Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Soule's Chapel, Somerset, KY

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    cphtchic

cphtchic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:13 AM

JustNormal on Dec 12 2007, 04:17 PM, said:

WOW I am skeeered of EVP's anyway, but you sure got some great shots. Good job..JN

Thanks JN! I can honestly say we never expected to get all of the evidence that we did at Soule's Chapel. I have a good team working with me and it seemed like the spirits responded well to our energy.

#17    Somerset Paranormal

Somerset Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:27 AM

We have investigates Soule's Chapel numourous times.  It is kind of like home for my investigation team.  Anytime we are not doing something else or when we just feel the need to return to a familiar place we go to soules chapel.  Now I know your thinking why would you continuouly go back to the same place.  Everytime we return to the chapel we pick up just a little more.  We are hoping that one day we will pick up some valuable evidence that is undeniable.  We have caught all kinds of evp's and some awesome pics that are on our website.  www.freewebs.com/somparanormal

#18    Sucker

Sucker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• "Always the summers are slipping away...Find me a way for making them stay..."

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

I was looking at the Great Soule's Photo from the Kentucky Spirit Hunters' website in Photoshop, and boosted brightness & contrast and holy crap, that is one terrifying photo.

linked-image

I clearly see the upper half of an almost demonic face. I can clearly see the small pinpoint pupil like in the Scary Soule's photo. In fact, there's a dot similar to it up and right of the freaky face.

Great shots, man. Scary as hell! How did you feel about the atmosphere there?

Edited by Sucker, 09 March 2008 - 10:48 PM.

Collapse the Light into Earth
Posted Image

#19    BillScott

BillScott

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Long time, no see buddy.

#20    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

If you are going all the way to Somerset .. why not come up here to Booger Hollow and play around.

With Soule's Chapel link onto ky shadow chasers I believe that they are set up in Somerset and may be able to give you some info on this place ... yet I say Booger Hollow all the way!!!!

#21    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:37 PM

View PostSomerset Paranormal, on 09 March 2008 - 06:27 AM, said:

We have investigates Soule's Chapel numourous times.  It is kind of like home for my investigation team.  Anytime we are not doing something else or when we just feel the need to return to a familiar place we go to soules chapel.  Now I know your thinking why would you continuouly go back to the same place.  Everytime we return to the chapel we pick up just a little more.  We are hoping that one day we will pick up some valuable evidence that is undeniable.  We have caught all kinds of evp's and some awesome pics that are on our website.  www.freewebs.com/somparanormal
Somerset paranormal ... nice.

If you want a "sacred" place to visit ... respond and I will spill the beans on Booger Hollow up here near the Red River Gorge.
If you are serious about the paranormal and live this close ... you would be crazy not to visit ...  :tu:

#22    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

View PostIgnus Fatuus, on 28 February 2010 - 03:37 PM, said:

Somerset paranormal ... nice.

If you want a "sacred" place to visit ... respond and I will spill the beans on Booger Hollow up here near the Red River Gorge.
If you are serious about the paranormal and live this close ... you would be crazy not to visit ...  :tu:

I was at Red River Gorge this past fall. I'll have to head back in the spring. Care to share?

#23    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:15 AM

View Postebonycrow, on 28 February 2010 - 11:08 PM, said:

I was at Red River Gorge this past fall. I'll have to head back in the spring. Care to share?
Not at all and I will give you some details also on how sacred that the RR Gorge was regarded to the Native Americans ... many, many tribes through many, many centuries buried many, many Natives here.  It is also known for the amount of Native American Chiefs who were taken here from many hunderds of miles away to be buried.  

I will gather my information etc. together and send it to you.  I will also post it here for anyone else close enough to give it a try.
The Red River Gorge and its near surrounding area is the reason why I can seriously state this ... I have never chased after the paranormal, the paranormal is all around me.  Never hunted the paranormal ... the not normal found me.  

And the best thing about it is the fact that it is relatively unknown in regards to being haunted.  Only the locals know .. well do not know, but know about the things which go bump in the night around here.    Is it hauted???  I do not know.  The orbs, Shadow People and accoustic bangs around here could be due to the Native American gravesites, or it could be that these orbs, SP's, bangs were here before the Natives and this is why they held it so sacred and buried many dead here.  

Ever sit by yourself in the middle of an indian burial ground, three miles from the nearest house???  This is not macho for me as the house I grew up in is in the middle of these woods yet, when you go to the right places here ... screwy things just happen.   Have a dentist appointment in the morning ...  <_< , I'll get back as soon as I can.

#24    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

Thanks. :) It's not very far at all from where I live, I think I'll consider it again for a spring break vacation. We were there last year, but didn't do much except hiking, I think this will give us a good excuse to do a bit more. I'm interested in hearing whatever else you might know about the history of the land.

#25    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

View Postebonycrow, on 03 March 2010 - 03:43 PM, said:

Thanks. :) It's not very far at all from where I live, I think I'll consider it again for a spring break vacation. We were there last year, but didn't do much except hiking, I think this will give us a good excuse to do a bit more. I'm interested in hearing whatever else you might know about the history of the land.
You bet and I would love sharing it.  Most of this is just theories which I have discovered, yet the striking correlations between these theories and this place are remarkable.  The history is kind of shaded since Native Americans did not have written records, yet much has been discovered that points out the vast history of this area such as Natural Bridge State Park also here.  The Cherokees held the area underneath the Natural Bridge Arch as sacred.  This bridge is actually just south of the Red River Gorge and about two linear miles north of many of these gravesites.

I will send you what I know in a message.  As I have told others through messages, this would not be like your normal excursions but would be very benificial to come and enjoy.  I'll send it soon ... as for now breaks over and here comes my homeroom.  Time to go home ....    :D

#26    michelleross_22

michelleross_22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

On Saturday August 4, 2012 my husband, daughter, her friend and myself wanted to do a little investigating at Soul's Chaple here in Somerset. Although we didn't stay but like 10-15 minutes I took several pictures and these are just a few pictures that I found intresting. The first is one that was taken shortly after we got there and in it you can see a few of orbs but the second is one that I can't really figure out. Just a the camera flashed I saw this and admit it kinda freaked me out so I immediatley took another one and it was gone. I'd appericate any insight to these pics that you may have.

My email is *Snip* I have more pictures if you would be intrested in just email me and I will email them out.

Attached Files

Edited by Karlis, 13 August 2012 - 04:39 PM.
Personl E-mails, phone numbers, etc., should not be posted in threads

#27    michelleross_22

michelleross_22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Here's a few pictures I have from Soul's Chapel tell me what you think of them. There is more from the night I just thought these were the best.

Attached Files

#28    greywolf

greywolf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'm from kentucky too and did'nt know about this place. i have been through Somerset several times but never heard anybody mention it. sounds like a good spot to check out. :cat:

#29    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,433 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

View Postmichelleross_22, on 07 August 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Here's a few pictures I have from Soul's Chapel tell me what you think of them. There is more from the night I just thought these were the best.

Too small for me to say anything other than nice smoke pic.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users