Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stupid Things You've Done

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

It all started for me before I was born when God asked me what sort of brain I wanted. I thought He said "train" so I asked for a slow one!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#17    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,545 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postealdwita, on 04 February 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

It all started for me before I was born when God asked me what sort of brain I wanted. I thought He said "train" so I asked for a slow one!

Well he got that wrong didn't he!

Posted Image

#18    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 04 February 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Well he got that wrong didn't he!

Don't quite know how to take that!Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#19    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,414 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Didn't trust my intuition...found out I was correct 12 years later. I'll never get those 12 years back.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#20    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

View Postealdwita, on 04 February 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

God asked me about what type of brain I wanted? I thought he said pain, and said no thanks lol :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#21    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostLilly, on 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Didn't trust my intuition...found out I was correct 12 years later. I'll never get those 12 years back.

Ouch! I feel your pain Lilly. :(  

Since the title of this thread isn't The Most Stupid Thing You've Done I'll just post the following:

Umm..... Errr.... Uhh....

On second thought, forget it. There's nothing I can post on a family friendly forum that won't get me banned for life. :blink:

#22    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

The most stupid thing i have ever done would be if i even put a top 10 of stupid things i have done on the internet haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#23    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Are we limited to just one thing?

I've done more stupid things than I care to say. I had a dear friend tell me before I married the woman I married, ".....take a good hard look at her mother, because whether you believe it or not when gets to be that age you're going to get about eighty-five percent of what her mother is now." Naturally, I was all in love and naive and married her anyway. Now I'm happily divorced.....broke and working at a job I hate with no future and happy as I can be.

#24    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,727 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

I was a barista and put the cup of coffee I just made in front of the cash register.. I typed in the codes and when the "cha-ching" thing happened and the tray popped out the coffee fell on the floor. The customer wasnt amused and I felt dumb.

I also got my hair caught in a paper folding machine.

Also.. I used to wear those long fake fingernails and one of them came off but I stuck it back on with a bandaid. I worked at a restaraunt called Steamers which had a window on one side for serving ice-cream to people walking by (this is in the tourist district) so I was at the ice-cream counter waiting on a customet and my fingernail, bandaid and all fell off and landed right on top of the scoop. It would have been perfectly placed if it were a cherry. Luckily the customer didnt notice, I kinda just flicked it off and handed it to them anyway.

Also at the same job I lifted a lid off a steam pot and burned my wrist so bad I needed bandages, people thought I tried to kill myself because of the placement of my removed skin.. I had a scar for like 10 years, it finally went away.

I have other dumb stuff... but theres some dumb work stories for you...

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#25    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,727 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Oh but I was smart and never got married :) that's why I've never been divorced!

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#26    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 05 February 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

*snip*

It would have been perfectly placed if it were a cherry. Luckily the customer didnt notice, I kinda just flicked it off and handed it to them anyway.

That was funny. :w00t:

#27    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Turned all the furniture in a house upside down and replaced all the photo's with a really goofy one of myself...then my sister caught me...it was her house.

Pop-shoved-it off a ledge to big for me as a kid on a skateboard and took the nose right to my bouncy balls (to put it mildly), it was like p***ing glass for a week.

I once found a box of matches. As I was walking past a factory, mindlessly striking them an tossing them away, I failed to notice they were all landing on the dry dead grass around said factory (it was also a hot summers day) and only realized my (hilarious) idiocy when I came back past the factory and witnessed about 10 gruff factory workers battering three foot high flames with spades in a feeble attempt to put it out...oh how I laughed.

Convinced myself I loved a girl when I was sixteen...just no.

I once took a Valium (trouble sleeping) at night and woke up in a laundry basket but ******* hell it was comfy, even if everyone was wondering where the hell I went.

Serious one for srys'ness: Left all friends behind and went it alone although months later most of them sorta' weened their way back. Felt good at the time but I felt like a **** all the same.

Non serious: Sneaked into a farmers field to pick spuds (welcome to Ireland) and got shot in the **** and back by a hot rice gun by culchies (Rednecks to you Americaners).

Edited by Sean93, 05 February 2013 - 10:42 PM.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#28    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Another is my friends and I were walking in the woods so I ran ahead and darted around to scare one of the girls, she had an oak walking stick. I never thought she was the type of person to swing, well I popped up behind and grabbed her shoulder and smack. Out Cold. Next school year she tried out for field hockey and did quite well.

#29    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

I once lit my entire back yard on fire, one dry summer, when I shot a flaming arrow and missed the target. It hit the dry grass in the back of my yard, when I saw that it lit the grass on fire I ran to the other side of the fence to stop the fire from spreading to the woods behind my yard. By the time I stopped the fire from getting into the woods it was half way to the house, and by the time I got to the hose and put it out it was about 5 feet from the house. The fire didn't get very high and I think it would have went out when it got to the house, but I was not going to take any chances.

The irony is my house burnt down 5 years later (may have been my fault).

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#30    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

This takes the biscuit for sheer stupidity...

Instead of going down a water slide I actually clambered up it.
You could say it was a bit of apprehension after the first time.
Because I honestly felt I was going to drown when the water and foam got in my mouth.
But as soon as I got over my fears the second plunge wasn't actually that daunting.
Tbh I think that knock to my head was affecting my judgment.

This incident happened at the Sandcastle for my sins.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users