Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

Facts about Orbs!


  • Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#16    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostEcto76, on 24 April 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

So basically if I see an orb with my own eyes, its possible I have a tumor? lol... Sorry that is too funny.

:innocent:





Yes, it is possible.......And other medical ailments also.

As said, I posted numerous medical journal links, etc. on this.....Over a year ago, they are on another orb topic.....




Quote

6. Red flag: A small blind spot in your vision, with shimmering lights or a wavy line

What it means: An ocular migraine  (also called an "ophthalmic migraine," "optical migraine," or "migraine  aura") produces this disturbed vision, with or without an accompanying  headache. Changes in blood flow to the brain are thought to be the  cause.

More clues: The visual distortion starts in  the center of the field of vision. It might appear as a bright dot,  dots, or a line that can seem to move and disrupt your ability to see  properly, as if you were looking through a pocked or cracked window.  It's painless and causes no lasting damage. Individuals seem to have  different triggers (ranging from chocolate, caffeine, and alcohol to  stress). A headache, possibly severe enough to cause nausea, sometimes  follows.

What to do: If you're driving, pull over until  the phenomenon passes (usually within an hour). Do have an eye  specialist check it out if vision impairment lasts more than an hour or  so, to rule out serious problems such as a retinal tear; or if you also  experience other symptoms elsewhere that could indicate stroke or  seizure (such as fever, loss of muscle strength, or speech impairment).


http://health.yahoo....out-your-health

Edited by Sakari, 24 April 2012 - 11:08 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#17    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

I've had a physical in the last year or so and my doctor has not found any tumors! I'm pretty healthy!  :tu:

Nothing in the Paranormal related to ghosts have been proven 100% scientifically. This is why they call it Paranormal. So technically anything is open for discussion. This part of the debate is healthy. Making fun of people for their grammar and making fun of people in general for posting their opinion is not cool.

I'd like to think because it is not 100& scientifically proven by scientists that there are unlimited possibilities.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#18    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostEcto76, on 24 April 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Seriously... why can't people just have a friendly debate without making fun of anyone.

Besides, Orbs have been a topic for years. Whether they were discussed in the 70's, 80's or 90's. Today, a few TV shows discuss orbs being captured on video and photography. There are paranormal groups world wide that claim orbs are paranormal. Since they have been explained by those with experience and very good credentials, I'm just saying how important it is to keep things objective and keeping things real.

Not everyone is perfect and there is no such thing as an expert in the paranormal field. I shouldn't have to apologize but I do if this was posted several times. Its always good to have a fresh opinion on various subjects.Nothing wrong with that.  :hmm:


Not sure who was trying to be funny.........

If my reply that stated this has been posted numerous times offended you, sorry, not my intent.....





View PostEcto76, on 24 April 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

So basically if I see an orb with my own eyes, its possible I have a tumor? lol... Sorry that is too funny.

:innocent:





You studied orbs for 15 years and never looked at the medical side of them?.....lol.......Sorry, that is to funny.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#19    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

I never ruled it out Sakari...
Not offended. My last comment wasn't aimed specifically at you.  :P

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#20    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostEcto76, on 24 April 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

I never ruled it out Sakari...
Not offended. My last comment wasn't aimed specifically at you.  :P



NP......Just discussing.  :tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#21    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostEcto76, on 24 April 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

I've had a physical in the last year or so and my doctor has not found any tumors! I'm pretty healthy!  :tu:

Nothing in the Paranormal related to ghosts have been proven 100% scientifically. This is why they call it Paranormal. So technically anything is open for discussion. This part of the debate is healthy. Making fun of people for their grammar and making fun of people in general for posting their opinion is not cool.

I'd like to think because it is not 100& scientifically proven by scientists that there are unlimited possibilities.

Maybe you had a detached retina, or one of many other medical ailments. http://www.unexplain...showtopic=93834

" Nothing in the paranormal related to ghosts have been proven 100% " ........Yes, a lot of things have......Orbs for one....Low sound frequencies freaking people out subconsciously.......Electro Magnetic Fields ( if people would learn about them at the right place....Oh, here is a start :   Real Information on EMF's link   .....Power of suggestion....etc,etc,etc,etc,

Nothing " paranormal " related to ghosts has been proven to be " paranormal"......


Anyway, sorry, I went off topic again....

Edited by Sakari, 24 April 2012 - 11:35 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#22    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

I have recently seen an eye doctor as well... almost 20/20!

Sorry, don't have a detached retina either. It is a good discussion for those who see them with the human eye.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#23    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostEcto76, on 24 April 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

I have recently seen an eye doctor as well... almost 20/20!

Sorry, don't have a detached retina either. It is a good discussion for those who see them with the human eye.


Well, then read the link I posted, and use the search feature for the numerous other " see with eye " orb topics......Only 2 examples here.


