Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World’s first 'gay bible' published

gay bible queen james bible

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#121    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,123 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 07 February 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

That's not the arguement at all
That's exactly your argument!  Someone asked if you were willing to just leave it be, and you said that you would not simply shut up and let us win.  In contrast, I said I was going to leave it be, and you turned it around and said I was being dismissive.  

As such, I am not going to comment on the rest of your post.  Consider it dismissive if you like, I'm comfortable with that too....

Edited by Paranoid Android, 07 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#122    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,861 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 07 February 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

That's exactly your argument!  Someone asked if you were willing to just leave it be, and you said that you would not simply shut up and let us win.  In contrast, I said I was going to leave it be, and you turned it around and said I was being dismissive.  

As such, I am not going to comment on the rest of your post.  Consider it dismissive if you like, I'm comfortable with that too....

No, with you it's 'shutting up and sticking your fingers in your ears'. You're not 'letting anyone win'.

Naturally I do. But like I said, I've come to expect it so I'm not surprised.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#123    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,861 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 07 February 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

You arguing with one Christian on a forum for ages is not a sign you are wanting to make the word a better place.....People who want to make the world a better place, get out there and they get involved in causes to help.. They don't call sitting on a forum arguing with the odd person here and there is making things better .. Arguing on any forum is not going to make changes in the world..

Putting this as a sperate thing and not just an edit.

I said once to PA why I considered it important to get him to change his mind. Other than that one belief, he otherwise seems an intelligent, reasoned person. Yet despite that, he clings to that belief. To me, changing his mind is important for a simple reason. If an intelligent, reasoned person like him can change his mind, than anyone can. However, he doesn't and thatto me is a problem. Because if an otherwise reasonable person like him can't change his mind, despite all the evidence before him, what hope is there for (say) the catholic church or other groupos that pursue the believe with voracaious ferocity?

And that is why I've argued with him so much.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#124    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 07 February 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

That assumes that all I do is argue,

It's all I see, we are both on a forum, you do the math.... Unless you expect me to know all you get up to in real life too?

But no, that's selfish isn't it?

You fail to understand what I am calling selfish.  Here it is again..only this time re-worded..In bold are the key words that need the emphasis...

IE - If a christian who believes in converting you away from what they feel is harmful, in the hopes you will turn over to their line of thinking and change to their faith ( to get you to change your mind ) . and hooray, you're saved.hallelujah praise the lord  etc etc... .  IF you tell them no, and explain why, clearly showing you are not interested, if he or she harps on and on at you because they cannot understand why you don't want to be saved? By them constantly harping at you, is and others will agree, can be annoying and it can look selfish to those who stand on the outside looking in.. It looks more like the Christian wanting their own way. then not only are they annoying, but its selfish

You shadow are doing the EXACT same thing.. You are looking a Christian to change his mind on a belief he holds,..You see he won't budge, he tells you why, so because you don't understand him, you harp on and on at him at any given chance

I see people acting on the belief that homosexuality is a sin by assauting, abusing and murdering people.

List me something ( reliable ) that shows christians hurting and murdering those who are gay in this day and age?

I never realised wanting to stop people being harmed was selfish.

So if PA changes his beliefs to suit what you want, in the way you want it.. All of a sudden, people from all over the world will stop their hate?  Killing?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 07 February 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#125    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 05 February 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Even if it were, it is nothing compared to what the King James bible says about them, nor is it as bad compared to the hate and abuse they get from many religious people  ( including others ) over time for just being gay.. So calling it a Queen James bible might look like a mockery, but I say fair play to them..I see it more as a statement, taking a stand.. If they were to re-write the bible  to suit themselves, we can't say that has not been done before.. King James did it, so why not a Queen James?

I have never seen you disagree with anything gay people put out. It could be gay murder and you would be like "I don't see anything wrong with it".
I heard this on the radio before so it is not my words, but this is the age of feelings. Everyone cares how others feel. Let me ask you B-Mom, do you think that a brother and sister, hell even two brothers in incest should be able to get married? I ask what would be the difference between them and any other gay? What would be the difference between a brother and sister in love committing incest, than two homos in love that want to get married?

#126    euroninja

euroninja

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

• Ultra alpha male here.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostArbitran, on 17 December 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

No anti-homosexual passages in the Bible until 1946? That's bull****. In that case, they must have only added Leviticus and the writings of Paul in the 40s...
Leviticus is suspect. I mean the things about shrimps and slavery. Sounds to me like man made rules. St. Paul is a self appointed disciple. I don't read his work. It's full of his agenda. Gays have saints too, according to my butch queen bear friends.  Saints Sergius and Bacchus.

#127    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostUgly1, on 07 February 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I have never seen you disagree with anything gay people put out. It could be gay murder and you would be like "I don't see anything wrong with it".

Are you winding me up?  Seriously?   If a gay murders another person then all of a sudden that is OK in my book?  So according to your logic, if people stand up and think gays own rights to marry and they show no hate towards gays, this means they all turn a blind eye to crimes committed by gays?
That's like saying - If a Christian sticks up for other Christians when dabating their faith against others, that MUST mean they too will turn a blind eye if they hear of a Christian up for murder   What a load of garbage, you sadly don't realise how stupid that sounds?   ... Do not post such nonsense my way..seriously don't ..If I read any nonsense like that again, it will be ignored and rightly so..

Everyone cares how others feel. Let me ask you B-Mom, do you think that a brother and sister, hell even two brothers in incest should be able to get married? I ask what would be the difference between them and any other gay?   

I couldn't give a monkeys who or what they choose to marry..  Marriage is not owned by me or anyone else...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 07 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#128    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostUgly1, on 07 February 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I ask what would be the difference between them and any other gay? What would be the difference between a brother and sister in love committing incest, than two homos in love that want to get married?

