Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can we see aura? Science says yes

Paracelse

une 21, 2011 — For migratory birds and sea turtles, the ability to sense Earth's magnetic field is crucial to navigating the long-distance voyages these animals undertake during migration. Humans, however, are widely assumed not to have an innate magnetic sense. Research published in Nature Communications this week by faculty at the University of Massachusetts Medical School shows that a protein expressed in the human retina can sense magnetic fields when implanted into Drosophila, reopening an area of sensory biology in humans for further exploration.

more here

Perhaps the nay-Sayers who claimed aura was just a load of horse manure can now see that they were blind ;)

Please don't do this typical - "see , we were right about all paranormal hoowacky now, because someone injected human cryptochrome in a fly" -

Nothing is proved:

These simple experiments show that human cryptohrome can act as a magnetic sensor. This doesn’t mean that it does, much less that humans can sense magnetic fields. Plugging human cryptochrome into an alien environment like the body of a fly tells you very little about what it does in its native surroundings.

http://blogs.discove...agnetic-fields/

And why oh why do you feel the need to link this to aura's , please ... One of the beginner tests to get into Scientology is to stare into each others eyes untill you see "an aura" surrounding the other person. That should tell you enough about how silly it is.

Edited by Render
  • Like 1

Please don't do this typical - "see , we were right about all paranormal hoowacky now, because someone injected human cryptochrome in a fly" -

Nothing is proved:

These simple experiments show that human cryptohrome can act as a magnetic sensor. This doesn’t mean that it does, much less that humans can sense magnetic fields. Plugging human cryptochrome into an alien environment like the body of a fly tells you very little about what it does in its native surroundings.

And why oh why do you feel the need to link this to aura's , please ... One of the beginner tests to get into Scientology is to stare into each others eyes untill you see "an aura" surrounding the other person. That should tell you enough about how silly it is.

Some people can sense aura some others can see various colors... how the eye perceives is really personal. I cannot see aura but I can sense it.. And you know what I have been seldom wrong but until today I couldn't really prove that this magnetic field could be perceived.

More here - from an article I posted some time ago.

Despite much controversy, no conclusive evidence exists that humans can sense the Earth's magnetic field, and the find may revive interest in the idea.

http://www.unexplain...th's magnetism

Both articles are dated the same - 21 June 2011. I wonder which study is showing the correct results and if any new findings about this have been discovered since they were published.

Edited by Still Waters

Nothing is proved:

Everything from bacteria to Human Beings utilize minute magnetic deposits within themselves. ( please don't make me look for the study which proved it in humans)

maybe as some birds eyes have evolved for long distance sight is why peeps say you have to look past things to see an aura. when you focus too closely you cant see it. im still not sure about auras but just thought id share my opinion as to suscribe to the idea

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 1

Perhaps the nay-Sayers who claimed aura was just a load of horse manure can now see that they were blind ;)

LMAO. Says the guy who didn't read the article.

So we're all secretly Magneto?

Science is there to explain stuff so it becomes Normal instead of Paranormal.

• 2 months later...

maybe as some birds eyes have evolved for long distance sight is why peeps say you have to look past things to see an aura. when you focus too closely you cant see it. im still not sure about auras but just thought id share my opinion as to suscribe to the idea

Fact of life, when you focus on something, you forget the surrounding.