Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#526    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,106 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 04 March 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

I've been laying low for a while but this kind of speak isn't what I'm used to hearing from you. Thought you were reasonable but it seems that you're just another outsider who thinks he knows best.
Think how you like. That's ok. Just remember that America is exceptional. We stand out from the crowd for a reason. People, including our president, who keep telling us we need to be like the rest of the world can either stay where they are or go live in the rest of the world. Those who appreciate American will stay here and fight for its exceptionalism against those who think we need to change. We made one huge change 236 years ago. If we hadn't we'd already be just like the rest of the world. We aren't reverting.

I think a lot of times citizens of certain countries can do nothing about the laws imposed on them and have to accept them, so they rationalize it, whatever it is they're told to do and not to do, have or not have.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#527    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,109 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 04 March 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

I think a lot of times citizens of certain countries can do nothing about the laws imposed on them and have to accept them, so they rationalize it, whatever it is they're told to do and not to do, have or not have.
You're right. And they may develop a sort of Stockholm syndrome towards their governments. Eh, it's called indoctrination I guess.

Posted Image

#528    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,109 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Here is a question for the antigunners... If the citizens of North Korea were suddenly armed as American citizens are what would be the downfall? The few nuts who commit murders or the ability to maybe take a stand against Kim Jong Jr? I know the former is the downfall but the latter is just far too important to argue against. Arms=Freedoms.

Posted Image

#529    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 04 March 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Here is a question for the antigunners... If the citizens of North Korea were suddenly armed as American citizens are what would be the downfall? The few nuts who commit murders or the ability to maybe take a stand against Kim Jong Jr? I know the former is the downfall but the latter is just far too important to argue against.

Considering the vast majority of the people have been brainwashed to love their leader immensely not to mention a substantial chunk of the population is in the armed forces or reserves, I actually cannot see the scenario occurring. Oh, and if you want to see how effective armed citizenry are against even a remotely competent armed government force, look at the current civil war in Syria. Is 40,000+ people dead really a good thing?

Arms=Freedoms.

Arms+Rednecks=Death. Honestly, the collective intelligence of the pro-gun movement in this thread is disturbing. Oh, and "your freedoms"? Do you honestly think that the US is the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth?

Because if you do, you could not be more wrong.

Edited by MichaelW, 04 March 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#530    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Arms+Rednecks=Death.

Stereotypes are dangerous less we start calling OZ the new Commie Nation.

#531    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 04 March 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Stereotypes are dangerous less we start calling OZ the new Commie Nation.

But I'm not Australian.

#532    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

But I'm not Australian.

I know this. You are from NZ. But OZ did sell 90% of there natural resources to China. My advice is keep an eye on your Big Corps to ensure they dont follow suite. I only say this because I care about your country in a Im not really getting involved way.

Im saying stereotypes are dangerous cause in my book that invites calling OZ a Commie Nation. Do you see what I mean. Its like bullying in school. If you call names long enough bad things can come out of it. Revenge killing and suicide are the two that come to mind. And lets not start with racial profiling due to stereotyping. Its just an unhealthy attitude IMO. But one Im guilty of from time to time as well.

#533    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,109 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostMichaelW, on 04 March 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Considering the vast majority of the people have been brainwashed to love their leader immensely not to mention a substantial chunk of the population is in the armed forces or reserves, I actually cannot see the scenario occurring. Oh, and if you want to see how effective armed citizenry are against even a remotely competent armed government force, look at the current civil war in Syria. Is 40,000+ people dead really a good thing?

Arms+Rednecks=Death. Honestly, the collective intelligence of the pro-gun movement in this thread is disturbing. Oh, and "your freedoms"? Do you honestly think that the US is the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth?

No comment. I've done the broken record thing enough already. My history on UM already has answers and replies to all of this. Just go read past US threads over the last two years and you'll see where I stand. I'd give you a better reply but your overuse and ill use of the word redneck and its association with guns leaves little else to gain from further conversation.

Posted Image

#534    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,957 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 04 March 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

Really?   That's what you think?    You think Iraq, Iran, Cuba, North Korea and the like are more free than the USA?   Now we see your intelligence level.

By the way, what is a redneck?  Do you think only rednecks own firearms?

#535    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostMyles, on 05 March 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

Really?   That's what you think? You think Iraq, Iran, Cuba, North Korea and the like are more free than the USA?   Now we see your intelligence level.

People are idiots. They love stereotyping people regardless of the facts. I could just call him a ignorant minded liberal who understands nothing of the constitution and how history always repeats itself.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#536    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

Really?   That's what you think?    You think Iraq, Iran, Cuba, North Korea and the like are more free than the USA?   Now we see your intelligence level.

In his defense, he never made reference to those specific countries. You did, in an effort to discredit him, and you're not fooling anyone.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#537    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 04 March 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I know this. You are from NZ.

So, what does this have to do with the price of fish? And why are you so concerned about what Australia, a sovereign country with legitimate business interests, does with it's natural resources? If Australian businesses want to sell their products in China, they are perfectly fine to do so. Same with any business in any country. China is GM's second largest market for example.

Don't really see what your problem is.

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 04 March 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

No comment.

Then what is the point of your post? If you don't want to comment, what's the point in doing so? Just seems like a waste of time.

Really?   That's what you think? You think Iraq, Iran, Cuba, North Korea and the like are more free than the USA?   Now we see your intelligence level.

Now, where exactly did I mention those countries? This is a very, very poor attempt and using a strawman to discredit someone. If you're going to fling poo, make sure some of it sticks.

Now, as for free countries, I had the Benelux states in mind (I'll give you a little while to figure out what those are) as well as most of Scandinavia and of course, NZ.

By the way, what is a redneck?

If you wish to see what a redneck is, you are welcome to look in a mirror.

View PostUncle Sam, on 05 March 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

People are idiots. They love stereotyping people regardless of the facts. I could just call him a ignorant minded liberal who understands nothing of the constitution and how history always repeats itself.

You could, but that would be apt. Because I am a liberal person.

#538    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,109 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

No comment to you specifically.

Posted Image

#539    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,957 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostStellar, on 05 March 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

In his defense, he never made reference to those specific countries. You did, in an effort to discredit him, and you're not fooling anyone.
In my defense, he said" Do you honestly think that the US is the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth?
Because if you do, you could not be more wrong".

I think I would be "more wrong" if I said North Korea was the greatest, freest, most liberal country on the face of the Earth.
If he is going to insult me and tell me how wrong I am, I have no issue with calling him out on his words. :tu:

#540    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,957 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostMichaelW, on 05 March 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

If you wish to see what a redneck is, you are welcome to look in a mirror.

Here we go.   More insults from the child.
Only a child would believe that a person who owns a gun must be a "redneck".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users