Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Joe Blow likes to deer hunt, threatens wife

new york cuomo gun law sandy hook

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 January 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I don't have tiny voices or imaginary friends.
than it's even worst, if inamate objects make it more tempting for you to hurt someone, than you have a lot bigger  problem. thanks god you don't live in usa, we have enough of ours.

Edited by aztek, 16 January 2013 - 06:27 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#17    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,854 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postaztek, on 16 January 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

i'd like to see the source, cuz i'm sure now, antigunners will make up planty of fake or partaly fake (best way to hide a lie is between two thruths) horror stories to keep attention on them.
i'm not saying it is imposible that this is true, but i've seen plenty of their lies by now.

Probably not, but anti - gun folk tend to use correct English to make themselves understood. Let's look at NRA Lies shall we?

#18    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Probably not, but anti - gun folk tend to use correct English to make themselves understood. Let's look at NRA Lies shall we?
and your point is???? oh none,

Edited by Sky Scanner, 16 January 2013 - 07:47 PM.
Removed insult

RESIDENT TROLL.

#19    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,546 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

A reminder to not try and circumnavigate the profanity filter please.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#20    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

As soon as a government can tell the people who can and who can't get a gun by loopholes such as this, it's bad. As soon as they can target dissidents who don't agree with what their doings, such as implementing an executive order and bypassing Congress - while New York altered their gun laws; making many legal gun owners felons when they woke up the following day, they'll start labeling people who don't agree with their ideology as mentally ill.

Soon being patriotic will be deemed mentally ill. After that, people will think you're a terrorist for talking about the dastardly Constitution and that evil Bill of Rights - or those terrorist founding fathers who terrorized the British. The paranoia has already spread through stereotypical political cartoons that patronize gun owners through a man who looks similar to Alex Jones; because of his confrontation with Piers Morgan, no doubt. People will be led to think that owning guns is an evil thing; Eric Holder will have his dream come true of brainwashing the American public about guns.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#21    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,193 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Again, lets look back at the Cafe Racer mass murder in Seattle just a few short months ago. He killed 5 people and himself.

His family had been BEGGING to have his legal registered firearms removed. He'd been arrested in the past but never charged in several domestic cases (or in one case reduced to a misdemenor) ... his family stated they were not surprised he shot up a coffee shop, they knew it was just a matter of time. They did everything they could under the law to no avail. He was also in and out of psychiactric care most of adult life, he was medicated... somtimes.

Sure would have been nice if his familiy had been able to be successful in their endeavors wouldn't it have been? .

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#22    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,055 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

View Postaztek, on 16 January 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

if you think guns are tempting, and make you more likely to kill someone, may be it isn't gun, but YOU, may be YOU should not be allowed top touch one. god forbid a tiny voice in the gun will jump into your head, and make you kill someone.
Just think, you could've used that money on guns to get an education and would've understood what he said.

#23    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 17 January 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Again, lets look back at the Cafe Racer mass murder in Seattle just a few short months ago. He killed 5 people and himself.

His family had been BEGGING to have his legal registered firearms removed. He'd been arrested in the past but never charged in several domestic cases (or in one case reduced to a misdemenor) ... his family stated they were not surprised he shot up a coffee shop, they knew it was just a matter of time. They did everything they could under the law to no avail. He was also in and out of psychiactric care most of adult life, he was medicated... somtimes.

Sure would have been nice if his familiy had been able to be successful in their endeavors wouldn't it have been? .

It would also be nice for the families of the people that kill themselves and don't take anyone with them, but that doesn't happen either.

#24    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,306 posts

• ראה

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 16 January 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

RAPTOR, I think you used a poor example to get your point across. I'm pretty sure I see what you were aiming for but you missed your target a bit. Joe Blow doesn't sound like a man I would want to own a gun at all, and I'm all for our 2nd ammendment rights.
The example I chose was to distinguish a seemingly obvious threat, from the hidden threat we are facing.

Joe Blow is unlikely to kill anybody using a gun, and I believe any FBI profiler will back me up on this. His weapon of choice against another human being is his fist. He uses a gun to kill animals.

I'm not worried that Joe Blow will walk into a school, or hijack a school bus. I'm also not worried that he'll kill his coworkers if he gets fired from a job, because I know he doesn't fit the profile we are looking for.

The entity we are looking for is afraid to live, and he kills out of jealousy. Take the odd kid that is bullied in school. He's mad, and he hates, but what drives him over the edge is his jealousy of those who aren't afraid to live.

Rather than enacting more laws that will have little effect on what is now emerging, we need to have a serious national discussion on mental health advocacy for the specific profile we are looking for, because most of these individuals won't be visible to mental health professionals.

If I were designing the psychological test to own a gun, I would include a section that reveals a unique fear to live. WE can help those who are afraid to live, and turn a lot of those rats into pussycats.

