Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
840 replies to this topic

#706    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,704 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 30 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Gosh regi - it sounds like you're calling someone a liar.

Inaccurate is not the same as lying.

#707    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

View Postregi, on 01 May 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Inaccurate is not the same as lying.

regi ~  no,  it's not, but that's not what you implied with your choice of words;  'consider the source'. I perceived the insult intended, and no big deal, I don't care enough to be that insulted, a bit maybe, but I will call a spade a spade, regardless.  Not asking for clarity, mind you.  I don't believe it's achievable at this point.

Up to now I've gone to lengths to use court testimony as my information source since so much media is focused on this case and it's muddied the waters badly with disinformation, manipulation of facts, and the general manner in which the HLN-Nancy Grace school of thought distort facts so badly as a rule.  Not a worry though. Nothing personal there, they just hunger for ratings, it's a paycheck.  Hard to say what motivates others behavior who follow this case.

was hoping for closings to begin today, so I dropped in, but darn.  more testimony.   Is the jury even awake?

#708    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,704 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 01 May 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

that's not what you implied with your choice of words;  'consider the source'.

I didn't (and wouldn't) consider you a source.

#709    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

View Postregi, on 02 May 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I didn't (and wouldn't) consider you a source.

the source in this case being the previous posts you were disclaiming in your post, this is the reference made & I'd guess you were/are clear about that.  A bit edgy, but hey, I see how deeply your feelings seem to run over this case.  I would never presume to consider myself 'source', and have been diligent in pulling info from court clips once the Nancy Dis-Grace Channel went viral with this case in every media format... facts got harder to come by.  The package they're selling is widely represented if you rely on news online for the most part, as I do.

I hope you enjoyed JM's closing. I have read how highly you regard him.

I watched it and found but myself wondering what all the fuss is about.  He doesn't strike me at all as a skillful orator.  At times I even considered him a bit country-bumpkin-y, and is as guilty of cherry-picking evidence as the defense is.  Neither side of this case is admirably represented, IMO.  I started watching Nurmi's closing but it was flat and disjointed (so far), so I stopped.  But at long  last, it will soon be in the hands of the jury, and over.

#710    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,122 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

Well the verdict should be in tomorrow ,what do you think she`ll get? I guessing frist degree murder .

#711    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

Please just strap her to the gurney so we don't have to listen to Nancy Grace droning on about her.

#712    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

One quick fact, Jodi is hot.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#713    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,122 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

I think its clear that Jodi did plan to kill Travis, but when she got there decided to make him really suffer frist.:(

#714    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

gimcrack

• 10,433 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 06 May 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

This is puzzling to me! :lol: Are you saying that because you know she will do slutty things, or because you think she looks hot? Because I think she looks plain verging on ugly!

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#715    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,704 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 03 May 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

I see how deeply your feelings seem to run over this case.

My feelings run deep for any perceived injustice, whether it's seeing victims further victimized, or if it's wrongful convictions.

#716    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,704 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 06 May 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

This is puzzling to me! :lol: Are you saying that because you know she will do slutty things, or because you think she looks hot? Because I think she looks plain verging on ugly!

Oh, I wouldn't have even asked because I know a quick fact too and it has nothing to do with Arias! :lol:  (If she was ever hot, that was a looooooong time ago. :lol: )

#717    markprice

markprice

BANNED

• 3,718 posts

• BANNED

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

The jury is finally out on this. I guess the only thing they are debating is the death penalty,... for Nancy Grace.

BANNED UNDERSTAND.

#718    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

From my cold dead hands would you sentence her to death were I on the jury.  She's mentally ill folks.  While there is evidence pointing out her guilt, I can see there is plenty of room for mercy here as well.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#719    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 06 May 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Uh... both lol.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#720    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,375 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 06 May 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

Maybe so but (singing to the tune of 'too fat polka') 'you can have her I don't want her she's too mean for me'....

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users