Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Investigation of Ohio’s Squires Castle

x o i s k

Yesterday I was personally invited to join a friend’s family at the infamous Squires Castle of Ohio. I was readily excited to join them, I picked up my digital camera and tape recorder. All together to group consisted off Mike, Elisa, and I…The first area we investigated were the trails which supposedly lead to the unfinished larger castle we didn’t find a single thing except a maze like system which added mass confusion, Sometimes leading us to closed trails…

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

After we moved out of the wooded area we returned to the castle itself, I took a few far away shots of the entrances to the castle. I got one which looks like a white horse, or a medieval bride in others opinion. The legend does concern a woman who hanged herself in the early 1900’s…

user posted image

We entered the castle itself and got this puzzling image of a young boy, or soldier walking in front of the camera, note that the group was completely behind me. Legend says that kids have died falling from the second floor when it was still intact.

user posted image

These are just some pictures of the beautiful castle itself, if you can find anything out of it please state it…

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I’m ready for people to start bashing me about Photoshop or something, just do it respectfully please! And please keep an open mind about these things…

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• x o i s k

• distortedpandy

• Dr1273

• Hoagy

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they're real, and theres no reason for it not to. But who's the woman is a wedding dress? Is that supposed to be a......figment or something or is it just a person?

Nice pics. As for the kid in front of you, though, I'm confuzzled...he's wearing modern clothes, but I can't figure why you would take a pic of him if he would have been there....(ponders) Oh well. The other one, the horse/person thing, it seems to have a kind of glow. Interesting.

I believe they're real, and theres no reason for it not to. But who's the woman is a wedding dress? Is that supposed to be a......figment or something or is it just a person?

686616[/snapback]

I have no idea what that women is, was never there when I took the picture…

And I don’t even want to find out about that kid in modern clothes, all I know is that he’s transparent and rays of light are traveling through him…

MORE INFO ABOUT THE CASTLE! Edited by xoisk

Geez, whoever made the website really didnt want to beleive in ghosts.

yea but it still has some info about the place...

WOW! I love those pics!!! The one with the horse/girl I see a woman wearing an old nightgown. Great pics!! yes.gif

The pictures are deffinetly interesting.

The woman in dress and the boy are nice. Boy dosen't seem to wear old clothes though so it's kinda confusing but the blur is too weird to simply be a walking kid that you snapped.

Where in Ohio is this place? I'd love to go there. Those pictures are great!

Where in Ohio is this place? I'd love to go there. Those pictures are great!

686703[/snapback]

It is located on the North Chagrin Reservation at 3037 SOM Center Road in Mayfield Village. More information can be obtained by calling (216) 473-3370.

Thanks! I'll have to look more into this. I have somebody near there that could probably take me.

yea it's an awesome place

The pictures are deffinetly interesting.

The woman in dress and the boy are nice. Boy dosen't seem to wear old clothes though so it's kinda confusing but the blur is too weird to simply be a walking kid that you snapped.

686694[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. geek.gif

Sorry but I see only a lady in a white dress passing behind a tree. I can't find any "boy" in any kind of dress, old or new. But what is that on the left-hand edge of the picture with the lady in the white dress? And I don't see any horse, either. The only "boy" I can see is a blurred image of one of the photographer's party passing in front of a window. This kind of castle, in England, would be called a "Folly"I believe. Nice pictures though. From the photos, I get the feeling that if the place is haunted it is not by anything evil. Lonecat thumbsup.gif

This place is actually quite close to me and I have attended more than a couple weddings there. It's actually a wedding hot spot. I don't believe you psp'ed anything, but as far as your "bride" picture, that was more than likey, a person.

Just my opinion thumbsup.gif

This place is actually quite close to me and I have attended more than a couple weddings there. It's actually a wedding hot spot. I don't believe you psp'ed anything, but as far as your "bride" picture, that was more than likey, a person.

Just my opinion  thumbsup.gif

687720[/snapback]

wedding hotspot eh?????? wub.gif

since when do bridges at weddings glow? there was only like 6 people in the park

since when do bridges at weddings glow? there was only like 6 people in the park

688033[/snapback]

Hmmm.......since when does the *sunlight* make things seem to glow? Dunno!! It's the sun dear and it was said that the place was a hotspot for weddings.She' is blurry, yes, but so is everything else in that pic. In reference to the pic of a *soldier boy*...why does that soldier boy have a t-shirt on?

688033[/snapback]

Hmmm.......since when does the *sunlight* make things seem to glow? Dunno!! It's the sun dear and it was said that the place was a hotspot for weddings.She' is blurry, yes, but so is everything else in that pic. In reference to the pic of a *soldier boy*...why does that soldier boy have a t-shirt on?

688053[/snapback]

Now people start bashing me haha…I’m ready though!

You can tell that from all the trees in the things path it would block sunlight from making a full glow in it’s purpose, but more looks like it’s making a glow from self production. It kind of reminds me of photosynthesis with plants, except it’s using light. As far as the solider boy I can’t even tell it’s a shirt, still looks as a uniform to me. And since when are people TRANSPARENT and LIGHT travels through their whole body. Maybe you should of studied the photograph instead of vulgarly following someone else opinion. And some said something about what’s on the left side of the picture, I think it was actually someone’s Harley parked up there. I’m sure it was this Goth kids due to the leather jacket he had on. Anymore questions?

And all of a sudden humans must be completely disfigured in everyway possible to your theories, no wedding was being held on this day just for your satisfaction.

686616[/snapback]

i believe to the far left of that picture, there is someone/thing also wearing white like this is a wedding reception.

it's hard to tell due to all the blurs, and my memory can't recall anything

Now people start bashing me haha…I’m ready though!

You can tell that from all the trees in the things path it would block sunlight from making a full glow in it’s purpose, but more looks like it’s making a glow from self production. It kind of reminds me of photosynthesis with plants, except it’s using light. As far as the solider boy I can’t even tell it’s a shirt, still looks as a uniform to me. And since when are people TRANSPARENT and LIGHT travels through their whole body. Maybe you should of studied the photograph instead of vulgarly following someone else opinion. And some said something about what’s on the left side of the picture, I think it was actually someone’s Harley parked up there. I’m sure it was this Goth kids due to the leather jacket he had on. Anymore questions?

688155[/snapback]

Bashing you , no, you , young sir asked for our opinions and we gave it. Self glow? Not, a white dress amongst an area full of green trees will seem to glow. There's nothing ghostly about that pic. As for the fact that the boy was transparent, do an experiment and have someone take a snap of you walking past a window without putting it on sports setting and see how transparent your image becomes. The only vulgar things in this thread was you stating that I was following someone elses opinion and assuming I did not one of my own. As if I didn't have a brain. If you didn't want to hear the opinions of others don't ask!!!!!!