Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Good Books about the Paranormal I can get fre

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    shobonimaster

shobonimaster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

• Theres morally wrong, and then theres "I don't have bail money" wrong

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

I got a cheap tablet and was looking for books about the Paranormal and Cryptozoology I can find the Epub files of free. And suggestions?

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

#2    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,681 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

I guess it kind of depends on what sort of books you are looking for. There are tons and tons of paranormal books.

#3    shobonimaster

shobonimaster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

View Postrashore, on 30 August 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I guess it kind of depends on what sort of books you are looking for. There are tons and tons of paranormal books.

I mean ones I can get for free easily.

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

#4    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,681 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Amazon alone has thousands of books listed under free paranormal. And quite a few sub categories to help you narrow down your search.
Are you looking for something like this? http://www.sacred-te...om/download.htm

#5    shobonimaster

shobonimaster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postrashore, on 30 August 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Amazon alone has thousands of books listed under free paranormal. And quite a few sub categories to help you narrow down your search.
Are you looking for something like this? http://www.sacred-te...om/download.htm

This device doesn't have internet, so I just need somewhere I can get the Epub files.

-Duncan McLeod.

#6    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,681 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Well, if your reading device does not have internet capability... You might have to dink around and use whatever device it is you are using to access the internet and use that to snag files, then send the files over to your non-internet device. You might have to do some sort of direct cable hookup or flashdrive or something.

#7    shobonimaster

shobonimaster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

View Postrashore, on 31 August 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Well, if your reading device does not have internet capability... You might have to dink around and use whatever device it is you are using to access the internet and use that to snag files, then send the files over to your non-internet device. You might have to do some sort of direct cable hookup or flashdrive or something.

I've been using my computer to get the files and out them on it.

-Duncan McLeod.

#8    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postshobonimaster, on 30 August 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

I got a cheap tablet and was looking for books about the Paranormal and Cryptozoology I can find the Epub files of free. And suggestions?

Google books probably has a ton of public domain ones to download.

I know that B&N and their nook (I have one of those) has lots of those types of books available at such a low cost they might as well be free. But be warned - most of them are very badly written and basically the ravings of lunatics. On the other hand... well, they are badly written and the ravings of lunatics and that can be fun to read sometimes.

#9    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

View Postshobonimaster, on 31 August 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

This device doesn't have internet, so I just need somewhere I can get the Epub files.

Then definitely go to Google Books - http://books.google.com/

That will probably have a ton for you that are either free or very very cheap.

#10    Monster Archiver

Monster Archiver

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

My favourite Author is Nick Redfern, he has wrote all sorts on the Paranormal, but he has a really good and sometimes comical perspective on it, highly recommend "there's something in the woods" and "3 men chasing monsters" if you are into UFO's and Conspiracy he has done some really good books on that to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users