Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will Jesus Return?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(BFG @ Jun 26 2005, 09:39 PM)
Three days after his death, Jesus returned and spoke to many different people - the gospel accounts announce 13 people by name.  The book of Acts and 1 Corinthians gives more accounts of his appearances.

My understanding of the scripture thus shows that Jesus did indeed return in the lifetime of those people.  He will return again though.

View Post

Exactly.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#17    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(mako @ Jun 27 2005, 05:44 AM)
24:34 Verily I say unto you,
This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

View Post

He is referring to the Jewish people.

Otherwise, don't you think he would have said "Your generation will not pass..."

The same could be said about "why didnt he just say the Jewish people will not pass," but these were not his exact words.

The scripture is debatable. It can be interpreted both ways. However, there is much more scriptural evidence that would suggest he meant the Jewish race in general.

#18    RH2097

RH2097

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Fear the soul for it knows no fear.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(scoobysnack @ Jun 26 2005, 08:16 PM)
Yes Jesus will most likely return for the second comming in our life time.  That also means the rise of the Antichrist.  I personaly have been following prophecy for over six years and everything is moving along right on schedule.  World government is the major sign.  We are just years away.  I have quite a bit of evidence to back up the world government, but only God knows if it's time.  My guess it's very close.  All I have time right now is to point you out to visions of future from near death experiances:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research32.html

Heres just an example of what you will find:

Lou Famoso's visions of the future:

(a) People from different nations, different religions, with different weapons, will kill each other which will result in hundreds of thousands of dead people.

(cool.gif Man will prey on man until man will pray for man.

© Floods will spill across the earth on different continents in different seasons.

(d) Hundreds of lives and acres upon acres of crops will be lost as well as hundreds of animals.

(e) Volcanoes from around the world will erupt; first one then another.

(f ) Earthquakes will destroy sections of almost every continent. One massive earthquake will occur in America. Most of the others will be in Europe and Asia and thousands of people will be killed.

(g) There will come a time when these things will happen all at once. It will come at the same time of humanity's greatest sins.

(h) Millions of people will cry because of the devastation of portions of New York City.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the New York City terrorist attack.]

(i ) A huge earthquake of magnitude 8.6 will happen at a place called Eureka (Eureka, California?).

(j ) Thousands of people will migrate from areas of frequent disasters to places of safety.

(k) Missiles will be fired simultaneously into space from several nations.

(l ) Eruptions on the sun will interfere with the earth - more than it ever has.

(m) A large mass from space will pass by the earth and cause it to wobble wildly like a spinning top.

(n) The oceans will rise, first along the Pacific Ring of Fire then others.

(o) A space station will fall from the heavens because of an internal explosion.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the doomed Space Shuttle Columbia disaster of 2003.]

(p) Landmasses will start to sink under the pressure of the ocean on it.

(q) These earth changes will result in a newer, cleaner, more beautiful planet.

The archangel Gabriel gave Lou Famoso the following message to take back to let others know that there is little to fear because the earth will go on forever:

Look to Orion and you will know when the new world will come.

View Post

Most of those are so vague that they can be interpreted in any way.

RH2097

Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance?
Don't analyze my beliefs.  And I won't pick out the flaws in yours.
You tell me that I sin, You say I'm bound to hell, So once judgment condemns you, I shall see you there.

#19    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:20 PM

The verse means that the generation that's alive during the tribulation should not pass until all those things have happened.  Let's say it's going to happen during my generation.  Well, my generation won't pass until it happens.  Read a commentary before judging the biblical text.  A lot of people just see something in the text and immediately jump to conclusions about it.  Looks like people are desperate to prove the bible wrong. tongue.gif

#20    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(saucy @ Jun 27 2005, 05:20 PM)
  Looks like people are desperate to prove the bible wrong. tongue.gif

View Post

I'm starting to think the same thing.

#21    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(Amalgamut @ Jun 27 2005, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE(saucy @ Jun 27 2005, 05:20 PM)
  Looks like people are desperate to prove the bible wrong. tongue.gif

View Post

I'm starting to think the same thing.

View Post

or is it that followers are desperate to prove it right?

realistically, believers are the ones with energy invested in christianity, so it would be them most willing to invest energy in defense of it.

all others really don't have anything to concern themselves with other than "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing".

