Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Boy died due to faith healer parents

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Poor kid :cry:  It beggars belief that these parents let their child die in agony. I was taught "God helps those who help themselves" they should of gone straight to the A & E department immediately. :no:

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#32    Hippycrite

Hippycrite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked-Bob Dylan

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'm not a big follower of the different "Christian" sects or cults. While I'm aware of "faith-healing", and I've heard about this kind of thing before, what is it about "modern medicine" that they feel is unholy or immoral?

#33    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostHippycrite, on 20 September 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

I'm not a big follower of the different "Christian" sects or cults. While I'm aware of "faith-healing", and I've heard about this kind of thing before, what is it about "modern medicine" that they feel is unholy or immoral?

I think some believers feel using modern medicine questions their faith somehow. I've experienced it with some christians I knew, they wanted to believe they were healed but they weren't, they were just practising positive thinking. Their ailments never left them so if they were healed why were they still ill? - I believe because faith healing is fake - been there, done that, got the t shirt.

#34    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,815 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

How obsessed do you have to be with your religion to watch your child die and do nothing about it?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#35    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 20 September 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

How obsessed do you have to be with your religion to watch your child die and do nothing about it?

Brainwashed I guess.

#36    Hippycrite

Hippycrite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked-Bob Dylan

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostBling, on 20 September 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

I think some believers feel using modern medicine questions their faith somehow. I've experienced it with some christians I knew, they wanted to believe they were healed but they weren't, they were just practising positive thinking. Their ailments never left them so if they were healed why were they still ill? - I believe because faith healing is fake - been there, done that, got the t shirt.
Agreed on the fake. But I'm wondering whether their belief is that faith itself will restore health, or if there is an actual bible passage they feel instructs them to avoid doctors?

#37    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,257 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostHippycrite, on 21 September 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Agreed on the fake. But I'm wondering whether their belief is that faith itself will restore health, or if there is an actual bible passage they feel instructs them to avoid doctors?

I used this the other day on the Doctor Pepper thread. :blush:

Matthew 9:12
'On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.'

I am not familiar with the Bible, I am quite sure this is in there somewhere, just don't know which one though...

Edited by Junior Chubb, 21 September 2012 - 12:44 AM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#38    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Unbelieveable .. And To Think We're In The 21st Century ...

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#39    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostNinhursag, on 22 September 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Unbelieveable .. And To Think We're In The 21st Century ...

To think that ppl have been saying that sentence since the moment ppl started believing in God(s )

How long will it take till some can come to their senses.

#40    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostRender, on 23 September 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

To think that ppl have been saying that sentence since the moment ppl started believing in God(s )

How long will it take till some can come to their senses.

Lolol .. Good Point ..

But You Know What I Meant ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#41    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,712 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

So...basically their religion allowed them to be exempt from the law?
I am disgusted beyond words.

#42    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,252 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostHippycrite, on 21 September 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

They believe that god chooses to save them or take them to heaven. It's one of those "Thy will be done" kind of things.

I could NEVER do what these people did because I believe the lottery ticket parable that someone mentioned ... God gave you the tools to take care of these problems, now use them. Aka, take yourself and your kids to the damn doctor.

But I can see how these kooks arrived at their belief in letting nature/god take its course too... I'm not particularly horrified by what they believe or by the results of their beliefs, but I don't agree with them either.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#43    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

How many more times does this need to happen before these idiots realise medical issues require medical attention..? They should be in jail. 5 years probation is a joke for letting their son die in agony.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#44    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostOdds, on 24 September 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

How many more times does this need to happen before these idiots realise medical issues require medical attention..? They should be in jail. 5 years probation is a joke for letting their son die in agony.

I know, I couldn't believe they got off so lightly..   People have went down  for  far less  ...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#45    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 23 September 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

They believe that god chooses to save them or take them to heaven. It's one of those "Thy will be done" kind of things.

I could NEVER do what these people did because I believe the lottery ticket parable that someone mentioned ... God gave you the tools to take care of these problems, now use them. Aka, take yourself and your kids to the damn doctor.

But I can see how these kooks arrived at their belief in letting nature/god take its course too... I'm not particularly horrified by what they believe or by the results of their beliefs, but I don't agree with them either.

You ought to be horrified, two innocent children are dead because of that BS.  I find it kind of scary you can follow their logic...

Here's an update on these two irresponsible scum.

http://www.foxnews.c...r-2nd-son-dies/

Apparently the state of PA agrees with me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users