Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thunderbird photo

Murder 101

A long time ago on some TV special i saw this pic of a supposed thunderbird tacked to the back of a farm building. I've been looking for it for a long time just to take another look and see how real it looks now. Anyone else seen it or know where it is?

There was a topic several months ago looking for the same picture. I've never seen it posted anywhere, though I know what you're talking about. Wish I could find it. :/

There was a topic several months ago looking for the same picture. I've never seen it posted anywhere, though I know what you're talking about. Wish I could find it. :/

This photo makes me crazy. I have spent hours searching online and libraries for this stupid picture.

I remember seeing it in a book when I was young (before teh intrawebs) at my grandparents house.

Grrrr...

HN

Its such a good picture, seems like it'd be all over the net by now.

This photo makes me crazy. I have spent hours searching online and libraries for this stupid picture.

I remember seeing it in a book when I was young (before teh intrawebs) at my grandparents house.

Grrrr...

HN

I recall seeing it (I think) in an old book from the local library, though the book was so old and falling apart I doubt they'd still have it.

There's obviously something supernatural about this photo, as it somehow manages to elude every possible person that's searching for it. :lol:

I recall seeing it (I think) in an old book from the local library, though the book was so old and falling apart I doubt they'd still have it.

There's obviously something supernatural about this photo, as it somehow manages to elude every possible person that's searching for it. :lol:

LOL.

I never thought much about the photo until some tv show talked about how it has "mysteriously disappeared" from the world.

It's got to be out there someplace.

HN

There is a story that in April 1890, two cowboys in Arizona killed a giant birdlike creature with an enormous wingspan. It was said to have had smooth skin, featherless wings like a bat and a face that resembled an alligator. This description has some similarity to that of a prehistoric pterodactyl, an animal whose existence was known at the time. They are supposed to have dragged the carcass back to town, where it was pinned with wings outstretched across the entire length of a barn. A picture of this event may have been published in the local newspaper, the Tombstone Epitaph. It should be noted that Cryptozoology.com[2] has an account of this story with the events taking place in the state of Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(cryptozoology)

I wonder if anyone keeps newspapers that long? :lol:

Searching Cryptozoology.com to see if they have anything.

linked-image

This picture is what I often see as an example of the "lost photo".

Not what I remember.

The pic I remember was of a huge bird hanging or nailed to a barn door with a bunch of guys in front of it.

*shrug*

Not one of those silly civil war versions either.

HN

The pic I remember was of a huge bird hanging or nailed to a barn door with a bunch of guys in front of it.

HN

We are def thinking of the same pic

that Illustration is of the exact pic i'm thinking of.

One step closer! :lol:

linked-image

This is the closest I have seen but it's still wrong.

Here is what I remember -

Bird or whatever was nailed to the wall of a barn, not over the door.

More than three men beneath it. I seem to remember 5 - 6 standing in front of the bird.

Not soldiers. Some looked like farmers, couple in suits.

I think the picture was inside the barn but not sure.

Photo was black and white, kind of grainy but still quite clear.

HN

Nevamindz. Works now.

(Nib: Is it like the first link I posted just a minute ago?)

Edited by Ebonykrow

This photo is gonna drive me nuts lol, i know its out there somewhere

Nevamindz. Works now.

(Nib: Is it like the first link I posted just a minute ago?)

YES!!!

Almost exactly. :) Except I don't remember all of them in cowboy hats.

COOL!

HN

That be my baby Argentavis (or Aiolornis?), but not similar to the photo in question. I don't think the bird in the barn was described "as a bird", but more like a reptile, hence the pterosaur references.

YES!!!

Almost exactly. :) Except I don't remember all of them in cowboy hats.

COOL!

HN

WHEE! :3 Now we gotta find the original. ;D

Edited by Ebonykrow

That be my baby Argentavis (or Aiolornis?), but not similar to the photo in question. I don't think the bird in the barn was described "as a bird", but more like a reptile, hence the pterosaur references.

WHEE! :3 Now we gotta find the original. ;D

LOL. I wish I could remember what the caption underneath it said...

HN

ahh,finding the original, that be the hard part