Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Does anyone know what this medallion is?

freemasonry skull templar

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,562 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 13 October 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

I couldn't link to your site, why do you think a slanted cross is creepy, any reason in particular?

My link was only to some Kinight's Templar badges.  Nah.. no proper reason, I had a dream I was blind and being chased by serpents once.  I survived and my sight was restored and one of the first things I saw was a cross being carried past me, slanted behind three lights.  Weird, I know... just a disturbing dream that has stuck with me.  :)

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

I dont know what it is but somehow reminds me on WW1 medallions.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#18    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

View Postthe L, on 13 October 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

I dont know what it is but somehow reminds me on WW1 medallions.

Grand dad was in World War II nobody in WWI . I asked my dad when he was living and he said that it belonged to one of his dad's great fathers and that's all he knew.

#19    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,131 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 13 October 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

That may be the biggest clue for me to look into.  I had one great great grandfather on my dad's side that was a Freemason who served under George Washington in the revolution. He's the first  grandfather on that side that I know was a Mason. What Rite was Washington?

It was called the Alexandria Lodge #22, but initially he joined the Lodge in Fredricksburg. There were strong connections to the York Lodge, as far as I can reconstruct, but I can't find a connection to Emmerton Court.

As far as the Masonic Knights, they are not to be confused with prior organizations as the Templar or later organizations as the Masonic Knight Templar or even more recent creations such as the Masonic Knights. Initially it was a subchapter for the military. I don't think it exists anymore.

And if I keep this on they are going to make a big juju ceremony for divulging their (not so secret) secrets) :devil:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#20    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hmm Interesting aspects of masons and royal lineage. ?  :unsure2:

#21    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,562 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Take it your local Masonic Hall on a meeting night and ask the Secretary if he and his brethren can identify the Lodge/Chapter?  (They won't bite)  It could have been made for a specific person.  Honorary Member of different Lodges?

Edit cos I forgot how to spell honorary.  Grr.

Edited by Eldorado, 14 October 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#22    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 14 October 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Hmm Interesting aspects of masons and royal lineage. ?  :unsure2:

Most royalty practiced within different Rites

#23    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 14 October 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

It was called the Alexandria Lodge #22, but initially he joined the Lodge in Fredricksburg. There were strong connections to the York Lodge, as far as I can reconstruct, but I can't find a connection to Emmerton Court.

As far as the Masonic Knights, they are not to be confused with prior organizations as the Templar or later organizations as the Masonic Knight Templar or even more recent creations such as the Masonic Knights. Initially it was a subchapter for the military. I don't think it exists anymore.

And if I keep this on they are going to make a big juju ceremony for divulging their (not so secret) secrets) :devil:

After the revolution and when they were building Washington DC I see that many Rites gathered together to build the new country etc.  I was thinking since this crossed Rites it must have been from that time era  some kind of special badge  for some service maybe? I haven't found any one in the Freemasonry that knows its origination within any current order, its too old.

Templars & Knights always confused me since there are so many different subchapters throughout the ages and even the Orders today.

But I really doubt any of them are going to do a juju ceremony!  I wouldn't have posted if I thought it was letting out a real secret about something. Those tales were mostly from the days of serious life and death situations, persecution and the survivival of the Orders. I'd like to think we're in better times although when I read some of the Mason conspiracy crap posted I have my doubts. I guess and there are some orders on the dark side claming to be what they are not! History could start to repeat itself with the witch hunts if the conspiracy guys and these nuts get there way :(

#24    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,131 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 14 October 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

After the revolution and when they were building Washington DC I see that many Rites gathered together to build the new country etc.  I was thinking since this crossed Rites it must have been from that time era  some kind of special badge  for some service maybe? I haven't found any one in the Freemasonry that knows its origination within any current order, its too old.

Templars & Knights always confused me since there are so many different subchapters throughout the ages and even the Orders today.

But I really doubt any of them are going to do a juju ceremony!  I wouldn't have posted if I thought it was letting out a real secret about something. Those tales were mostly from the days of serious life and death situations, persecution and the survivival of the Orders. I'd like to think we're in better times although when I read some of the Mason conspiracy crap posted I have my doubts. I guess and there are some orders on the dark side claming to be what they are not! History could start to repeat itself with the witch hunts if the conspiracy guys and these nuts get there way :(

'twas supposed to be a joke.