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#22    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(hyperactive @ Jun 27 2005, 05:49 PM)
or is it that followers are desperate to prove it right?

View Post

but ask yourself the question, "who makes the most threads about religion?"

what do you think? skeptics, or believers?

I was thinking the former.

I usually never come into an argument and start proclaiming what I think is right, untill someone points the finger and proclaims that what I believe in to be wrong.
realistically, believers are the ones with energy invested in christianity, so it would be them most willing to invest energy in defense of it.

View Post

but thats the keyword here, "defense". if i attack your beliefs, wouldn't you defend?
all others really don't have anything to concern themselves with other than "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing".

View Post

its all in the minds eye. who is who, what is what...etc..

#23    scoobysnack

scoobysnack

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,355 posts

• Ancient Craft Masonry motto: Ordo ab Chao (Order out of Chaos)

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:43 AM

During the end times as talked about in the Bible, Jesus returns.  The endtimes is also filled with chaos, destruction, and death, out with the old and in with the new.  Jesus will bring heaven to earth.

The future predictions from the near death experiences (some of which came from "used to be atheists") correspond with the endtimes.

The Hopi Indians, also have prophecy which is following the same timeline of events.  Slightly different but the same end result.  A new beginning.  Add that to the Mayan prophecy that the new world begins 2012 or around there.  In fact many religions are expecting major change within our life times.  Here are the signs of Hopi prophecy.  We are currently in the eighth sign.

"The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

"These are the Signs that great destruction is coming.

for more info check out the source:

http://www.crystalinks.com/hopi2.html

Edited by scoobysnack, 08 July 2005 - 11:28 PM.

He who molds opinion is greater than he who enacts laws.
--President Abraham Lincoln

“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know.”
-- Harry Truman

#24    GIDEON MAGE

GIDEON MAGE

MASTER PSYCHIC

• 3,813 posts

• I ONLY BELIEVE WHAT I PERCEIVE WITH MY OWN PSYCHIC POWERS, OR MAKES LOGICAL SENSE. SHOW ME SOMETHING THAT WORKS AND I'LL AGREE.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:27 AM

24:34 Verily I say unto you,
This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

He is referring to the Jewish people.

Otherwise, don't you think he would have said "Your generation will not pass..."

I say, more apologistic bull-tweedy.

He didn't come back when he prophecied, so it must mean something else than what he said.

GIDEON MAGE

Is a shameless act of self-promotion vain, or merely a good, practiical idea? Click here to find out!
http://www.examiner....ew-Age-Examiner

#25    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:41 AM

it is said not even the angles know when he will come back but yes i do believe he will and that there is no telling when,but there are a few thing that are suppose to happen first and many of them have not yet come to pass, innocent.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#26    Xoisk el Soñador

Xoisk el Soñador

Psychic Spy

• 1,179 posts

• Para vivir, se tiene que aprender a perdonar y olvidar.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

I highly doubt Jesus will ever been returning to this misery...

«A donde fueres, haz lo que vieres».

#27    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:10 PM

He failed to show up when he said he was going to?  Please, enlighten me on when Jesus said he was going to return.  Jesus actually said that nobody will know when He returns, not even the angels, but only God the father.  He never prophesied when He would return.

#28    kikuchiyo

kikuchiyo

Psychic Spy

• 1,744 posts

• I have an answer to everything

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:33 PM

He also discourages trying to put a date on his "come-back" as it could create too many false Prophets. It's also in the ten commandments the "false Idol" one.

I wonder what will happen to the souls of the "american Idol" producers.

Carpe Diem People!
want a mighty supa fly avatar ask for Universal "Mad skills" Absurdity
http://www.unexplain...pe=post&id=9407
Uber Foolish Funk Shaolin Monk "tonk" of the Skeptical Non Believers of Uppity Annoyance

#29    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(saucy @ Jul 4 2005, 12:10 PM)
He failed to show up when he said he was going to?  Please, enlighten me on when Jesus said he was going to return.  Jesus actually said that nobody will know when He returns, not even the angels, but only God the father.  He never prophesied when He would return.

View Post

My thoughts exactly.

#30    the_spirit_within

the_spirit_within

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(Lost_In_Thought @ Jun 26 2005, 03:32 PM)
I think he may come right when we blow our selves up.

Jesus:"Im here my chil..... Oh SH*T!"
*explosion sounds!

View Post

dude that wasn't funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users