Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favorite Music Artists

Deimos

There's a lot of good music out there, but who are your favorite artists, and why?

For me, my personal favorites are:

Rap

DMX- Because he speaks on so many areas of life, his stuff is fresh and original, and he's deep. He aslo has good beats, and good lyrics

user posted image

Xzibit- Same reasons for liking DMX

user posted image

Lil' Scrappy- Has great rhymes, and great beats. He's not bigheaded like some rappers.

user posted image

Rock

Linkin Park- there stuff is cool, and it's not wild like some rock. All their stuff is good

user posted image

Rob Zombie- Even though he's a weird character, his music is cool, it gets you pumped up.

user posted image

I have a lot of other favorites, but there are too many to list.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janiel

• Canadian Rottweiler

• Deimos

• salembaby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorites are Linkin park,eminem,slipknot,metallica,sum 41,blink 182,and many more...

Eminem?!?!?! Canadian please don't tell me you like him! Of all the rappers, Eminem is one of the ones I hate the most. People like him becasue his stuff is silly or "funny", but I can't stand his rhymes, although he has 2 good songs. He also has some good beats. I like rappers who are real to life. But the rest are all good thumbsup.gif

Evanescence, Hot Goth chick, awsome guitar works, unique and deep lyrics....what else do you need...? grin2.gif

I've been watching you from a distance

The distance sees through your disguise

All I want from you is your hurting

I want to heal you

I want to save you from the dark

user posted image

Godsmack, Hardcore metal band....with some of the best lyrics i have ever heard, that and they can actually sing tongue.gif

Tragic visions slowly stole my life

Tore away everything

Cheating me out of my time

I'm the one who loves you

No matter wrong or right

And every day I hold you

I hold you with my inner child

user posted image

Red Hot Chili Peppers, they can rap, they can rock. They can be serious, they can be damned funny.... completely in a league of their own...they've been around for over 20 years....and they'll be around for 20 more

http://www.fantom-xp.com/wallpapers_music1...i_peppers_1.jpg

I heard your voice through a photograph

I thought it up it brought up the past

Once you know you can never go back

I've got to take it on the otherside

Centuries are what it meant to me

A cemetery where I marry the sea

Stranger things could never change my mind

I've got to take it on the otherside

Take it on the otherside

Take it on

Take it on

System of a Down, Probably the only other metal band i've heard that actually sings, S.O.A.D. has some of the creepiest lyrics i've heard, but nothing can touch the originality of them, and they way they can make you use your imagination...

pic

The piercing radiant moon,

The storming of poor June,

All the life running through her hair,

Approaching guiding light,

Our shallow years in fright,

Dreams are made winding through my head,

Through my head,

Before you know, Awake,

Your lives are open wide,

The V-chip gives them sight,

All the life running through her hair,

The spiders all in tune,

The evening of the moon,

Dreams are made winding through my head,

Through my head,

Before you know, Awake

(SOLO)

Through my head,

Before you know,

Before you know I will be waiting all awake,

Dreams are made winding through her hair,

Dreams are made winding through her hair.

Last, but definitely not least....

Weird Al, personally, i think he needs no introduction....

He's been teasing other bands for years, never making a boring song, always freaking funny, and it never gets old....

user posted image

It’s unintel-ligible

I just can’t get it through my skull

It’s hard to bargle nawdle zouss(? )

With all these marbles in my mouth

Don’t know, don’t know, don’t know, oh no

Don’t know, don’t know, don’t know...

Well, we don’t sound like madonna

Here we are now, we’re nirvana

Sing distinctly? we don’t wanna

Buy our album, we’re nirvana

A garage band from seattle

Well, it sure beats raising cattle

Yeah

And I forgot the next verse

Oh well, I guess it pays to rehearse

The lyric sheet’s so hard to find

What are the words? oh, nevermind

Don’t know, don’t know, don’t know, oh no

Don’t know, don’t know, don’t know...

Edited by Thistle

I love Massive Attack...

user posted image

Gomez...

user posted image

user posted image

Evanescence (She has an amazing voice!)

user posted image

Nickelback...

user posted image

Just to name a few!

