Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

62 children close encounter of 3rd kind

Big Bad Voodoo

As soon as I heard the name 'John Mack', I lost interest.

please do elaborate

please do elaborate

Don't you know by now that anyone that immerses himself in a subject like UFOs and abductions is nothing but a kook and should simply be ignored?

• Like 1

I have a question.... Is there any other "evidence" than just someone telling a story in this matter?

The girl in the video... She said she thinks that the "aliens" were telling her not to get to technologed.

Remember here, the aliens arrive in SPACE SHIPS....

please do elaborate

Because he was only one who investigate those kids.

Some people like all under carpet.

I have a question.... Is there any other "evidence" than just someone telling a story in this matter?

Yes laser gun which little grey passed to children. Every children gets one.

• Like 1

Well I must say that I have more faith in what I hear from 62 kids than I do from the U.S. Gov't on this matter.

I see nothing wrong with John Mack investigating this.

I do,... I would have chosen someone a little more skeptical.

Incredibly, just a few years later in 1996, my fear that Mack did not understand the hoaxer dynamic came true! One of Mack’s former patients, Donna Bassett, admitted to a NOVA television documentary team in Boston that she had made up the alien and UFO encounters that she had once told Dr. Mack. She based her story on her understanding of what others had said and written about the abduction phenomenon. Mack had never suspected it. He was entirely “taken in” by the woman’s fabrication.

THE FABRICATION OF ALIEN ABDUCTION: MY CONVERSATONS WITH DR. JOHN MACK by Anthony Bragalia http://ufocon.blogsp...duction-my.html

Edited by Hazzard

I do,... I would have chosen someone a little more skeptical.

Incredibly, just a few years later in 1996, my fear that Mack did not understand the hoaxer dynamic came true! One of Mack’s former patients, Donna Bassett, admitted to a NOVA television documentary team in Boston that she had made up the alien and UFO encounters that she had once told Dr. Mack. She based her story on her understanding of what others had said and written about the abduction phenomenon. Mack had never suspected it. He was entirely “taken in” by the woman’s fabrication.

THE FABRICATION OF ALIEN ABDUCTION: MY CONVERSATONS WITH DR. JOHN MACK by Anthony Bragalia http://ufocon.blogsp...duction-my.html

Do you have hard evidence showing the women is telling the truth this time? If she lied the first time, why should we trust her? All we have is her words that she lied? I need hard evidence, dammit!

Do you have hard evidence showing the women is telling the truth this time? If she lied the first time, why should we trust her? All we have is her words that she lied? I need hard evidence, dammit!

In an 'either or' scenario then one of her stories has to be correct. Flip a coin? Either way it does cast enough doubt on her original tale that it shouldn't be taken at face value without corroborating evidence.

In an 'either or' scenario then one of her stories has to be correct. Flip a coin? Either way it does cast enough doubt on her original tale that it shouldn't be taken at face value without corroborating evidence.

No one should believe a known liar without hard evidence

No one should believe a known liar without hard evidence

:lol:

Agreed.

John Mack has an interesting take on Abduction.

He originally was of the opinion that Abductions are a mental disease, I am not entirely convinced that deep down he ever let go of that idea. He came around to a more benign ideal, simply because upon examination, he personally could not find an anomaly in scans taken of certain subjects.

Macks take on Abduction is that it is Spiritual, not physical. The BBC have quoted Mack saying:

"I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people. [but] I would say there is a compelling powerful phenomenon here that I can't account for in any other way, that's mysterious. Yet I can't know what it is but it seems to me that it invites a deeper, further inquiry."

He does not appear to be of the opinion that spaceships are landing and actually taking people, but this is somehow happening in peoples heads.

This case as you might have suspected has been discussed quite often here. I believe reasonable explanations exist, but few are prepared to ask hard questions because the witnesses are children.

Well I must say that I have more faith in what I hear from 62 kids than I do from the U.S. Gov't on this matter.

I see nothing wrong with John Mack investigating this.

What does the US Government have to do with an African School?

I do not think anone was lying. I have not got enough time to gather enough information, But i believe the children saw electrical workers repairing faults on the grid system.

I do not think anone was lying. I have not got enough time to gather enough information, But i believe the children saw electrical workers repairing faults on the grid system.

I was merely referring to the Donna Bassett story that Hazz linked to where she fooled Mack with a fictional abduction story. Or not, depending on which version you adhere to. :hmm:

I haven't looked into the school kids in Africa case much so I haven't made up my mind about it yet. It sounds like other than the testimony there isn't much to it.

Edited by Slave2Fate

I was merely referring to the Donna Bassett story that Hazz linked to where she fooled Mack with a fictional abduction story. Or not, depending on which version you adhere to. :hmm:

I haven't looked into the school kids in Africa case much so I haven't made up my mind about it yet. It sounds like other than the testimony there isn't much to it.

Opps sorry mate my bad!

I still think it was arrogant of Mack to write of a mental possibility, only because he did not find it himself. If we all adopted that attitude, Tombaugh would never have found Pluto.

The School kid story is always handled with kid gloves, so it's a bit annoying to discuss. People always get upset with "how can you accuse an innocent child of lying!!!" all the while not realising nor understanding that misinterpretation is also an avenue.

They all drew pictures, and while kids do draw things "as they see them" I still think it pays to consider that they do not look even similar for the most of it. The best ones look a great deal like Jupiter2 from Lost In Space. A great deal.

L,

try having a look through this thread, Psyche and I did do quite a bit of research and there is a lot of intersting info dug up....and I am sure there is much more.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=217232&st=135

maybe also look into Michael Hesemann.

such as?

He wasnt the only one L.

Interesting,... Whenever you have the time, Im looking forward to the the rest, psyche.