Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

women's health

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

I am a bit upset after hearing part of obamas speach at planned parenthood.

On here and on the new you hear how bad it is that some arab parents are bad parents when they make an eleven year old girl marry some old fart.

But, stand up against the murder of a baby in the usa and you want to send the mothers back to the stone age.

Which is worse marring some old fart or vbeing murdere.  I think being murderes just because your an inconvence is much worse.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,691 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

A large part of the debate is at what point should we say that a cell is alive? When does the cell become complex enough to call it human.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Not according to planned parenthood.  An infant born alive dispite a botched abortion is not a living person.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#4    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,150 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

In my opinion danielost your "arab" parents forcing their 11 year old daughter to marry an old "fart" and the person who would attempt to tell me that I do not have control over my body and reproductive health are both equally despicable.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 27 April 2013 - 12:16 AM.

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#5    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,282 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

View Postdanielost, on 26 April 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

But, stand up against the murder of a baby in the usa and you want to send the mothers back to the stone age.

Possibly because a larger majority feel that it is not murder and is a woman's decision between her, her significant other and her doctor.

Besides, aren't you a conservative? not wanting "government" to make decisions for us?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#6    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,844 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

If it isn't a case of medical emergency, rape or incest then it's a case of being irresponsible and not wanting to deal with it. In my world you have to deal with your mistakes no matter how inconvenient and in the case of babies there are plenty of ways to let the child live and keep it out of your life. Put it up for adoption or ditch it to a family member. It might not have a great life or maybe it will. Either way it will have a life like the rest of us were given.

#7    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,844 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

To the pro choice people... If you were to suddenly find out that you were an abortion survivor would you be upset that your mother tried to kill you?

#8    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 27 April 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

In my opinion danielost your "arab" parents forcing their 11 year old daughter to marry an old "fart" and the person who would attempt to tell me that I do not have control over my body and reproductive health are both equally despicable.

If you don't want a baby use a condum.  They not only protect from babies but also deseases.  Nothing else does both except of course not having sex.

As I said, just an inconvence.

Edited by danielost, 27 April 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#9    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,611 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hmm, I'm kind of torn on when abortions should be cut off.  My current stance is abortions should be banned once the fetuses have reached the stage where they could survive outside the womb without intense medical intervention.  Otherwise they're a part of the woman she should have the choice to remove if she wants.

#10    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,150 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

View Postdanielost, on 27 April 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

If you don't want a baby use a condum.  

I agree.

However what I don't agree with is anyone presuming to make decisions regarding my body and my reproductive health. Period.

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#11    Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

• "I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
    -Rocketgirl

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 27 April 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

If it isn't a case of medical emergency, rape or incest then it's a case of being irresponsible and not wanting to deal with it. In my world you have to deal with your mistakes no matter how inconvenient and in the case of babies there are plenty of ways to let the child live and keep it out of your life. Put it up for adoption or ditch it to a family member. It might not have a great life or maybe it will. Either way it will have a life like the rest of us were given.

I agree with you, even though I believe a woman has the right to choose, I still believe that abortions shouldn't happen unless it's an emergency. There are people who shouldn't willing have sex because those same people don't seem to get that sex comes with a chance of pregnancy and std's. When you sleep with someone you need to be ready for any consequences that may arise and take responsible for them or not have sex at all. Condoms and birth control both exist for a reason. I know they are not 100% and things do happen but at least you can say that you took steps to protect yourself.

"I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
-Rocketgirl

"Try to change the world for the better, if you fail keep trying. Always aim for that impact of change in a positive way."
-Rocketgirl

#12    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostWickian, on 27 April 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hmm, I'm kind of torn on when abortions should be cut off.  My current stance is abortions should be banned once the fetuses have reached the stage where they could survive outside the womb without intense medical intervention.  Otherwise they're a part of the woman she should have the choice to remove if she wants.

This is not exactly true.  A baby is made up of both mom and dad and is thus a seperate being from conception.

#13    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

What has me upset tonight, is planned parenthood defeng an orbortin doctor,in pen.  When this doctor failed to abort the childs life he cut their spinal cord.  Then the so called pres.  is going to defend them.

#14    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,357 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

I think it comes down to woman's right to make her own decisions about her body. Would you want the government to decide whether or not you have a vasectomy.  If you don't believe in having an abortion then don't have one.  Women have a right to safe effective medical care. Planned Parenthood does women's health care. They provide birth control and checkups for many women who could not afford it. Abortion is a woman health care issue and that is between her and her doctor.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#15    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 27 April 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

I think it comes down to woman's right to make her own decisions about her body. Would you want the government to decide whether or not you have a vasectomy.  If you don't believe in having an abortion then don't have one.  Women have a right to safe effective medical care. Planned Parenthood does women's health care. They provide birth control and checkups for many women who could not afford it. Abortion is a woman health care issue and that is between her and her doctor.

The rules change once you have another living human being inside of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users