Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mum shaves son's hair for Cancer benefit scam

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Mother shaved off son's hair and eyebrows in cancer scam to claim £55,000 benefits.

A shameless mother shaved her son's head and EYEBROWS to fool officials into thinking he had cancer so she could claim £55,000 in benefits.

The woman, from the Stroud area of Gloucestershire, pretended her son was on chemotherapy for three years, starting when her son was four years old.

But now she is facing prison after she admitted child cruelty, fraud and forgery.

http://www.parentdis.../?ncid=webmail6

#2    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Unbelievable that anyone would go to such lengths, I hope the boy is permanently adopted by a family who deserve him.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

I have to wonder what is gained by putting her in prison. My solution: take the son from her (clearly they did), but then make her work to pay the scammed money and donate it to someone truly in need. Then maybe put her in prison.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

The can hardly be anyone who hasn't been touched by cancer in some way. Chances are that I'f you've made it to 30 you'll have known someone fairly close who'se been claimed by it.
And every parent knows how you worry about you kids getting ill.
To pretend your own son has cancer to get beneits is just horrible.

But that little kid won't blame her, she's his mum and now he might lose her.
He's the biggest victim here and he's going to suffer whatever punishment she gets alongside her.

#5    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

What I have to wonder is how did she get the benefits without any knid of diagnosis? What do the benefit guys just take your word and a handshake as proof for that? Geez talk about rose colored glasses

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#6    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostGrey14, on 04 October 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

What I have to wonder is how did she get the benefits without any knid of diagnosis? What do the benefit guys just take your word and a handshake as proof for that? Geez talk about rose colored glasses

I agree but imagine the bad publicity if the benefits office was percieved to be being 'overzealous' by making a child cancer victim prove he was actually ill?

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,348 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

See, if it was something like Muchaussen By Proxy then we'd be feeling sorry for everyone involved, but this is just greed.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#8    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

That's appalling, how horrible.

#9    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

This was around 5 years ago and would never happen now. It is almost impossible to claim Employment and Support Allowance since the government brought Atos into the fold. Actually, there are thousands of legitimate claims for this benefit that are now dismissed, almost out of hand, resulting in thousands of people and families living at or near the poverty lines. Panorama and Dispatches have done some enlightening documentaries on the subject.

http://www.dailyreco...s-admit-1344278

The mother here should be jailed and steralised.

#10    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,410 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

I

View PostLady Kasey, on 04 October 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I have to wonder what is gained by putting her in prison. My solution: take the son from her (clearly they did), but then make her work to pay the scammed money and donate it to someone truly in need. Then maybe put her in prison.

I've never understood why people who are found guilty of fraud, or theft, are never made to pay back the amount they stole on top of whatever punishment the courts decide.  They may not be able to but they can at least be forced to pay a little per month. Forever if need be.  A reminder that stealing is bad and the rest of us ain't mugs.

#11    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 04 October 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

I agree but imagine the bad publicity if the benefits office was percieved to be being 'overzealous' by making a child cancer victim prove he was actually ill?

And I would agree with you. However common sense says that you should at least be required to have a diagnosis from your doctor.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#12    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,410 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 05 October 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

This was around 5 years ago and would never happen now. It is almost impossible to claim Employment and Support Allowance since the government brought Atos into the fold. Actually, there are thousands of legitimate claims for this benefit that are now dismissed, almost out of hand, resulting in thousands of people and families living at or near the poverty lines. Panorama and Dispatches have done some enlightening documentaries on the subject.

You may find this interesting, my friend.  I doubt you'll be surprised though.
"Pressure is growing on the Government to disclose the full extent of fraud and misconduct within the back-to-work industry after it emerged that more than 100 cases of alleged wrongdoing at providers, besides crisis-hit A4e, had been investigated in the past six years."
http://www.telegraph...aud-claims.html

The "Establishment" is rotten to the core.

#13    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 04 October 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

You should check it out now. You don't get benefit for terminal cancer unless you're on a certain kind of chemo. You have to work (or at least not recieve ESA) until your dying day if you are able to even simply push a button with one finger. This is all Atos say you need to find a job. One working finger that is capable of pushing a button, then you're thrown away and left to find a job. I'm unsure of how many button pushing jobs there are out there?

For further reading (and watching if you can find the video to go with the article online): http://www.channel4....eporter-feature

Eldorado - I agree totally. Our entire system is ruined.

#14    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostGrey14, on 05 October 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

And I would agree with you. However common sense says that you should at least be required to have a diagnosis from your doctor.

I assumed that she had some forged documents?

#15    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 05 October 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

I assumed that she had some forged documents?

Easy to pull off -
1. A woman takes her sick child to hospital where cancer is diagnosed.
2. She starts claiming benefits for it.
3. A friend living in another town borrows the child as their own, gets a seperate cancer diagnosis, then claims benefits too.
4. So long as people live in different areas using different hospitals the child can be reused several times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users