Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man Takes 5 yr Old hostage

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

View Postaztek, on 31 January 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

sorry but in usa you don't have that right. but you are welcome to post a link proving me wrong.
and no one says sickos like that should have any guns, or be on the streets at all.
first listen to what opposition is saying, before telling how wrong they are, unless your goal is to spread lies, in that case you are in a good company, we have others here with same agenda.
I have not only read what is being said on this site, but on CNN and other new sites.  And that is what is being said by some: the rights of US citizens to own guns is so important above all else, even if some crazies have guns.  The RIGHT to bear arms is the end all be all argument rather than looking at why they need to bear arms in the first place.  If everyone NEEDS to own guns for their own protection....then that society needs to look long and hard at itself and see how to reverse this.  I am scared for the citizens of the US.  I don't want to see a civil war that would kill thousands of innocents when it could have been avoided by people actually lustening to the other side and BOTH sides makes concessions.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#17    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,743 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 31 January 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

I have not only read what is being said on this site, but on CNN and other new sites.  And that is what is being said by some: the rights of US citizens to own guns is so important above all else, even if some crazies have guns.  The RIGHT to bear arms is the end all be all argument rather than looking at why they need to bear arms in the first place.  If everyone NEEDS to own guns for their own protection....then that society needs to look long and hard at itself and see how to reverse this.  I am scared for the citizens of the US.  I don't want to see a civil war that would kill thousands of innocents when it could have been avoided by people actually lustening to the other side and BOTH sides makes concessions.
well you miised everythng than, or just can't get it.

we don't want sickos and felons to have guns, we don't even want them walking the streets, we want those that are not sickos and felons have guns. pretty simple really. we have been saying it all along , but you choose to listen to your idea of what we said.

Edited by aztek, 31 January 2013 - 07:41 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#18    chromefox

chromefox

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 31 January 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

There was no need for that....People here are taking in interest in the story itself.. And now in comes someone to yack on about gun owners.. Give it a rest, we already have a dozen threads for that..

This thread is about a little boy snatched from a school bus by someone who obviously has mental problems ... It is not about  gun owners v's anti gun... Now this will kick off a whole new debate  ( to add to the pile that already exists ) on the second amendment and anti gunners...Obama will get a mention next,  somebody will be sure to fart out a conspiracy....sigh lol

Well i am allowed my views and if you don't like i believe thats called tough crap, yes i feel for the boy bloody hell what heartless sod wouldn't but fact remains its another head case who just happens to be an american with a gun..

im all for people having guns as my father goes clay pidgeon shooting with an under an over shotgun but correct me if im wrong dont things like gun shows let people buy them with no need of proof or checks an such?! and since when did assault weapons start being used for hunting? it baffles the mind and also i have to wonder how many headcases are slipping through the system and why nothing seems to be done to notice them before its too late

i can only hope though that boy doesnt suffer at the hands of a headcase

Edited by chromefox, 31 January 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#19    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

The word hostage usually implies a ransom. I don't know what this psycho has proposed to the negotiators, but if it was my child I think I would just quote him some lines from Mel Gibsons movie Ransom;

"This, this is what waits for the man that took him. This is your ransom. Two million dollars. But this is as close as you'll ever get to it. You'll never see one dollar of this money, because no ransom will ever be paid for my son. Not a dime, not one penny. Instead, I'm offering this money as a reward on your head. Dead or alive, it doesn't matter. So congratulations, you just became a two million dollar lottery ticket."

#20    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

View Postchromefox, on 31 January 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Well i am allowed my views

I didn't say your views weren't allowed, but you were not addressing the actual story at hand..

yes i feel for the boy bloody hell what heartless sod wouldn't

Oh yes, I noticed that instantly with your first post..!!

its another head case who just happens to be an american with a gun..   

But the highlight and what stands out more so is the concern for the little boy...The majority of the people reading it here, are more concerned with that

i can only hope though that boy doesnt suffer at the hands of a headcase   

As does everyone else here...   My questions lead to - Why did he do it? ...And what will he do to this boy?  I guess only time will tell

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 31 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

View Postredhen, on 31 January 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

The word hostage usually implies a ransom. I don't know what this psycho has proposed to the negotiators, but if it was my child I think I would just quote him some lines from Mel Gibsons movie Ransom;

"This, this is what waits for the man that took him. This is your ransom. Two million dollars. But this is as close as you'll ever get to it. You'll never see one dollar of this money, because no ransom will ever be paid for my son. Not a dime, not one penny. Instead, I'm offering this money as a reward on your head. Dead or alive, it doesn't matter. So congratulations, you just became a two million dollar lottery ticket."

Not all ransoms are about exchange for money...  It seems to be something else... He knew he was wanted for other charges, so could it be he is holding the boy  as if to say  ( in his own mental state of mind ) . You cant take me, I have this boy, if you try and make me face the charges, I will hurt him.. ?   It might not make sense, then again, he is one that comes off as someone who is not of sound mind... So who knows?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#22    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

The real issue isn't violent video games or guns its the fact in the US mental illness is ignored.  In the past years cuts have been made for such programs.  Someone in authority should of paid attention to the way this man was acting a long time ago and made him take a mental evaluation.  If this had of happen in this case and others many people would be alive now that wasn't.  Then there's the number one area where deaths occur from gun violence and that is gang bangers.  Which is another area that isn't addressed properly by officials.

I just hope and pray this little boy isn't harmed because of mental illness that should of been dealt with a long time ago.

#23    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,722 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

There are very few state mental hospitals anymore. That means you have to have insurance to get into a private one. It's very difficult to get someone admitted to either one though. It's a sad state.

#24    chromefox

chromefox

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

View Postaztek, on 31 January 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

oh look another clown, entertainer

oh look another smartass

#25    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

I really wish families had more say when it comes to mental health.

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

#26    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

I can't believe that little boy is still being held hostage.  I hope he isn't being treated badly

In the state where I live a senator said our main mental hospital was in horrible shape.  She said it reminded her of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest only worse.  Plus there is only a little over 600 psychiatrists in the state and its hard to get in to see one especially if you don't have money.  I don't think most insurance will pay for seeing a psychiatrist.  I may be wrong about that.

#27    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

600 psychiatrists in the state

Thats hard to believe considering the number of people that major in psychology in college. I suppose the jobs arent there for the number of people with degrees

#28    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Seems lots of my arguments are being proven by the news lately, cause and effect happening, with my suggestions starting to sink in to everyone that comments. It is mostly common sense, but some others lack it during time of emotional turmoil.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#29    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

This is unfolding about 200 KM from my hometown.  So far no motive or demands have been made public.  He is uniformly despised as a sick, mean spirited person by his neighbors and I fear that if this is his personality then the longer this goes on the less chance that 5 year old will ever live to see 6.  I can understand that people are under far more stress these days because of the economy and the 24/7 bad news from all over the world, but when a person takes it into their mind to intentionally target the only remaining innocents on the planet?  THAT IS EVIL at work.  God help the child and give his family strength to bear their crisis.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#30    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,308 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 02 February 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Thats hard to believe considering the number of people that major in psychology in college. I suppose the jobs arent there for the number of people with degrees
Psychology is the study of the way the brain works, psycharitry is the treatment of disorders in the way the brain works.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users