.
Although the drone was not hit, the Pentagon is concerned.

http://security.blog...rone/?hpt=hp_t3

Is Iran out of its fricken mind!

i never believe invisible men stories like this....  WHO  are  the "U.S. officials" ?????   and .. WHO?? at  " the pentagon is concerned "?

Edited by lightly, 09 November 2012 - 02:20 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#20    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostOverSword, on 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

I question the validity of this report.  What kind of air to air missile misses something as unmaneuverable and slow as a drone?

SU-25's aren't meant to be shooting at other aircraft. Either the Iranians don't want to risk their precious fighters or they don't know the difference between ground attack aircraft and fighter aircraft.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#21    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 09 November 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

No it was to big of a gun and to small a target. Who the hell sends ground attack fighters to intercept a flying bogey? different targeting set up.

I don't doubt for a minute it was in international waters with our eyes in the sky we really don't have to "fly" over Iran to see what we want to.

So why does the US government/military spend all that money on drones for, if they can already see what they need/want to ?

Posted Image

#22    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 09 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

So why does the US government/military spend all that money on drones for, if they can already see what they need/want to ?
I think he means by is that using drones you don't need to into Iran to see

#23    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Speaking of drones they are going to go domestic under several applications. Corporations to survey large tracts of land with their interests and also law enforcement.

#24    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

It's all lies. More bulls@&t from the American war machine to lay the ground for an attack on Iran. Now oterrorist has won a second term he can do whatever he wants in the next 4 years and the "Obama supporters" aka racist black people and the pc pathetic, apologetic white ass kissers afraid of being branded racist for not voting Obama, are all to blame.

#25    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postcaptain pish, on 09 November 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

It's all lies. More bulls@&t from the American war machine to lay the ground for an attack on Iran. Now oterrorist has won a second term he can do whatever he wants in the next 4 years and the "Obama supporters" aka racist black people and the pc pathetic, apologetic white ass kissers afraid of being branded racist for not voting Obama, are all to blame.

Your tears are delicious.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#26    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostHilander, on 08 November 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

I think they are trying to get us to attack them when they do stuff like this.

Aye. A nation who has just witnessed the decimation of many neighbouring and allied countries WANTS the U.S. to attack...

Sorry for the sarcasm but, bloody hell, do you actually believe this?

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 09 November 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#27    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

You know I'm not sure why this is automatically the American's fault. It could be but given the past reactions of Iran regarding British naval units for example they're hardly saints. They too could have been in the wrong.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#28    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostHilander, on 08 November 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

I think they are trying to get us to attack them when they do stuff like this.

It is more likely to be a warning to the US, warning them not to send drones into their (Iran's) airspace, like they have done and are still doing to other countries

Posted Image

#29    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,059 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostCorp, on 09 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

You know I'm not sure why this is automatically the American's fault. It could be but given the past reactions of Iran regarding British naval units for example they're hardly saints. They too could have been in the wrong.
Indeed, but it would make a very convenient cassus belli for the U.S. to step up action against the Madmen of Tehran, wouldn't it.
Has anyone wondered why it was only announced now, when it supposedly happened last week? You don't think it could've been planned with the election victory of Mr. Romney in mind, do you, therebye giving him a ready made excuse on a plate to carry out his pledge of taking Firm and Decisive Action?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#30    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Corp,  I'm not crying pal, I couldn't care less. I'm from England. You might be proud of keeping Obama in office, but the rest of the world can see what a cartoon show America has become. so congratulations on keeping the man who is destroying the great America at the helm. You have become a global joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users