Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can biological weapon monsters ever exist?

Fatal

You know, like the monsters in the Resident Evil games. Not exactly the zombies, I mean the monster monsters. Like the hunter, and all those type of things. (If you play RE, you should know what a hunter is). Do you think monsters like that can exist someday if created by man?

Ok people. What's with these short, boring one-word answers?

how in depth can you truly go into a topic such as this?

• Like 1

Well I would assume more than just a one-word answer..

nah

• Like 2

Well I would assume more than just a one-word answer..

You come here to discuss video games? Silly.

You come here to discuss video games? Silly.

I wasn't discussing the video game. I was just making a reference to it. There's a difference in that. :)

It is actually not so stupid. Wars become unpopular as casualties mount because they are our fellow citizens and the husbands and sons of our people. That is why so many robotics are being used to replace humans, such as the scout drone planes used in Iraq and Afghanistan now. Similarly, when we become more adept with bio-engineering, the public would be very happy if we modified lower lifeforms into suitable soldiers who will do our dirty work, and no one will mourn their deaths. It is the perfect solution if mankind continues to kill each other in our oldest ritual known as "war"..

And "Bio creature" weapons are certainly not a new idea. If there is any truth to the Bible, and other ancient scriptures around the world, we see a "creator" entity who produced intelligent biological instructors/weapons that were simultaneous known as "gods" and "dragons". The most famous of course, it the fire-spewing dragon known to the Cannanites as Yaw and the Hebrews as Yahweh, the gave early humans both laws and exterminated unworthy humans. We still have records in that most famous book of exactly how it wanted its meals of specific animals and humans prepared in the book of Leviticus. And we know its form, from descriptions of breathing fire, enormous wings, and from the only idol it tolerated its people to worship, a bronze "fiery flying serpent" (aka "dragon").

• Like 1

The world goes crazy when people talk about cloning and fetal cells; there is no way any sort of monster creations would be tolerated.

The world goes crazy when people talk about cloning and fetal cells; there is no way any sort of monster creations would be tolerated.

They would be tolerated if they were considered a necessity to survival or dominance of one nation/race over another.

Yeah i could see this happening, or at least to a degree, animals have been used in warfare for millennia and i think its not unreasonable to assume we will continue to do so. Take the dog for example forever we have been cross breading different breeds with different quality’s to fit roles useful to us, we bread strong dogs with obedient dogs to be guards, we nurtured the smaller more aggressive ones for rabbiting, we used the smarter faster ones to Sheppard livestock.

Now with genetic engineering advancing as fast as it is, i can totally see that it would be possible. Maybe start out with the best intentions, maybe by improving a drug dogs sense of smell, then the muscle capacity/density on an attack dog, then combine the two breeds maybe, with perhaps improved vision. Then start breeding the smarter ones with more aggressive ones For use in a war zones. Over the years after more improvements how long before this animal would be so different from other dogs that its no longer a dog but a Bio weapon or Bio tool or monster as the OP said ?

I'm not saying this WILL happen or i think this is happening, just i didn't think this thread was/is silly or as unrealistic as some of you have dismissed it as.

Edited by Briggles
  • Like 1

They would be tolerated if they were considered a necessity to survival or dominance of one nation/race over another.

I can't think of any situation in which non-monster means wouldn't be far more efficient.

Sure it would if it was not made with human cells. Humans only care about their own kind, just go to the meat department of your grocery store.

I can't think of any situation in which non-monster means wouldn't be far more efficient.

I'm not so sure what your trying to say but if your saying what i think you are. Try to move away from the word 'monster' the OP used this word with reference to resident evil. In resident evil the 'monsters' are bio enhanced animals. right? So now we are calling the monsters animals can you think of a situation where Animals are more efficient than non-animals? Sniffer dogs, in drug and explosive detection there is nothing comes close to the sniffer dog. Now imagine an genetically engineered sniffer dog to have better sense of smell and call it a monster. There you have your more efficient monster means.

Sure it would if it was not made with human cells. Humans only care about their own kind, just go to the meat department of your grocery store.

I agree with DC, you can't mess with human cells people go nuts but we have already cloned a sheep, they didn't do that rubbing to sticks together and the world didn't take it so bad.

Edited by Briggles

it could definitely be possible but not with our current technologies...............first they would start by combining genetic materials with different animals until you get a hideous killing machine.............sometimes i wonder if the government have already managed to create such beasts but have kept it in complete secrecy

I think that there is a chance it might be possible I don't see the point in trying it though.

It's fun killing zombies...

Where are you guys live these days? We have this animal already! A biological weapon monster was already here from years ago!

Remember the Ebola, AIDS, Avian Influenza, Killer Bees...where have you been?

Oh, I know, you guys just wanna say "Naahhh...I wasn't talking about that! I was talking about a huge @$$ monster that goes on a killing spree and burn down cities!" Man, if you're into that, satisfy yourself with some Kaijuu movie.

But seriously, what I've said is true, imagine if we can't control the Ebola. Heck, if you'e even wondering what can I do with killer bees, throw one small hive into your neighbour's house, you'll be famous in no time and probably even going for a death row. But believe me, don't even try that! I won't even be responsible about what I said!

how in depth can you truly go into a topic such as this?

I myself could write PAGES on the topic if I were so inclined! Come-on, this is completely plausible! Look at the movie "28 Days" and "28 Days Later" ... this could EASILY really happen! Whether one chooses to believe or not, world governments have microbiologists and such working on stuff like this all the time. Who knows what nasty germs and virus's these people have created? Creating a virus, germ or chemical compound that could transform animals or people into psychotic killing machines really isn't far-fetched at all. I know a woman (Microbiologist) who worked in a government lab and she once told me that they were toying with mixing snake venom with a neutral trans-dermal compound. She said you could brush the mixture on a doorknob and anyone who touched that knob would subsequently die of a snake bite with no actual bite. Scary, huh?

I know a woman (Microbiologist) who worked in a government lab and she once told me that they were toying with mixing snake venom with a neutral trans-dermal compound. She said you could brush the mixture on a doorknob and anyone who touched that knob would subsequently die of a snake bite with no actual bite. Scary, huh?

The Soviet Bloc (Bulgarians, I believe) assassinated a defector by spraying him with the product DMSO mixed with tincture of nicotine. DMSO is that transdermal compound transferral agent that simply melts into the skin. It was used as a horse liniment. The nicotine caused a heart attack kind of reaction.

I laughed for like five minutes after reading that. Brilliant :tu:

Reminds me of Chrono Trigger, where lavos is the biological intergalactic weapon... I guess... oh wait, I think it's xenogears, where Deus is the biological monster weapon