Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A Rant Against The Light (benefits of DARK)

darkness devil satan god light

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Ever Learning, I am not "forcing" anyone to do anything. This is my personally rant against the light , and my argument for why darkness is better. You can still choose light if you want, I am just explaining darkness because most were deceived into thinking that dark is just this evil force - mostly because of the controlled media and the illuminati elite (LIGHT worshipers) but even if you don't believe in an elite, let's get back to the point...

Darkness is The Source. It created light and scientists today, learned how to create light from the darkness (void).

The Darkness is space, what allows the light to shine. The darkness let the light exist. All light and all THINGS come from darkness.

All emotions, thoughts, spirits, bodies, etc. are all forms of light (although some more "solid" and some less "solid).

The real spiritual essence is Darkness, Space, Emptiness...

All desires, intentions, whether it is a spirit doing it or a more solid body - is all of the material essence (light).

There is a SPACE within me now, and now I see how the light deceives... Oh my god! I wasn't these "things". I wasn't these "emotions", these "thoughts", these "intentions", this "changing" bodies. All of these things come and go and change, so they are not me - I am constant - that's how I see it change.

With this awareness I have the stillness behind all motion, the silence behind all thought, and the calmness behind all emotion.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

#17    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,837 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

Arpee said:

There is a SPACE within me now, and now I see how the light deceives... Oh my god! I wasn't these "things". I wasn't these "emotions", these "thoughts", these "intentions", this "changing" bodies. All of these things come and go and change, so they are not me - I am constant - that's how I see it change.

With this awareness I have the stillness behind all motion, the silence behind all thought, and the calmness behind all emotion.

Arpee, I have no argument against your OP and your post above this one. Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. wrote a book that he titled, "Mother Night." I like that title. I consider the Void to be the Fundamental Source. The Void being non-dualistic: not nothing, not something. Not being able to comprehend this Void, we may as well conceptualize it as Night. Darkness, the source of "the stillness behind all motion, the silence behind all thought, and the calmness behind all emotion", to quote you.

Very nicely said.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#18    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,968 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostArpee, on 13 September 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

The light blinds peoples, it just forcing itself into your sight, forcing you to conform to "its" ideas. The light will keep you aware from your fears - and this is not a good thing! Good, would be actually growing stronger and conquering the fears and this can only be done by stepping into the DARKNESS and confronting your sub-conscious mind...

Do you see devils and monsters in the dark? Don't be scare... find a calmness inside, then you will truly be FREE from your fears. This is what the darkness teaches, fearlessness, being able to be in the DARK without fears - with calmness, without the "light" of desire or "wanting to know", but feeling comfortable a calmness with your own BEING.

You will only find acceptance in the DARK, the light will force order, upon everyone, unfortunately, some are SO scared to confront their fears that they'll run to the light and wish to be in light forever, instead of letting the light go out to confront their fears.

These ideas of "Illuminati" , "Control", "Enlightenment", are ALL worshipers of light. You may say "your light is not as real as MY light - but light is light! It doesn't matter if you call it "Lucifer" or "Jesus" or any other name, it is still the SAME THING! The so-called "Evil" and "Good" are both worshiping THE SAME CONCEPT, hardly anyone is following the ways of the darkness....

The only famous person who talked about staying to the "The Divine Feminine (Darkness)" is Lao Tzu!

You can go on justifying how you "NEED" this or "WANT" that; making any excuse to worship light, because that is what the light does. It keeps you WANTING stuff, going to another goal....

The darkness accepts you NOW without any goals or anything...

I guess they BOTH have benefit, the light is teaching compassion and unity, while the darkness is teaching how not to be scared... in other words how to be stronger...

But only darkness represents CALMNESS (PEACE)...

Light is actual eMOTION
(although hate, sadness, etc. are lower forms... while love and joy are higher)
Ok arpee.... I was armed to the teeth based on the title. But I was softened on the rest. Good job.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#19    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostKazoo, on 13 September 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

The darkness is the lack of light. The darkness is not a being of itself.

The darkness does not accept. The darkness ignores. It does not realize you. You are nothing more then black in the never ending field of darkness. You. Any inanimate object. You are all the same in the dark.
If I may . . . of course we all know that Light & Darkness are metaphorically used here?
That said . . . Darkness is NOT the absence of Light, rather Darkness is the Womb that provides Light with someplace to exist.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#20    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

you taking the term "light" to literal.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#21    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostEtu Malku, on 14 September 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

If I may . . . of course we all know that Light & Darkness are metaphorically used here?
That said . . . Darkness is NOT the absence of Light, rather Darkness is the Womb that provides Light with someplace to exist.

Aha!, some perception here. Now, I stated in another thread that we are all children of the light, so I will be careful not to be seen as a hypocrite. I think that darkness can be a womb for existance of light because original default position of the universe/multiverse, is of utter darkness. Something occured, call it the Great Mystery, big bang or whatever, and we have been born from that event, an event that created light. Now, there is light that = good and dark that = evil. I do not believe in any properly evil force. What I see in this form of darkness is simply the irrational fears of childhood. These are fears from our very ancient past, when we could not understand the forces around us, and still do not....   Also literally the fear of the unknown and unseen in the night and dark places. As humans we have created our own evil from irrationality, and to combat this artificial evil we must confront our own fears. When I say confront, I mean literally. We should enter the dark and bring the light of reason to the monsters that live there. There is a god of fear, though he is not a god to bring fear and confusion to you, like Pan, he is there to guide you in confronting your fears. His name? Клим Бах ;)

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 01 October 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#22    Halmista

Halmista

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• " It is our own weaknesses that define our strengths"

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

The light blinds peoples, it just forcing itself into your sight, forcing you to conform to "its" ideas. The light will keep you aware from your fears - and this is not a good thing! Good, would be actually growing stronger and conquering the fears and this can only be done by stepping into the DARKNESS and confronting your sub-conscious mind...

