Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Memory Grove, SLC, UT


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    blaqsunshine

blaqsunshine

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:07 Nov 2011

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hello, I've been a reader here for a while now. This is my 2nd time posting, as I never have anything paranormal happen to me, but I do enjoy the stories. I've recently come into contact with an old friend again and the topic of paranormal things came up. I told him I've always wanted to take pictures to see if anything paranormal would come up. He then shared with me this photo that he took at Memory Grove in Salt Lake City. He doesn't know what it is, and he is too afraid to do any research to see if anyone else has seen anything similar. I'm posting this picture for your enjoyment and I'd like to know if anyone has had a similar sighting in the SLC area?

Pictures are as follows:

1- original untouched image 2- zoomed 3- lightened with photoshop 4- with a brightness filter 5- zoomed again

Attached Files



#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 7,767 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Looks like a fake sorry.


#3    Farmer77

Farmer77

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Joined:04 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Desert

  • "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'm thinking a fox made itself a den in that pillar.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#4    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

    Alien Abducter

  • Banned
  • 4,913 posts
  • Joined:09 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MN

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

Considering your last topic was a pathetic attempt of a hoax (sadly erased now), I'm just going to call BS right now.

Edited by Moonie2012, 07 November 2011 - 10:01 PM.


#5    Farmer77

Farmer77

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Joined:04 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Desert

  • "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 07 November 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

Considering your last topic was a pathetic attempt of a hoax (sadly erased now), I'm just going to call BS right now.


AHHHHHHH i need to pay closer attention to who's posting.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#6    Uncommon Sense

Uncommon Sense

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

  • You can lead a fish to water, but you can't make it a horse.

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

That looks like a really bad photoshop.  I can't tell if the "thing" is supposed to be coming out of a poorly shopped "den" or if that's a shadow being cast behind it from a non-existent light source.


#7    rashore

rashore

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,494 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

My best guess is if it is untampered or not a hoax pic.. wild animal. Keep in mind that when shooting pics outdoors, there are wild animals outdoors too :)


#8    blaqsunshine

blaqsunshine

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:07 Nov 2011

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

How is it a hoax if i dont claim that it is anything?
Use common sense.
My last post I said I didnt know if it was fake or not, and I said it very well could be.
And, just like my last post, i said this is for your ENJOYMENT. Im not asking for your assertion that it is what i claim. I didnt even make a claim!
Gah.


#9    rashore

rashore

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,494 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

Sorry Blaq... I think a lot of us get our enjoyment from speculating :) If you have been a shadow for a while, you should have picked that up. What our best guess is.. Hoax or not, If hoax, how was it done, if not, what is it? And how to solve.. da de dummmm...

I don't think your friend should be afraid to ask. Some of your easiest research can be finding out what local wildlife there is. By the look of googlemaps, that park is a straight shot in from more natural area.
Checking out/taking pics of the same areas in the daylight.
For those of us less familiar with the area... Where exactly in the park was the pic taken.

I notice this topic is your first postings... Try to take it all into stride. The CMA and WTF game can be sometwhat startling. We are often a bold bunch :) Welcome to the boards by the way :st


#10    blaqsunshine

blaqsunshine

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:07 Nov 2011

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

Thank you Rashore. This is my 2nd posting under a new acct because i forgot my first acct's pass and it wouldnt let me retrieve it :( I'm glad you actually read what I wrote. Imo, half the fun is not knowing if photos have been tampered with or not. Same with stories. What's the fun in thinking everything is hoaxed, anyway?


#11    deathrisesagain

deathrisesagain

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'm going to have to say that the picture was tampered with. Because if you look close enough you can see where tall grass use to be, i think it would be kind of odd to have grass coming out of the dark red eye thing.
On another note, i'm not going to sit here and tell someone that everything is a hoax because they posted something earlier. Sometimes i'll post something that is a hoax or a story that is made up, just to see how creditable everyone is. Sometimes you'll get people who think they know exactly what they are talking about with absolutely no experience or knowledge in this field.

"Brave in action and alert in mind, possessing an intelligence quite beyond the ordinary barbarian"

#12    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

    Alien Abducter

  • Banned
  • 4,913 posts
  • Joined:09 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MN

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

Just so everyone knows, the OP's last (now erased) thread was an OBVIOUS hoax. It was made with a ghost app, I believe. It wasn't subtle in any way, it had a ghost girl in it that was crudely slapped into the pic.

