Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The dangers of Doctor Google

doctor google

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

A friend of mine was having a lot of lower back pain. Her doctor said it was a bladder infection and prescribed antibiotics and gave her pain meds. The pain still persisted
after she had finished taking the antibiotics. She went back to the doctor and was told "again" that it was still a bladder infection and was given stronger antibiotics and more pain pills.
She still wasn't getting better, so she decided to get a second opinion (thankfully), well, it turned out that her "gall bladder" was causing the pain and needed to be
removed. She had the surgery last week and she isn't in any more pain!!!  She is also happy that she doesn't need to take any more perscription pain meds, she was
scared that she was going to become dependent on them.  It seems like doctors are misdiagnosing illnesses a lot more than they did in the past!!!  Besides that,
they hand out perscriptions for pain pills way too much instead of doing the necessary testing to actually find out what is causing the pain and how to cure it permanently.
Personally, I look at the online medical sites first, before I go see a doctor.  I figure that, no matter which choice I make (web MD sites or seeing a DR.), I will still have a 50/50 chance of finding out what is causing the health problem!!!  (A lot of doctors these days, are only in the medical profession for the money and NOT because they care about helping
people get better!!!!!)

#17    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,270 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

View Postarcher95446, on 16 August 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

A friend of mine was having a lot of lower back pain. Her doctor said it was a bladder infection and prescribed antibiotics and gave her pain meds. The pain still persisted
after she had finished taking the antibiotics. She went back to the doctor and was told "again" that it was still a bladder infection and was given stronger antibiotics and more pain pills.
She still wasn't getting better, so she decided to get a second opinion (thankfully), well, it turned out that her "gall bladder" was causing the pain and needed to be
removed. She had the surgery last week and she isn't in any more pain!!!  She is also happy that she doesn't need to take any more perscription pain meds, she was
scared that she was going to become dependent on them.  It seems like doctors are misdiagnosing illnesses a lot more than they did in the past!!!  Besides that,
they hand out perscriptions for pain pills way too much instead of doing the necessary testing to actually find out what is causing the pain and how to cure it permanently.
Personally, I look at the online medical sites first, before I go see a doctor.  I figure that, no matter which choice I make (web MD sites or seeing a DR.), I will still have a 50/50 chance of finding out what is causing the health problem!!!  (A lot of doctors these days, are only in the medical profession for the money and NOT because they care about helping
people get better!!!!!)

Don't forget Doctors are people, and some people are good at their jobs, some people are not, some people care about their work, some people do not. This situation is not helped by the army of hypercondriacs out there, wasting doctors time, filling up appointment times claiming they are ill based on 'bad feelings' and Google diagnosis'. The system is abused from both ends.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

Also tagged with doctor, google

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users