But as to confusions, neither the Templar nor anything before the 16th century had ever anything to do with Freemasons. Yes there are legends about ancient Egypt, a believe owed to a certain quack called Guiseppe Balsamo (better known as Alessandro Comte de Calgiostro) and his Paris "loggia", but that has nothing to do with reality.

The Templar were but one of many Monk orders created to protect and help pilgrims on their way to Jerusalem, but to the contrary of others got a little too mighty, which attracted the King of France to conspire against them. His aim was to get their money. He did not get it, most ended up in Portugal and was invested in making the Portuguese the mightiest seafaring nation in the world (at least for some time). And precisely this disappearance of the cash  is what created the legends.

The Freemasons were mostly a political organization, and therefore persecuted in all but liberal minded countries.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#25    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 14 October 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

'twas supposed to be a joke.

But as to confusions, neither the Templar nor anything before the 16th century had ever anything to do with Freemasons. Yes there are legends about ancient Egypt, a believe owed to a certain quack called Guiseppe Balsamo (better known as Alessandro Comte de Calgiostro) and his Paris "loggia", but that has nothing to do with reality.

The Templar were but one of many Monk orders created to protect and help pilgrims on their way to Jerusalem, but to the contrary of others got a little too mighty, which attracted the King of France to conspire against them. His aim was to get their money. He did not get it, most ended up in Portugal and was invested in making the Portuguese the mightiest seafaring nation in the world (at least for some time). And precisely this disappearance of the cash  is what created the legends.

The Freemasons were mostly a political organization, and therefore persecuted in all but liberal minded countries.

Glad to hear you were joking :)

It's still hard for me to fathom all the history! It's overwhelming when you start linking conventional history and add the traditional history that comes down through the modern orders of Rosicrucians and Masons. France had Rosicrucians and the Knights and later Freemasonry was created with  different orders and Rites. Some ventured to Scotland becoming Scottish Rite then venturing to the US. Some were York and the RAM.  Freemasons were always bound to be political because the main ideal to better each man spiritually with God and create a government with tolerance and bring charity and freedom for humankind beyond the religious and political powers that be.  It seems to me many Rites are more social and charity today until you become part of an Order within the other Rites. It becomes very perplexing, who's who now days if you know what I mean.

#26    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,131 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 14 October 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Glad to hear you were joking :)

It's still hard for me to fathom all the history! It's overwhelming when you start linking conventional history and add the traditional history that comes down through the modern orders of Rosicrucians and Masons. France had Rosicrucians and the Knights and later Freemasonry was created with  different orders and Rites. Some ventured to Scotland becoming Scottish Rite then venturing to the US. Some were York and the RAM.  Freemasons were always bound to be political because the main ideal to better each man spiritually with God and create a government with tolerance and bring charity and freedom for humankind beyond the religious and political powers that be.  It seems to me many Rites are more social and charity today until you become part of an Order within the other Rites. It becomes very perplexing, who's who now days if you know what I mean.

It is not so perplexing. Just take a look at any religion: sooner or later they will have a fight about an interpretation and create a new "rite". "Secret" societies, philosophical circles and esoterical groups are no different.

about me

#27    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,379 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

thank you, fellas, for the good reading.
I searched all my books on symbolism regarding this pendent, dug them out from the depths of the hap-hazard personal library. I certainly learned a lot by reading you all, and my books. But none of it really addressed your question.

Good luck.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#28    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 14 October 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

thank you, fellas, for the good reading.
I searched all my books on symbolism regarding this pendent, dug them out from the depths of the hap-hazard personal library. I certainly learned a lot by reading you all, and my books. But none of it really addressed your question.

Good luck.

Thanks for the effort! I was hoping some old past Master would say I know what that is but didn't happen yet.  It's just another mysterious piece of family history to be discovered some day probably from some lodge in Virginia in the 1700's.

#29    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,562 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 14 October 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Thanks for the effort! I was hoping some old past Master would say I know what that is but didn't happen yet.  It's just another mysterious piece of family history to be discovered some day probably from some lodge in Virginia in the 1700's.

You seen this website?
http://www.phoenixma..._in_america.htm

It may help you decode the symbolism.

#30    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostEldorado, on 14 October 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

You seen this website?
http://www.phoenixma..._in_america.htm

It may help you decode the symbolism.
Thanks it's just the kind of site I was looking for!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users