Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do you know what normal is?

danielost

I want to see what others say before I put my two cents worth in. So make a post. I will guve my answer in a day or two.

Average

I personally don't think there is a "normal" out there because what is normal to one person may be extreme to another and vice versa. Normal is what society want's us to think and be like....But if I had to give a definition of the word "Normal" it would be just to be yourself :)

• Like 1

I personally don't think there is a "normal" out there because what is normal to one person may be extreme to another and vice versa. Normal is what society want's us to think and be like....But if I had to give a definition of the word "Normal" it would be just to be yourself :)

As I said normal is what the group agrees too. What is normal for you, isn't what's normal for your famile, or your town.

Oh...well I would say it's some type of behaviour that this group of people are expecting from the individual.

To me 'normal' is probably what society classifies something as.

Not fitting the 'normal' mold though makes a person a damn sight more interesting unless of course they're an acting pedo etc where their actions hurt someone/ thing else.

I actually believe the word normal can be damaging to a persons psych, especially a child's.

"I'm normal. If you handle things differently, you are not." I think that is how lots of people see this. As a jurist, however, I can definitely say what is normal, i.e. the norm; a judically defined standart.

• Like 1

Normal as has been said is what a certain group expects of others in society.Since i started training people a few years back what most consider a fighter boxer/mma to be a ignorant,brutish,self absorbed ego maniac.However this is not the case at all.Out of about 20 people i train i have a veterinarian,accountant,RN,and several others who are more educated and well mannered than your average person walking down the street.Normal is just the current trend at the time of what people think others should be.

• Like 1

I am normal.

Everybody else is an idiot.

:w00t:

I'm not normal. I have been consistently told this throughout my life. :w00t:

I am normal.

Everybody else is an idiot.

:w00t:

I'm an idiot.

Everyone else is normal.

No wait, actually I think I'm dyslexic. :hmm:

While I may not be able to readily identify "normal", I'm pretty good at being able to identify "not normal" when I see it.

I believe normal is something that is generally acceptable by the public, and of course the normal is constantly changing.

Like before 50 years if a tattooed girl was not normal, today in most places is an normal thing.

Edited by diablo_04
  • Like 1