Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who was the best Batman?

OverSword

Who was the best Batman  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Batman

• Adam West
    • Michael Keaton
    • Val Kilmer
    • George Clooney
    • Christian Bale
    • Kevin Conroy

Choose your favorite Batman actor.

Edited by OverSword

Kevin Conroy is the best Batman. I know he's not on the poll, I don't care, he's still Batman to me. Or at the very least, he is Batman's voice. :P

Edited by DanteHoratio
  • Like 1

Due to popular demand and my own sympathies, Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in the animated series as well as various justice league animated series and movies as well as multiple animated movies, has been added to the poll.

• Like 2

I dunno who voted Keaton,

Bu let me tell you why you're almost right.

He was the best Bruce Wayne, in that he got that Bruce and batman were two separate mindsets to portray.

He didnt have the physicality that Bale did as Batman.

Still.... voted Conroy

• Like 1

To be honest, I though Christian Bale did great as Bruce Wayne, I just don't think he made a good Batman. All of the Batmen were better than Bat Clooney, tho.

I tempted to choose George Clooney just for a goof. What was it about horrible movies at that time and taco bell endorsement?

i will freely admit that i prefer 1960's camp batman to any of the more serious versions.

pow!

• Like 6

I would never have voted Adam West had I not seen an infomercial last Saturday. Adam was selling the 1960's series and the 1966 movie plus other stuff for five easy payments of $19.99. Incredibly that series has never been released until now. As I was watching it and remembering all the really stupid crap that made that show so good I realized that more than any other actor Adam West owned the part. He made it something completely original and different and became more iconic than the comic books had even done to that time. It was only after the contrast of Adam West's Batman that the real Batman developed into the character that we know and fear today, due to the writing efforts of the comics trying to drown out the campy version. But really West's Batman has 1000 times more character than any other.

i will freely admit that i prefer 1960's camp batman to any of the more serious versions.

pow!

Excellent! WHAM!
  • Like 1

Another beautiful thing about that 60's series was the caliber of actor that actually lowered themselves to play villains on it. I think the over the top style was actually a challenge. Cesar Romero as the Joker, Burgess Meredith as the Penguin, Vincent Price as Egg Head, Otto Preminger as Mr. Freeze, Eartha Kit as Cat Woman and my personal fave the great Frank Gorshin as the Riddler (what a great talent that guy was), cameos by every big pop and cultural name of the day.......The show ruled, and Adam West was a big reason why. IMHO of course.

• Like 4

Adam West, without a doubt. (I just voted.)

He didn't have the best costume tailor in the 60's, but he did 'Simpsons' voice-overs! That, and he's still alive after all these years.

KAPOW!

• Like 1

Another beautiful thing about that 60's series was the caliber of actor that actually lowered themselves to play villains on it. I think the over the top style was actually a challenge. Cesar Romero as the Joker, Burgess Meredith as the Penguin, Vincent Price as Egg Head, Otto Preminger as Mr. Freeze, Eartha Kit as Cat Woman and my personal fave the great Frank Gorshin as the Riddler (what a great talent that guy was), cameos by every big pop and cultural name of the day.......The show ruled, and Adam West was a big reason why. IMHO of course.

i think that's right. i think I remember reading that some of the more serious and big name actors enjoyed the opportunity to be on the show. it gave them the opportunity to over act and let loose that they usually didn't get elsewhere.

pow!

I agree completely.

Harte

From what I've read, those famous actors had a great time playing their parts and enjoyed every minute of it.

I think Frank Gorshin (not one of the "famous" actors) was utterly underrated and was left behind by the entertainment industry, IMO.

Harte

• Like 2

My favorite is Adam West, but, I also really like Michael Keaton's version of Batman.

• Like 2

From what I've read, those famous actors had a great time playing their parts and enjoyed every minute of it.

I think Frank Gorshin (not one of the "famous" actors) was utterly underrated and was left behind by the entertainment industry, IMO.

Harte

He was a truly great performer IMO. His part in Star Trek TOS as Commissioner Beale of the planet Charon was simply brilliant overacting.
  • Like 1

You can't compare the original (hilariously camp) Batman with the dark/fantasy movies that followed.

I prefer the 1960's Batman and Robin -- the dynamic comedy duo.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

As pure fun goes and actors hamming it up then Adam West was the best for me along with Burgess Meredith as Penguin and Ceasar Romero as joker.

But I suppose for the later Dark Batman Movies then it has to be Christian Bale.....

Ceasar Romero as joker.

Still my preferred Joker. Of all the actors to play him in live action, I found him to be genuinely unsettling in his manic glee.

My vote goes for Val Kimler, only because he is my favorite from the list but i don't remember older movies enough to vote for Batman.

But, as for Joker.. Heath Ledger was natural, best one. Too bad he is gone :(

The other Batman actors needed rubber suits to look more buff while Adam West had the guts to fill out his costume more naturally. I still prefer Kevin Conroy as Batman's voice though.

Adam West .. but mainly because that series was so good. It was silly, and it was supposed to be silly. *BLONK*!!*

Frank Gorshin "overacted" everything didn't he ? :w00t:

My favorite Joker has got to be Jack Nicholson .

Frank Gorshin was an extremely gifted impressionist. That was his gig. Movies and TV shows were his house payment.

Harte

• Like 1