Do you see devils and monsters in the dark? Don't be scare... find a calmness inside, then you will truly be FREE from your fears. This is what the darkness teaches, fearlessness, being able to be in the DARK without fears - with calmness, without the "light" of desire or "wanting to know", but feeling comfortable a calmness with your own BEING.

You will only find acceptance in the DARK, the light will force order, upon everyone, unfortunately, some are SO scared to confront their fears that they'll run to the light and wish to be in light forever, instead of letting the light go out to confront their fears.

These ideas of "Illuminati" , "Control", "Enlightenment", are ALL worshipers of light. You may say "your light is not as real as MY light - but light is light! It doesn't matter if you call it "Lucifer" or "Jesus" or any other name, it is still the SAME THING! The so-called "Evil" and "Good" are both worshiping THE SAME CONCEPT, hardly anyone is following the ways of the darkness....

The only famous person who talked about staying to the "The Divine Feminine (Darkness)" is Lao Tzu!

You can go on justifying how you "NEED" this or "WANT" that; making any excuse to worship light, because that is what the light does. It keeps you WANTING stuff, going to another goal....

I guess they BOTH have benefit, the light is teaching compassion and unity, while the darkness is teaching how not to be scared... in other words how to be stronger...

Light is actual eMOTION
Interesting .... I do agree though It's  more like of a YIn and Yang. Yin is male while Yang is Female which can also be likened to the Sun and The Moon. The Sun male the Moon Female.    
               The Sun is the light and represents action and order it is movement. The Moon is the Darkness and represents inaction and formlessness( no order) it is passive.
                When one moves towards the light he is bringing order, strength and power into him  but alas when you move too near to the sun you get burned. When one stays in the                                                                                    darkness the individual is calm, reserved, understanding however the individual will wither of his inactivity and eventually perish.
" Too much of something will kill you " Thus too much exposure to the light will lead to fanaticism which leads to events such as the " witch hunts", extermination of the Jews, crusades ....etc and too much of darkness will kill the beautiful flower but you are right the world is getting nearer and nearer to the sun. We must learn to take a step back or I fear we may End Up Like  ICARUS.

#23    dougeaton

dougeaton

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Light is actual eMOTION

Hmmm this is really, really chlildish.....

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#24    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostHalmista, on 01 October 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

The Moon is the Darkness and represents inaction and formlessness( no order) it is passive.
The Moon reflects the Sun's Light to Us . . . this in itself is worth contemplating.

Through the Light of Lucifer (Latin for Light Bringer) humanity first climbed down from the trees, this Light has represented the flow of spiritual evolution and the battle against spiritual stasis. But Lucifer may be more than a metaphor for rebellion, enlightenment and advancement - as the pure creative and motive light, Lucifer may actually be the key to life itself!

The DNA within the nuclei of all cells of living creatures contains biophotons or ultra-weak proton emissions - in other words, light!
A dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA connects cells, tissues and organs and serve as the organism's main communication network.

Lucifer is on the move inside you and me, chattering between cell and cell, rousing the cohorts of the life-force, keeping us alive and wonderful. Every man and woman is a star - and we each have our own Inner Light if we choose to see it.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#25    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

The light can make you lazy, the dark makes you look a little harder.

#26    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,075 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

The  trouble with the dark is you keep bumping into things. It's physically dangerous. Being in the dark is equivalent to living blind.  A fairly restricted lifestyle.

Dark is only manageable when it is mixed with a little light. At least enough to function by.

Without even a smidgeon of light, the dark is total and absolute.

DArker even than a dark night on earth with your eyes closed.

So dark that you have no sense of direction or spatial awareness. and no differentiation of self and other. All that exists in the dark is your mind. You can' t even see yourself.

But one point to consider. Absolute and total light has exactly the same sensory and practical effects as absolute dark. One is totally blind etc.

Edited by Mr Walker, 02 October 2012 - 05:10 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#27    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Pitch Black as well as Blinding White are both impractical and Blinding . . . a balance should be sought!

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#28    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,248 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

The terms "light" and "darkness" used in a spiritual/religious sense, are metaphors, symbols that are a physical representations for states of being/consciousness/knowledge or lack of, etc. Their usage is sort of a shorthand way of referencing non-physical ideas or states.

#29    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostBeany, on 02 October 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

The terms "light" and "darkness" used in a spiritual/religious sense, are metaphors, symbols that are a physical representations for states of being/consciousness/knowledge or lack of, etc. Their usage is sort of a shorthand way of referencing non-physical ideas or states.
I'm pretty sure we have already established that on this thread :tu:
Everything said about both Light & Dark can as well, be construed as metaphorical.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#30    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,207 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Light is actual eMOTION
I always tell people to really know who they're praying to, at all costs. Light and dark? I never did see the difference in the Void; however, I always prefer to be "good" and kind because there's really no reason to be otherwise. We all have or have had our many faults.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist)

Distinguish between spin doctoring and truth. Keep in mind that truth is ALMOST impossible to figure out when it comes to ancient holy book.

Also tagged with darkness, devil, satan, god, light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users