Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Isolated Mashco-Piro tribe Wander From Forest

She-ra

Dressed in loincloths and speaking an unknown language, the Mashco-Piro, one of the last isolated peoples on Earth, are increasingly venturing out of their forests in Peru — to the government’s distress.

Authorities say encroachments on the Amazon rainforest by illegal loggers may be forcing the Mashco-Piro, a tribe of hunter-gatherers, into some of their first recorded contacts with the outside world.

Often the meetings seem friendly enough: Residents of the surrounding area give the Mashco-Piro food, and tourists give them clothing.

Read more here:

http://www.rawstory....d-peru-forests/

• Like 3

Their paradise, lost.

• Like 1

That people are giving them things made me wince. That creates dependency and destroys motivation. In my culture it is thought that the best way to be reborn a demon in the next life is to be so generous people depend on you in this one.

Bit of a shock for them. And the erosion of the environment and the destruction of nature continues, and people don't think there will be a price to pay.

One of, if not last ( i don't know ) people who lived normal life in harmony of nature are being forced out of their ways because of few billionaires. This makes me wonna throw up, disgusting greedy world.

In article it is said that they are accused of hurting people... I would accuse that people for ruining their way of life. If only they had power to kill anyone who comes close to them, it's only way to preserve them self in this greedy world. Meh, tourist guide... '' go see this natives, it will cost you only few $$$ ''. b*******.

That people are giving them things made me wince. That creates dependency and destroys motivation. In my culture it is thought that the best way to be reborn a demon in the next life is to be so generous people depend on you in this one.

I have found that if you are generous enough for people to depend on you THEY quickly turn into demons.

• Like 3

Their paradise, lost.

not quite 'lost.....'

from the article-

QUOTE-

" Illegal logging and gold mining have destroyed an

estimated 55,000 hectares (136,000 acres) of

forest in the region, which has the highest output

of illegally mined gold in Peru — the largest gold

producer in Latin America and fifth-largest in the

world."

more 'stolen......'

if I understand the quote correctly, then the largest gold producer in South America, and the fifth largest gold producing operation in the world, is a completely illegal concern.

the world's fifth largest.

how the hell did THAT happen hmm...?

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1