Those who choose violence as a pastime are obvious to everyone.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 17 January 2013 - 05:02 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#25    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,193 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Are you SURE Joe Blow isn't going to get drunk and start firing at people? I think I know Joe Blow... I worked with him. He is a raging alcoholic with serious anger issues. He got really drunk one afternoon and in his stupor he got increasingly angry at some kids floating down the river on a hot summer afternoon laughing and having a good time. He picked up his shotgun and fired out into the river from his deck ... repeatedly. Luckily NO one was injured. Joe Blow went to jail, lost his house and nearly lost his job too. No one ever thought Joe Blow would be capable of that. But there it was. The Joe Blow I know never lifted a hand to his wife or anyone else prior to that.

I'm pretty sure I don't want your Joe Blow who DOES beat his wife and who drinks to have a gun. I think I want his psychiatrist to call the cops and have his guns removed until he can show he's got his anger issues and drinking problem under control.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#26    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

never mind

Edited by Michelle, 17 January 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#27    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,055 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 17 January 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

The example I chose was to distinguish a seemingly obvious threat, from the hidden threat we are facing.

Joe Blow is unlikely to kill anybody using a gun, and I believe any FBI profiler will back me up on this. His weapon of choice against another human being is his fist. He uses a gun to kill animals.

I'm not worried that Joe Blow will walk into a school, or hijack a school bus. I'm also not worried that he'll kill his coworkers if he gets fired from a job, because I know he doesn't fit the profile we are looking for.
I think Joe Blow is now trying to excuse his behavior.

#28    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Oh the pity of this Clown in office,Now it will be the Lawfull gun owner that has to live in fear that the crimminal is going to be the only one who is not punished and will run ramped ,Why doesnt  the stupid people  see that every time they pass a gun law that it only affects the lawfull gun owners while the crimminals get away with not doing what has been asked,Im sick and tired of paying the price for what other idiots do,I guess it is true ,like I always said before and now it's true,I am now an Outlaw,not because of my justice,not because of my love for this country,but because I AM A LAWFULL GUN OWNER who Is being Punished for the crimes of CRIMMINALS and the STUPID IDIOT ANTIGUN JERKS Who cant keep their  boogered noses out of my nose space, Thanks you Jerks I can Truley say you suck ,You are now Communist in my book.   From now on when anyone needs help when a crimminal is attacking you and breaking your childrens necks and rape your wives and steals your hard earned possesion,kicks your dog or just plain robs you,dont call me for help Ill just sit and watch because my guns are outlawed and I dont want to go to jail trying to save you with my gun, This is not ment for the people on this site.. except you few,you know who you are,Jerks hope hell breaks in your home,Have fun telling that Perp who's killing you and yours to hold on while you call the police.

#29    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,099 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 17 January 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

The entity we are looking for is afraid to live, and he kills out of jealousy. Take the odd kid that is bullied in school. He's mad, and he hates, but what drives him over the edge is his jealousy of those who aren't afraid to live.

Rather than enacting more laws that will have little effect on what is now emerging, we need to have a serious national discussion on mental health advocacy for the specific profile we are looking for, because most of these individuals won't be visible to mental health professionals.

If I were designing the psychological test to own a gun, I would include a section that reveals a unique fear to live. WE can help those who are afraid to live, and turn a lot of those rats into pussycats.

Those who choose violence as a pastime are obvious to everyone.

In my mind as a Soldier, Joe Blow is a threat to himself (Drinking while Hunting has been the cause of many gun related deaths and injury) as well as he is a Violent man because he likes to beat his wife. What is to stop him in the heat of the moment to escalate a beating to an execution? It has happened before and it will happen again. The situation which yo propose ends in the correct method, the man should not be allowed to own a firearm and should be given further psychiatric help.

To say that the man poses no threat to himself or his wife is ludicrous. As he is already a threat to his wife. People like the one in the example should not be allowed to use firearms let alone own them.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#30    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 16 January 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Excuse me? you dont even live in America.so keep out of our buisness.Not one true American here want someone from another Country to even say anything,Why dont you go fishing or something and Mind your own things instead of sticking your nose in someone elses problem,You Make no sence as to what your saying anyway.I am a member of the NRA and if you are calling "Us liers" then sir you have stepped on the wrong foot,your just Blind to the fact that any new laws passed do not affect the crimminals that dont care what law is made and they break them anyway,It only affects those of us that allready are law biding gun owners.and any new law only gives the crimminals something else to break.It is Idiot thinking that give crimminals power,Obama is an American hating pressident and the Life that we have here with its freedoms is at stake,thanks to the idiot crimminals and the idiot anti gun jerks that give our freedoms away,I did not fight to protect our freedoms in this country for Jerks to just throw it back in my face.and this Is a slap in the face to the American people who want to live free,and slowly this  anti-gun crap is taking it away from us and giving it to the crimminal,Then YOU who dosent even live in this country says something,I mean come on,MIND YOUR OWN.

Edited by The Unseen, 17 January 2013 - 04:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users