Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#1396    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,525 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I await the genius of your inspired mind to enlighten the forum oh wise one.  As you have done here many times before.

I'm rather enjoying the hilarity of your boundless willfull ignorance. It's quite amusing.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#1397    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,210 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Which has lasted longer?  Precision fit means able to withstand the rigours of nature surely?  It's an infallible argument yet the Spanish used inferior methods; contemporary with Renaissence Europe perhaps but nonetheless inferior.  

Look at how much it has cost to repair the European cathedrals.  This is not subject to opinion; it's fact.

We're talking about the methods used to shape the stones, not the end result, and for that result we have the luxury of hindsight. To the Spanish, These would've been recent constructions for which they would've had no reason to think of them as anything but an odd design choice. Nor were any of the native constructions more than a couple stories high, and those where essentially supported by their own mass, where the Spanish were accustomed to creating multistory framed buildings that would've never worked with.  The Incas only had the corbeled arch for crying out loud, instead of the superior vaulted arch.

They clearly had an abundance of the stones to take apart and re-assemble, and plenty of standing examples to inspire them. What did they do? Top them with European-style construction. That should show you how much they thought of this "superior" technology.

Your approach has been if they could use it, they must use it unless they were unable to. There is nothing even remotely logical about that.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#1398    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostJGirl, on 10 December 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

my apologies - i did miss this post
well i appreciate that you have recapped because it's easier now to get your drift. not that i get your argument, i mean i get where your head is at at least
while i admire your hard boiled determination, your stubborn refusal to open your mind to other more plausible possibilities makes a mockery of your effort.
i lean toward the idea that human beings built those structures because i have seen examples of human feats that equal or rival in wonderment. i have not seen examples of alien structures, heck i have not seen examples of aliens.

Thanks for the sincerity.  Specifically the precision, and with the means available to ancient people?  Really?

Regarding not seeing aliens; that's not everyone's experience by any means.

Posted Image

#1399    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,522 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

You guys have to have something better to discuss.  There are things flying over our heads right now that we can't explain and you're arguing about old freaking rocks.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#1400    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 December 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

You guys have to have something better to discuss.  There are things flying over our heads right now that we can't explain and you're arguing about old freaking rocks.

Posted Image

#1401    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 10 December 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

We're talking about the methods used to shape the stones, not the end result, and for that result we have the luxury of hindsight. To the Spanish, These would've been recent constructions for which they would've had no reason to think of them as anything but an odd design choice. Nor were any of the native constructions more than a couple stories high, and those where essentially supported by their own mass, where the Spanish were accustomed to creating multistory framed buildings that would've never worked with.  The Incas only had the corbeled arch for crying out loud, instead of the superior vaulted arch.

They clearly had an abundance of the stones to take apart and re-assemble, and plenty of standing examples to inspire them. What did they do? Top them with European-style construction. That should show you how much they thought of this "superior" technology.

Your approach has been if they could use it, they must use it unless they were unable to. There is nothing even remotely logical about that.

Well there is a completely different view to be had; that they didn't replicate it because they couldn't.  My argument about the religious needs out weighs yours by a long shot.

Any building erected for religious purposes is done to with stand eternity.  The Cathedrals as spectacular as they are are crumbling.

Edited by zoser, 10 December 2012 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image

#1402    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,460 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Your comment on Hopkins analysis please?

5:49 in your video. Hopkins states: "It is possible to do by hand."

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 10 December 2012 - 08:38 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#1403    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 10 December 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

I'm rather enjoying the hilarity of your boundless willfull ignorance. It's quite amusing.

cormac

Your opinion on the Hopkins analysis?

Posted Image

#1404    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,460 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Your opinion on the Hopkins analysis?

You mean that part where he says it can be done by hand?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#1405    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 December 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

We discuss about ANCIENT aliens.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#1406    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 10 December 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

5:49 in your video. Hopkins states: "It is possible to do by hand."

I know I said that in the transcript in an earlier post.  Later he was shown a picture of the PP relics.  Then his frame of mind changed.  You are referring to his comment about statues.

Posted Image

#1407    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,460 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

I know I said that in the transcript in an earlier post.  Later he was shown a picture of the PP relics.  Then his frame of mind changed.  You are referring to his comment about statues.

He was commenting about the level of precision that you are so enamored with.

#1408    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

From post 1381

At 5:21 in the clip:

Yet even with these high tech tools, Hopkins cannot replicate what ancient civilisations accomplished thousands of years ago.

At 5:50 on the subject of ancient sculptures and statues (Hopkins):

It's possible to do by hand, but it would take an incredible amount of time plus you have to have years of experience to pull it off.

At 9:00 in the clip; quoth Hopkins when shown photos of the PP relics:

If we were to do something like that today we would use computer driven CNC machines which have diamond tips and a template that the computer follows and even then it may not come out as perfect.

Posted Image

Edited by zoser, 10 December 2012 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image

#1409    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Good night everyone.  Be back tomorrow.  Don't talk about me when I've gone.

Posted Image

#1410    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,460 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 December 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

From post 1381

At 5:21 in the clip:

Yet even with these high tech tools, Hopkins cannot replicate what ancient civilisations accomplished thousands of years ago.

At 5:50 on the subject of ancient sculptures and statues (Hopkins):

It's possible to do by hand, but it would take an incredible amount of time plus you have to have years of experience to pull it off.

It s possible to do by hand, yet cannot be replicated with high tech tools? Come on. You can't seriously believe this AA crap?

At 9:00 in the clip; quoth Hopkins when shown photos of the PP relics:

If we were to do something like that today we would use computer driven CNC machines which have diamond tips and a template that the computer follows and even then it may not come out as perfect.

This is just his speculation based upon what he would do.