Huh? are you seriously comparing the two?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#129    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 17 December 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

A book claiming to be the world's first 'gay bible' has been published to coincide with the debate on same-sex marriage.

Titled the 'Queen James Bible', its editors claim that it is a re-working of the King James Bible translated in a way that 'prevents homophobic misinterpretation of God's Word'.

'Homosexuality was first overtly mentioned in the Bible in 1946 in the Revised Standard Version. There is no mention of or reference to homosexuality in any Bible prior to this – only interpretations have been made', the book's official website said.

http://www.dailymail...-sentences.html

He should be arrested and prosecuted for hate crimes against religion.

The legislation protecting religious freedoms mean he isnt allowed to mock or undermine a faith which he clearly is doing.

#130    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,861 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 February 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

The legislation protecting religious freedoms mean he isnt allowed to mock or undermine a faith which he clearly is doing.

It's funny how legislation 'protecting religious freedoms' allows religious people to mock and undermine gay people which would otherwise be considered something to label as hate crimes.

#131    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 07 February 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

It's funny how legislation 'protecting religious freedoms' allows religious people to mock and undermine gay people which would otherwise be considered something to label as hate crimes.
if they do not agree with it, then that is their right. no one has the right to say they must accept them if it is against their faith. But on that note, as i have said before, gay people should not expect them too.
Start another cult alreeeeeeady.
I have posted other people who have done it because they did not agree with the religion at the time. I am sure there are enough gay people to make up the numbers to get it sorted.
Personally i would rather not see any more cults, there top 3 main ones have done enough damage to mankind and it does not seem to be getting any better.
But thats just my opinion.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#132    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,861 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 07 February 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

It's all I see, we are both on a forum, you do the math.... Unless you expect me to know all you get up to in real life too?

You're the one that made the assumption that arguing on a forum is all I do.

You fail to understand what I am calling selfish.  Here it is again..only this time re-worded..

IE - If a christian who believes in converting you away from what they feel is harmful, in the hopes you will turn over to their line of thinking and change to their faith ( to get you to change your mind ) . and hooray, you're saved.hallelujah praise the lord  etc etc... .  IF you tell them no, and explain why, clearly showing you are not interested, if he or she harps on and on at you because they cannot understand why you don't want to be saved? By them constantly harping at you, is and others will agree, can be annoying and it can look selfish to those who stand on the outside looking in.. It looks more like the Christian wanting their own way. then not only are they annoying, but its selfish

You shadow are doing the EXACT same thing.. You are looking a Christian to change his mind on a belief he holds,..You see he won't budge, he tells you why, so because you don't understand him, you harp on and on at him at any given chance

It's still not selfish. You see homosexuality is a sin being harmful is something tangible. We can see the harm it does. We can see people being denied rights, abused and murdered bycause people see their homosexuality as a sin. That is a FACT. It's undeniable.

By contrast a religious person trying to convert a gay person doesn't have any sort of proof. There's no evidence that the conversion will make the person happier. In fact, quite the contrary. There's reams of evidence that converting a gay person is harmful to the person and leads them to live a lie that harms more people.

Now when a person looks at the evidence and sees that a belief is harming people and there's proof, yet ignores and excuses it, yes it bothers me and no its not selfish. And I'm not limiting that to christians or homosexuality.

Lets say if you had a person and they were smoking a box or cigarettes tody. The evidence is clear that they will harm themselves and others. Is it selfish to try and get the person to stop then?

List me something ( reliable ) that shows christians hurting and murdering those who are gay in this day and age?

I have to leave in five minutes, so I can't give you what you want in detail.

However what comes to mind right away is christians that offer gay cures to 'pray away the gay' or conversion therapy. Those cause harm Obviously theres people too who bully relentlessly or murder people and theres a number of right wing religious morons that call for gay people to be punished.

So if PA changes his beliefs to suit what you want, in the way you want it.. All of a sudden, people from all over the world will stop their hate?  Killing?   Catch a grip shadow

No, but then i never said that. It'd show me that people can change.

#133    markdohle

markdohle

Government Agent

• 4,290 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostSean93, on 17 December 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

This is Hilarious - Queen James Bible. Haha. They're celebrating it too, check out this video here at 2.51, they're positively thrilled.

I think the guy in the video is gay

peace
mark

#134    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,123 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 February 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Why exactly should this guy be arrested and prosecuted?  Disagreeing with a religious viewpoint is not against the law of the United States (I'm no expert in United States law, but I'm pretty sure a person can print whatever they like provided it doesn't fall under the umbrella of "hate speech". And that includes a mistranslation of a Bible if they so wish it.

~ PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#135    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 07 February 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

You're the one that made the assumption

It's not an assumption, I speak only about the forum, I am not speaking about anything other than what is being said on a forum.. I call it how I see it on.......a forum !!

It's still not selfish.                        

Yes it is, if you are harping on at people to change their minds to suit what you want , then others can see it as selfish, even if you don't    Religious people do not think when they harp on at others non stop as selfish either, but others from the outside can see it as such

By contrast a religious person trying to convert a gay person doesn't have any sort of proof. There's no evidence that the conversion will make the person happier.                  

Whether we see evidence of it or not, it is still their beliefs, they wouldn't hang on to them IF they thought they were wrong..  

Lets say if you had a person and they were smoking a box or cigarettes tody. The evidence is clear that they will harm themselves and others. Is it selfish to try and get the person to stop then?            

It is ok to give them sound advice, but if you harp on and on at them about their life choices, then  YES it most certainly is selfish..  It is their body, their life.. If they tell you no, then leave them be... You know why this is? I will put it in bold to lay the emphasis  -   Because people ( even you ) hate being harped at to change who you are, what you believe and your way of doing things..  This you cannot deny..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users