Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Why Do Great Nations Fall?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61    Pssst

Pssst

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

This video sums up how I feel about this topic, because it makes the most logical sense:

Summarized, every civilization collapses the same way:  "They fail because of their success.  New generations are born into a level of high prosperity which makes them (or give them the ability) to be lazy and breeds sense of entitlement.  In the prosperous society people work hard and the quality of life improves, everyday things get better rapidly.  Then what happens is the propsperity curve becomes asymptotic.  Things get better by smaller and smaller proportions.  This new generation is not used to the working hard mentality, so they lack the perspective of their forefathers and ingratitude sets in."  (hate for capitalizm, income inequality, etc.)

I look at that video and see a striking similarity to this: http://tvblogs.natio...-egypt-decline/

I really hope those who care about the fall of our economy take this history in consideration.  I find it nearly identitcal, and if so it only means things will get worse.

Edited by Pssst, 28 January 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#62    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

to the above posted video...very true. :yes:

#63    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Nonexistant

• 3,606 posts

• Love me or leave me.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Nations are like people. None live forever.

#64    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostPssst, on 28 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

This video sums up how I feel about this topic, because it makes the most logical sense:

Summarized, every civilization collapses the same way:  "They fail because of their success.  New generations are born into a level of high prosperity which makes them (or give them the ability) to be lazy and breeds sense of entitlement.  In the prosperous society people work hard and the quality of life improves, everyday things get better rapidly.  Then what happens is the propsperity curve becomes asymptotic.  Things get better by smaller and smaller proportions.  This new generation is not used to the working hard mentality, so they lack the perspective of their forefathers and ingratitude sets in."  (hate for capitalizm, income inequality, etc.)

I look at that video and see a striking similarity to this: http://tvblogs.natio...-egypt-decline/

I really hope those who care about the fall of our economy take this history in consideration.  I find it nearly identitcal, and if so it only means things will get worse.

Actually this is very old theory.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#65    Pssst

Pssst

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

View Postthe L, on 03 February 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Actually this is very old theory.

Do you find it to be true?  Why or why not?  :)

#66    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostPssst, on 04 February 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

Do you find it to be true?  Why or why not?  :)

My earlier posts 17 and 38 indicates that I found it true.
Yes. Social alienation from the core of society is main reason of collapse of any civilization. Followed by others reason. Its allways a combination of reasons. But I found social turmoil,greed and luxury as one pattern in all collapses.
Beside I adore philosopher/historian who first grasp that idea.

Btw, welcome to UM.
You are now ofically thrid crow/raven. Few more and you will have a flock. See member Abramelin and member who posted after you in this thread.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#67    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Well America is starting to fall.in 25 years from now America will be like a thrid world country

#68    UncleRemus

UncleRemus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

The acceptance of homosexuality is one sign of decline throughout history.

#69    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostUncleRemus, on 07 February 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

The acceptance of homosexuality is one sign of decline throughout history.

Could you developed that? Give me examples?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users