Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Zimmerman verdict

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#331    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostOdds, on 19 July 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Well i certainly have read through the thread, you'd know that if you had because i'm on almost every page. But profiling isn't illegal, but to me seems paranoid. Where i live in this part of Sydney, has a large surfing community and also a large lebanese community, and pretty much all the younger guys wear hoodies, it would be uncommon to not see them. So no, i wouldn't care what side of the street i was walking. If you feel intimidated to walk down the street in your own neighbourhood because someone is wearing a certain style of clothing, i think it's pretty clear where the problem lies, and it's it's not with the person who is wearing a hoodie.

Ok, well continue applying your anecdotes that are associated with a completely different area, with far less people.  As long as you're aware that what you consider 'wrong' isn't against the law, over here, in the U.S., where you don't live.

#332    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 19 July 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Ok, well continue applying your anecdotes that are associated with a completely different area, with far less people. As long as you're aware that what you consider 'wrong' isn't against the law, over here, in the U.S., where you don't live.

You understand you asked me to answer the question of which group i would walk through, right..? And you know i live in a different area, it says so right next to my comments. And you answer with that? I should have expected as much.

And i don't see how having 4.6million in Sydney as opposed to 19million in Florida comes in to play when you are talking about a hoodie..? How you put population into your argument really makes no sense.

And lastly, i agreed and said it wasn't against the law, and i didn't say 'wrong' i said 'paranoid' ;)

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#333    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 19 July 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Ok, well continue applying your anecdotes that are associated with a completely different area, with far less people.  As long as you're aware that what you consider 'wrong' isn't against the law, over here, in the U.S., where you don't live.

Syndney has over twice the population density than Sanford.

#334    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,502 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostThe Unseen, on 19 July 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

No there will not be,Every one thinks the blacks will act foolish and burn down everything in sight. Not going to happen.This is Florida not Compton.

Remember Miami? Let's hope that there's not a sequel. Like you, I doubt that there will be one, which will disappoint the extremists and the media. There probably will be a few sporadic incidents, though.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#335    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,497 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

I think the hoodie was a minor contributor in this case.   Much smaller than Trayvon walking slowly through the rain acting suspiciously.  Smaller than an unrecognizable teen walking through a gated community that has had a rash of robberies.   Again, the media used the hoodie to make this a racist issue.

#336    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostMyles, on 21 July 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

I think the hoodie was a minor contributor in this case.   Much smaller than Trayvon walking slowly through the rain acting suspiciously.  Smaller than an unrecognizable teen walking through a gated community that has had a rash of robberies.   Again, the media used the hoodie to make this a racist issue.

Which only the most clueless sheltered whitest of white boys afraid of their own shadows would think hoodies are a black thing. Must be the root word hood that sets off their race trigger. Everyone I know has a hoodie or several including myself and especially every white girl I know wears them. The media invented this racial stereotype and its completely false. It's just an addition the liberal racist code word list.

Posted Image

#337    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 15 July 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Update: Zimmerman is getting his gun back and plans to carry it according to his lawyer.

Really? Couldn't he use another gun instead of one that already has blood on it?

He can carry all he wants again, his right, but why announce it so cavalierly that the same exact weapon will be used?

Update: Zimmerman is not getting that gun back since it is being held during the Department of Justice's continued investigation of Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman can't get back the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin, but nothing is keeping him from purchasing another gun if he wants, Florida police said today.

Federal and local authorities said plans to return Zimmerman's Kel Tec 9 pistol were put on hold after the Department of Justice announced a new investigation to determine whether Zimmerman violated 17-year-old Martin's civil rights.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=19713692

#338    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostMyles, on 21 July 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Absolutely.

Anyone walking slowly and 'looking at houses', after dark, in the rain would have been regarded as suspicious.  Hoodie, naked, black, white, green...It doesn't matter.  I don't know why people are so hung up on this.

I think I'll give up on this thread, as most of the argument has grown circular.  The facts are pretty plain, the jury agreed, Zimmerman is a free man.

I feel horrible for the Martin family, and truly wish they wouldn't have lost their son, but throwing Zimmerman in jail would not fix that.  Zimmerman acting in self defense doesn't warrant his being convicted.  It's a horrible tragedy, but NOT an injustice.

#339    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Postsupervike, on 21 July 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Absolutely.

Anyone walking slowly and 'looking at houses', after dark, in the rain would have been regarded as suspicious.  Hoodie, naked, black, white, green...It doesn't matter.  I don't know why people are so hung up on this.

I think I'll give up on this thread, as most of the argument has grown circular.  The facts are pretty plain, the jury agreed, Zimmerman is a free man.

I feel horrible for the Martin family, and truly wish they wouldn't have lost their son, but throwing Zimmerman in jail would not fix that.  Zimmerman acting in self defense doesn't warrant his being convicted.  It's a horrible tragedy, but NOT an injustice.

I agree. I'll try too. Let it divulge into a conspiracy thread/pity party for the sour grapes.

Posted Image

#340    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,564 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Federal and local authorities said plans to return Zimmerman's Kel Tec 9 pistol were put on hold after the Department of Justice announced a new investigation to determine whether Zimmerman violated 17-year-old Martin's civil rights.

More like the justice department's violating Zimmie's rights.

#341    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,538 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

http://freedomoutpos...have-in-common/

Posted Image

In 2009, a man was asleep on his couch when he heard noises outside. He grabbed his gun, told his girlfriend to call 911, then went outside. Once there, he confronted three youths who were attempting to break into a neighbor’s vehicle.
His desire was to merely detain the three. He specifically stated it was not his intent to shoot anyone. As he approached the three, he could see that the dome light of the vehicle was on and at least one person was inside rummaging around.

Read more: http://freedomoutpos.../#ixzz2ZtAM18h7

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#342    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,636 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 21 July 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Update: Zimmerman is not getting that gun back since it is being held during the Department of Justice's continued investigation of Zimmerman.

No problem.

Gun Rights Group Collecting Donations To Buy Zimmerman New Gun

http://cleveland.cbs...merman-new-gun/

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#343    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostSakari, on 23 July 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

http://freedomoutpos...have-in-common/

Posted Image

In 2009, a man was asleep on his couch when he heard noises outside. He grabbed his gun, told his girlfriend to call 911, then went outside. Once there, he confronted three youths who were attempting to break into a neighbor’s vehicle.
His desire was to merely detain the three. He specifically stated it was not his intent to shoot anyone. As he approached the three, he could see that the dome light of the vehicle was on and at least one person was inside rummaging around.

Read more: http://freedomoutpos.../#ixzz2ZtAM18h7

Seriously? So we are back to race again?

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#344    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostOdds, on 27 July 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Seriously? So we are back to race again?

The point of that is that this isn't a race specific situation and jury verdicts aren't based on race. I know you're 8,000 miles away but the issue of race has as much to do with this conversation as it doesn't? Confused? Maybe you are but I'd advise you to go back a year and start reading American media archives from the beginning of this case. Don't want to? Fine but if you're lost don't come asking more questions.

Posted Image

#345    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

View PostF3SS, on 27 July 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

The point of that is that this isn't a race specific situation and jury verdicts aren't based on race. I know you're 8,000 miles away but the issue of race has as much to do with this conversation as it doesn't? Confused? Maybe you are but I'd advise you to go back a year and start reading American media archives from the beginning of this case. Don't want to? Fine but if you're lost don't come asking more questions.

It seems to me that the only people making it an issue of race are the black community and news stations such as CNN are guilty of fanning the racial flames.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users