Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen

Uncle Sam

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says gun-control advocates have to do a little more listening than they do sometimes in the debate over firearms in America.

In an interview with The New Republic, Obama says he has "a profound respect" for the tradition of hunting that dates back for generations.

"And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake. Part of being able to move this forward is understanding the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas," he says.

Obama has called for a ban on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines and is pushing other policies following the mass shooting last month at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. In response, gun-rights advocates have accused Obama and others of ignoring the Second Amendment rights of Americans.

The president says it's understandable that people are protective of their family traditions when it comes to hunting.

Continue...

Is he kidding, he thinks guns is only for hunting? Hasn't he even read the constitution? Can he be that stupid? So we can't have guns, but he can have guns to go skeet shooting? How dumb does he think we are?

The right to be bear arms is in the constitution, the document that founded our nation, it is the very foundation of our rights. The 2nd Amendment basically says, we have the right to throw out a government that decides infringe upon our rights and doesn't uphold the constitution. It is the final solution that allows us to protect ourselves from a corrupt government. This is not limited to rural areas, it extends to urban areas where crime rates are much higher and require individuals to protect themselves from criminals who infringe upon their rights. It also an very important balance against the government, to prevent tyrants from deciding that they own us. Nobody owns us, we own ourselves and we shall protect ourselves.

Gun Control Advocates better take head, you are marching us into an very dangerous position. This is neither a family tradition or annual hunting trips, this is for our own protection against foreign or domestic threats, that includes mister Barry Obama who is fighting hard to remove guns from our households. That puts us in a very dangerous position where criminals can have their way, the government has no fear of us if they want to remove our rights. They are not afraid of protesters outside their houses, they ARE afraid of millions of Americans who have guns and are willing to use them to protect the constitution, the very document that founded our nation. If you think giving up guns will make you safer, you are sorely mistaken, you are basically giving a go-ahead for the government to take away more of our rights. That includes the other rights and liberties you hold dear.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

You said, "The 2nd Amendment basically says, we have the right to throw out a government that decides our rights are worth nothing and takes them away."

That's a fairly broad (i.e. nonsensical) interpretation.

• Like 1

You said, "The 2nd Amendment basically says, we have the right to throw out a government that decides our rights are worth nothing and takes them away."

That's a fairly broad (i.e. nonsensical) interpretation.

Basically I am saying the government infringes upon our rights and doesn't uphold the constitution.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

throw out the 2nd amendment, throw out the first.

If you throw out the second amendment, you are basically putting up no resistance to them at all, which will mount to them taking more of our freedoms away.

Edited by Uncle Sam

If you throw out the second amendment, you are basically putting up no resistance to them at all, which will mount to them taking more of our freedoms away.

my point my friend

• Like 1

my point my friend

I was just making it easier to understand.

• Like 1

Actually Uncle Sam is correct regarding the 2nd Amendment and the Supreme Court still upholds that interpretation. It has been supported by the Declaration of Independence as well which is an even more important document then the Constitution on this particular topic as it spells out what greivances constitute Tyranical.

Its in paragraph 2 (the quote Uncle Sam made) for those that have never read the first document printed in America

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html

• Like 1

I was just making it easier to understand.

thx bro, im drunk as a skunk as of now i need all the help i can get lol

• Like 1

Basically I am saying the government infringes upon our rights and doesn't uphold the constitution.

I'm not an expert, but the 2nd ammendmant refers to 'a well organized militia'.

If I'm wrong, please educate. Where is the organized militia?

Actually Uncle Sam is correct regarding the 2nd Amendment and the Supreme Court still upholds that interpretation. It has been supported by the Declaration of Independence as well which is an even more important document then the Constitution on this particular topic as it spells out what greivances constitute Tyranical.

Its in paragraph 2 (the quote Uncle Sam made) for those that have never read the first document printed in America

http://www.archives....transcript.html

You are correct. We must remain ever vigilant as patriots, to protect our constitution and our inalienable rights from these politicians.

I'm not an expert, but the 2nd ammendmant refers to 'a well organized militia'.

Militia is the National Reserves and other militias created by the citizens. It is the counter-balance to the governments forces, which means we have a standing army in-case we need to overthrow our government.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

thx bro, im drunk as a skunk as of now i need all the help i can get lol

Your welcome Cry.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Hardy, p. 1237. "Early Americans wrote of the right in light of three considerations: (1) as auxiliary to a natural right of self-defense; (2) as enabling an armed people to deter undemocratic government; and (3) as enabling the people to organize a militia system."

