Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you live in a coffee or tea country?

spartan max2

http://mentalfloss.com/article/55746/coffee-or-tea/?utm_source=sm032514

coffee-or-tea.png

As Pew Research notes, the British exported a tea preference to many of their colonies. But not all—people in the U.S. drink three times as much coffee as tea. Tea wins big in Russia (77.5%), India (89%), and China (98.9%). The most evenly divided nation, according to The Economist, is Australia.

• Like 2

reading this post whilst shouting to my misses, "put the kettle on, love"

• Like 3

I live in very coffee addicted country, and I am the resident 'atheist'... Tea for me please (Iced tea preferably), leave the hot muck (coffee) to the others...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

Seattle, the home of starbucks. Yes totaly addicted.

• Like 3

I live in a tea country, but I import my (ice) tea bags from my home country which is a coffee country.

I used to only be only a coffee drinker, but after living in this tea country for so long I drink more (hot) tea than coffee now.

Husband was born in this tea country, but doesn't drink tea.. at all.. But he'll never refuse a cup of coffee.

:clap:

Coffee in the mornings, tea in the afternoon. Tea seems to be making a bit of a comeback in my stretch of the woods.

I drink coffee at work from time to time. Don't make it at home.

I rarely drink hot tea. Iced tea in the summer.

Does iced tea count as "tea" in this discussion?

I drink a lot of coffee.. only black coffee though:P

I drink hot tea once in a while, and being a southerner, I enjoy iced tea as well.

Tea house in a coffee country. I like coffee-flavored stuff (ice cream, candy, whatever), just not coffee itself.

One is BRITISH... and one drinks TEA. (Yorkshire Tea, for preference). :D

• Like 3

I find it interesting that on the graph it looks almost like a east vs west thing. West being pro coffee east pro tea lol

Im a tea lad myself

• Like 1

I love both coffee and tea. And like DecoNoir, I drink coffee in the AM and tea in the PM. I drink the 'high test' versions (with caffeine) and still sleep like a rock at night.

Edited by Lilly
oops...spelling

Coffee in the mornings, tea in the afternoon. Tea seems to be making a bit of a comeback in my stretch of the woods.

The imaginarium?

The imaginarium?

Southern California, though I imagine it could easily be called that in the 60's :D

• Like 1

I can't make my mind up which Country I live in, Tea, Coffee, Beer, Whisky, Fruit Juice ???? help....Slainte Mhar.

• Like 1

ahhhh the new wispa gold hot chocolate drink.... yummy

Love a cuppa...so much so that I have one every half hour or so, was raised on the stuff in a pauper environment where tea and bread was the staple and what ever sea food we could get from our estuary...Now the country is going coffee in a big way...and I dont mind that too much as a good cup or bowl of Cafe Latte is a fav every time I brave the city streets, tiny as it is....

Woops*Tea Country* edit

Edited by WierdHalfling

frack that, wheres the new shid, the chronic iced teas

I swing both ways, the the hot beverage world that is ;)

• Like 1

Vietnam use to be tea all the way (except for beer), but coffee is gaining a foothold now that sugary soft drinks are discredited and Vietnam grows so much coffee.

The difference is here we are civilized and take our tea with ice in it: proper behavior for a tropical country.

• Like 1

*media removed*

I don't even need to watch it EllJay because I'm sweet enough...

• Like 1

...The most evenly divided nation, according to The Economist, is Australia.

My wife drinks tea. I drink coffee.

Though my wife enjoys an occasional cup of coffee, and I like tea when I'm eating at a Chinese restaurant.

Is that evenly divided enough for you? :-)

• Like 1

Tea for me, with the exception of a mug of coffee in the evening. Decaff coffee that is and made with all milk, I'm not keen on coffee and can't stand it made with water.

• Like 1