Photo

A new arrival... of the furry kind.

Posted by Waspie_Dwarf , in My furry, purry friends 30 November 2010 · 293 views

I have commented before that my blog entries about my cats gain far more response than my blog entries about me. So in a bid to gain popularity some more about my cats...

When I first started this blog I had 2 cats, an older, more sensible cat called Zeta and a young nutter called Nyana. In January 2007 Zeta passed away. Nyana slowly grew up and now, at the age of five is a fairly sensible and mature cat herself. I rarely call her Nyana Nutter-Cat these days.

Posted Image
The sensible & mature Nyana

In August 2008 one of my workmates (Amanda) told me that her neighbours had rescued a young cat, about 3 months old. They had found it injured, it had been in a fight with a fox and had been blinded in one eye. They had taken it to the vets and it was now healthy apart from the loss of sight in the right eye. Unfortunately they had a toddler who was not very gentle with the cat and so they couldn't keep her (the cat not the toddler). Like a mug I said I'd give the kitten a home. Amanda christened her Daisy and the name stuck.

Posted Image
Daisy on arrival

It soon became clear that Daisy was the new nutter in the house. She was (and still is) a tiny cat, but in her mind she is a huge tiger. She terrorises my next door neighbours dog and the gave her the nickname Crazy Daisy. Despite this she is a very affectionate cat.

Finally, after 2 years, Nyana has grown used to Daisy and Daisy has learned not to attempt to leap on Nyana at every opportunity. They no longer fight all the time and now seem almost friendly. Daisy still thinks she is a tiger when she is out of the house though and still terrorises net door's dog.

Posted Image
Daisy & Nyana not fighting

So peace has broken out in the Waspie_Dwarf house, except...

A week and a half ago one of my workmates (Sally) told me that her son had an 18 week old kitten. He also had a young child (sound familiar?) He needed to find a new home for Ali(that's the kitten not the baby). Guess what I did. Yep, I know have 3 cats.

Ali is extraordinarily affectionate, a loving little bundle of fun. He is currently living in a separate part of the house from the other two and I will introduce him slowly.

Here's Ali Cat...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ali... the new kit on the block

schizoidwoman
Nov 30 2010 09:36 AM
They are all gorgeous!
Adorable blog and cats. I have two cats, Tickle a black and white Tabby and Noodles a Siamese. Noodles was originally Maisey for the first 2 months we had him (my friend found him and brought him to us, he was tiny baby kitty) and one evening my father came by and was playing with him informed me she was a he! Shocked us and shamed me, silly can't tell but then again we're all female here and don't notice that kind of thing lol. Anyway good on you for rescuing another feline, beauty it is. It's been a year and Noodles still annoys the poo out of my Tabby.

Don't Panic

Posted Image

"It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day"
- Arthur Dent

Waspie_Dwarf is currently reading...

Mission to Mars

By Buzz Aldrin

and

The Eye of the World
Book 1 of The Wheel of Time

By Robert Jordan

What's going on in here then?

Posted Image

What I'm made of..

Posted Image

Posted Image

You have been warned.

IPB Image\
IPB Image\
IPB Image\

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

My parents

linked-image
Olive May Burns (née Williams)
(24th September 1939 - 30th May 2001)

linked-image
Charles Robert Burns
(4th April 1936 - 12th October 2005)

Life, the Universe and Everything

IPB Image\

Mother Nature - the great artist

linked-image
Click the above thumbnail for full size image

The view from my bedroom isn't usually a spectacular one, but every now and then Mother Nature dips into her pots of paint are produces a sky like this.

This was taken on 14th November 2005

London at Night

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

IPB Image\

Things seen in my garden

Posted Image