Malcolm, "That Every Man Be Armed," pp. 452, 466. "The Second Amendment reflects traditional English attitudes toward these three distinct, but intertwined, issues: the right of the individual to protect his life, the challenge to government of an armed citizenry, and the preference for a militia over a standing army. The framers' attempt to address all three in a single declarative sentence has contributed mightily to the subsequent confusion over the proper interpretation of the Second Amendment."

Merkel and Uviller, pp. 62, 179 ff, 183, 188 ff, 306. "[T]he right to bear arms was articulated as a civic right inextricably linked to the civic obligation to bear arms for the public defense."

• Like 4

Hardy, p. 1237. "Early Americans wrote of the right in light of three considerations: (1) as auxiliary to a natural right of self-defense; (2) as enabling an armed people to deter undemocratic government; and (3) as enabling the people to organize a militia system."

Malcolm, "That Every Man Be Armed," pp. 452, 466. "The Second Amendment reflects traditional English attitudes toward these three distinct, but intertwined, issues: the right of the individual to protect his life, the challenge to government of an armed citizenry, and the preference for a militia over a standing army. The framers' attempt to address all three in a single declarative sentence has contributed mightily to the subsequent confusion over the proper interpretation of the Second Amendment."

Merkel and Uviller, pp. 62, 179 ff, 183, 188 ff, 306. "[T]he right to bear arms was articulated as a civic right inextricably linked to the civic obligation to bear arms for the public defense."

You are exactly right on that subject. It's nice to see people who have an understanding what the 2nd Amendment means.

throw out the 2nd amendment, throw out the first.

That was meant facetiously, I suppose?

Might as well throw out the 13th.

As long as I am alive, no one shall deny me my right and my precious constitution. Even if they outlaw it, I will create a militia and central government to enshrine it. Till my last dying breath, I will protect it with my life. I only got one question for my fellow Americans, are you with me on this?

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3

Well that would be just silly to discuss on an open forum board. But I digress. Its everywhere and anywhere. As evidenced by the number of gun owning families in America.

In no time except the Civil War and not since did we as Americans believe we would have to defend the Constitution by force. Nor overthrow our Govmnt. But the ball is quickly rolling downhill for many..

Edited by AsteroidX

No thats a very real reason why the 2nd Amendment is necessary to preserve.

Well that would be just silly to discuss on an open forum board. But I digress. Its everywhere and anywhere. As evidenced by the number of gun owning families in America.

In no time except the Civil War and not since did we as Americans believe we would have to defend the Constitution by force. Nor overthrow our Govmnt. But the ball is quickly rolling downhill for many..

It is growing evidence we might have to resort to force to protect our constitution that founded this nation, distorted by the politicians that are suppose to protect it, by the schools who suppose to teach it, and the media who are suppose to report abuses to it. Never before have we as Americans are facing a grave danger from our very own government that is infringe upon our rights without little to no resistance.

• Like 2

BUT, not against your own government? That's usually called treason at worst, or insurrection at best.

I'm not a constitutional expert, but people in the US believe that armed revolution is a right that was written into the constitution? Really?

You are exactly right on that subject. It's nice to see people who have an understanding what the 2nd Amendment means.

It's this part I'm surprised no one understands:

'A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'

Does everyone in Washington need to go back to elementary school to have vocubaulary explained to them again? (The answer is: yes)

Americans are being ****ed in the ass.... by the same GOV that sends its children to war.... it's a joke.

• Like 1

As something of a half-assed Buddhist, I think having a gun around is terrible for your karma. You are just inviting all sorts of bad things to happen.

Anyone who has a suicidal impulse is far more likely to succeed. A fight is far more likely to turn deadly. No matter how careful one is a moment of inattention and children may play with it. If a thief finds it, especially if you hold it on him, he will take it from you and kill you. I'm just getting started; I can't believe how stupid Americans are about guns and their ridiculous myth that gun possession is freedom.

It is growing evidence we might have to resort to force to protect our constitution that founded this nation, distorted by the politicians that are suppose to protect it, by the schools who suppose to teach it, and the media who are suppose to report abuses to it. Never before have we as Americans are facing a grave danger from our very own government that is infringe upon our rights without little to no resistance.

I agree and the folks I talk with are there as well.

The Liberals still think they can change things over time . Even they see the need for the change however.

The Hacker community has already declared open war on the Government for its abuses.

So yeah were not far