Once you post stupid crap like that (with your first post no less), your credibility IS shot. You don't need to be an "expert" to see the obvious.

Edited by Moonie2012, 11 November 2011 - 03:45 PM.


#13    SLSeeker

SLSeeker

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:04 Feb 2013

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

First time posting. I'll Post a few short details. Firstly, I know the source, namely the person that took the photo. This was taken before "ghost apps" or even the iPhone. This photo, or the first one taken was not tampered with. The person knows nothing more than how to stretch or crop photos.  Look at the original and pull the exif. data. Proof of date taken and camera used (pre dates iPhone). Pull the image up in photoshop and manipulate. The image is genuine.

-SLSeeker

Edited by SLSeeker, 04 February 2013 - 06:22 AM.


#14    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

    Just a contributor..

  • Member
  • 2,790 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gold Coast (Qld, Australia)

  • I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostSLSeeker, on 04 February 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

First time posting. I'll Post a few short details. Firstly, I know the source, namely the person that took the photo. This was taken before "ghost apps" or even the iPhone. This photo, or the first one taken was not tampered with. The person knows nothing more than how to stretch or crop photos.  Look at the original and pull the exif. data. Proof of date taken and camera used (pre dates iPhone). Pull the image up in photoshop and manipulate. The image is genuine.

-SLSeeker
Before answering the content - can you verify you are NOT the OP?

So much wrong in one post...
First up, why are you here?  Are these your images - if so, why didn't you say so?  Or did the OP invite you for backup?  Usually when this sort of 'cavalry' arrives, let's just say they are almost always .. er .. closely related..
Second, why didn't you (and the OP) simply give a date for the images?
And why, given the ridiculously-simple-to-add details in these tiny images, would anyone need a ghost app or an IPhone?
Third, these images, even the first, are indeed 'tampered with' - they have been re-sized and re-compressed, for a start.  So the comments about the OP not knowing much about image manipulation, come from someone who has the same (or less) knowledge.
Fourth, the image is clearly NOT the original and contain no exif data, so why tell us to look at it?
Fifth, 'pulling the image up in photoshop and manipulating', even assuming the readers here all have Photoshop (I do, and it's a legal copy - is yours?) will tell us nothing whatsoever about such a small and low quality image.

So, in summary, pretty much everything you posted was wrong, and the image is not genuine.  I also doubt that you or the OP are genuine either, given one hoax already and the words:

Quote

half the fun is not knowing if photos have been tampered with or not..
My last post I said I didnt know if it was fake or not, and I said it very well could be...
And, just like my last post, i said this is for your ENJOYMENT...
????

'Gah', indeed.  Sounds an awful lot like a troll/hoax to me.  So, post the original image inc. exif, also post the images immediately before and after it, give details of dates, times and also tell us about how your friend gave permission to post the image, and what reasoning was behind the methods used to manipulate it..  Then I'll happily apologise for the implication.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#15    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 05 February 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

Before answering the content - can you verify you are NOT the OP?

So much wrong in one post...
First up, why are you here?  Are these your images - if so, why didn't you say so?  Or did the OP invite you for backup?  Usually when this sort of 'cavalry' arrives, let's just say they are almost always .. er .. closely related..
Second, why didn't you (and the OP) simply give a date for the images?
And why, given the ridiculously-simple-to-add details in these tiny images, would anyone need a ghost app or an IPhone?
Third, these images, even the first, are indeed 'tampered with' - they have been re-sized and re-compressed, for a start.  So the comments about the OP not knowing much about image manipulation, come from someone who has the same (or less) knowledge.
Fourth, the image is clearly NOT the original and contain no exif data, so why tell us to look at it?
Fifth, 'pulling the image up in photoshop and manipulating', even assuming the readers here all have Photoshop (I do, and it's a legal copy - is yours?) will tell us nothing whatsoever about such a small and low quality image.

So, in summary, pretty much everything you posted was wrong, and the image is not genuine.  I also doubt that you or the OP are genuine either, given one hoax already and the words:

????

'Gah', indeed.  Sounds an awful lot like a troll/hoax to me.  So, post the original image inc. exif, also post the images immediately before and after it, give details of dates, times and also tell us about how your friend gave permission to post the image, and what reasoning was behind the methods used to manipulate it..  Then I'll happily apologise for the implication.

Chrlzs, you rock - as always.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users