So, what are you saying you are seeing?, you have me confused after reading your first post......And your article.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#24    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,525 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostEcto76, on 24 April 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Seriously... why can't people just have a friendly debate without making fun of anyone.

Besides, Orbs have been a topic for years. Whether they were discussed in the 70's, 80's or 90's. Today, a few TV shows discuss orbs being captured on video and photography. There are paranormal groups world wide that claim orbs are paranormal. Since they have been explained by those with experience and very good credentials, I'm just saying how important it is to keep things objective and keeping things real.

Not everyone is perfect and there is no such thing as an expert in the paranormal field. I shouldn't have to apologize but I do if this was posted several times. Its always good to have a fresh opinion on various subjects.Nothing wrong with that.  :hmm:

Hey, any page that describes how those transparent circles are an artifact of light and camera meeting, and blurring from lack of correct interpreting of what is actually in front of the camera, is helpful in my eyes. It doesn't matter how many there are out there. Yours may be the one that helps someone understand the idea a bit better. People will go out of control with an idea (like camera captured orbs caused by a light source), tying it to the paranormal. Your one short page of explanation helps in the fight to understand.

And it was done in a very clear, albeit short, way. Whether someone believes there are actual orbs floating around caused by spirits or not, they should learn that photographs and video capturing what would seem like those will never be taken seriously, for good reason.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#25    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

First of all... I think all of you are misreading my post and article all together. Sorry for the confusion. I did not go into an in depth explanation. It was a basic understanding how some misinterpret or mistaken identity of orbs.

If you read my article, I'm pointing out the basic understanding. I'm just trying to help the paranormal community.

I can take criticism well but I don't get why I am being criticized for trying to help!? Geeze  :angry:

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#26    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostEcto76, on 25 April 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

First of all... I think all of you are misreading my post and article all together. Sorry for the confusion. I did not go into an in depth explanation. It was a basic understanding how some misinterpret or mistaken identity of orbs.

If you read my article, I'm pointing out the basic understanding. I'm just trying to help the paranormal community.

I can take criticism well but I don't get why I am being criticized for trying to help!? Geeze  :angry:



Ok, as I asked earlier, help me out.......

First, I read your post, and it clearly says in your writing " ORBS are not GHOSTS ".......Your article explains a few orbs.

Later on, we ( me and you ) are discussing seeing "orbs " with your own eyes, and I got the impression you were a bit upset when I said there are medical issues that can cause this....Actually you got a bit defensive.

So, in your opinion, are some orbs ghosts, or orbs are not ghosts?

I am not and have not been criticising you, I am and will debate the reality of ghosts however because I am sure they do not exist.If that upsets you, that is your issue, and please do not take it as criticism, it is just how I feel about this.

So, can you please clear this up ? ( the orb thing regarding your post )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#27    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

No offense, I don't like being told ( when I am perfectly healthy ) that I have been seeing things because of a medical condition. I know the difference between natural things floating in your eyes and seeing light phenomena. No I never said orbs were ghosts anywhere. I thought I cleared things up when I said I am just simply trying to help the paranormal community understand the basic idea of what orbs truly are.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#28    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostEcto76, on 25 April 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

No offense, I don't like being told ( when I am perfectly healthy ) that I have been seeing things because of a medical condition. I know the difference between natural things floating in your eyes and seeing light phenomena. No I never said orbs were ghosts anywhere. I thought I cleared things up when I said I am just simply trying to help the paranormal community understand the basic idea of what orbs truly are.


No offense at all.

I never told you why, ( actually I was not sure if you had ) you were seeing things..........I only pointed out that some known causes are medical, and made suggestions, you know, to help the paranormal community understand.

I know ball lightning is real also.....

May I ask what you think you have been seeing?......Just curious.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#29    Ecto76

Ecto76

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some where in New York

  • Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

I never said I saw things. I've recorded things I cannot explain. Just to point out, I also never mentioned the word ghosts. I like to call what we can't explain as an unexplained phenomena. I just said orbs are not ghosts. Those who think they are... are wrong. I will say, I have seen things with my own "healthy" eyes I know cannot be explained. I don't have to prove that to anyone. Obviously, you seem to be a skeptic. What I say to people all the time is, you won't believe anything a believer will say unless you experience it for yourself. I'm not here to turn anyone into a believer either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and beliefs. But when I do investigations I keep things simple, real and objective. Unless I have proof, its not solid evidence.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#30    Englishgent

Englishgent

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts
  • Joined:24 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bangkok Thailand

  • all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Sakari is perfectly correct in sayng medical ailments such as a tumour can (and do) create these lights.
I have read of a number of cases in the past, whereby opticians have diagnosed a tumour where a paitent has complained of seeing flashing lights or 'orbs'. These have been confirmed on seeing a specialist and having MRI scans etc.  The patient can still feel perfectly healthy at this time. :)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users