I love Bone Thugs

They're really tallented rappers and their songs have great beats and lyrics.

user posted image

My fav out of the group is Bizzy bone (i love fast rappers). For a really cool clip type this in Kazaa and download - "Bone thugs rap city freestyle". It's a big file but it shows how good he is. He's freestyle rapping for over a minute!

Mmm...

My favs are:

Beastie Boys:I just can't hate them. Everytime I think they're done, they appear with some wacky new beat that keeps me amused for weeks grin2.gif

user posted image

Norah Jones: to say the least, her voice calms me everytime I' mad. Best song: "Come Away with me" (and she's coming to Chile YAY clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

user posted image

Alicia Keys: Same reasons as Norah Jones.

user posted image

Led Zeppelin: They're geniuses, let's leave it at that.

user posted image

Queen:Same reason I love Led Zeppelin.

user posted image

The Beatles: Where would we be if it weren't by them?

user posted image

Slipknot: Everytime I wanna have my blood pumped, these are the guys to call. Best songs: "The Blister Exists" and "Vermillion"

user posted image

Rob Zombie: Same reason I love Slipknot. Best songs: "More human than human", "Scum of the Earth", "Superbeast", "Two-Lane Blacktop", "Re-load" and many more.

user posted image

I'm a little bit short of time, so I'll post more later. thumbsup.gif

AC/DC

user posted image

Need I say more devil.gif

My favorites are:

Jimi Hendrix - The man was creative

Rage against the machine - Listen to the words and then do some research

Beethoven - Genius

Of course there are many others, but these are the three that stick out right now.

Hmm. should this thread be here?

Eminem?!?!?! Canadian please don't tell me you like him! Of all the rappers, Eminem is one of the ones I hate the most. People like him becasue his stuff is silly or "funny", but I can't stand his rhymes, although he has 2 good songs. He also has some good beats. I like rappers who are real to life. But the rest are all good thumbsup.gif

329930[/snapback]

I do like eminem.I HATE other rap.Eminem is the only rapper that I think is cool and has good music. grin2.gif

My good Janiel, we have the same likes in music. Plus I love Black Sabbath, Metallica, Blink 182 and um, Led Zepplin of course

metallica...... is not that good. listen to the allman brothers if you like talented guitarists

*tries to stop forcing people to listen to allman brothers*

329930[/snapback]

I do like eminem.I HATE other rap.Eminem is the only rapper that I think is cool and has good music. grin2.gif

330945[/snapback]

Why do you like Eminem? Eminem is fake. I hate rappers like him. He's not cool, and his rhymes are stupid. and Why do you hate other rap? blink.gif

Edited by Monster Hunter X

Pink Floyd...

They have the all around goodness of a band. They have the mellower stuff, and they got the heavier stuff. They have lyrics that are strange, but good. Whether you want a long song to just rest with, or something to rock with, they're your band.

Picture

The Who...

Another one of the older bands. With one of the best drummers of all time, mixed with one of the best guitar players of all time, mixed with great tunes, lyrics, and beats, this band is one of my favorites. Keith Moon was one of the craziest drummers of all time and always showed it in their songs, playing alongside guitarist Pete Townshend. They have their mellow songs and their more rocking ones as well.

Picture

System of a Down...

Good hardcore sound mixed with the best lyrics about the stupidity of the government, police brutality, and just... weird. Their songs maybe be simple, but the whole sound of it is just awesome (especially from four Armenian adults).

Picture

There are more as well... But I'm tired...

329930[/snapback]

330945[/snapback]

Why do you like Eminem? Eminem is fake. I hate rappers like him. He's not cool, and his rhymes are stupid. and Why do you hate other rap? blink.gif

331068[/snapback]

Just my opinion.The same reason that you don't like eminem.I don't like rap cause it is always the same thing,same music,same lyrics,same annoying music every time.With regular rappers,all they are doing are talking,they don't sing and don't have much talent.

ummmm. damn there's so many i like and they r all such different types. laugh.gif hmmm. depends on my mood. but a few randoms from my collection are;

rammstein

cypress hill

korn

linkin park

prodigy

marilyn manson

live

evanescence

various drum an bass albums

rofl. i said a few. haha. better stop now. happy.gif

I will only name a few of my favorite artists, since, like everyone else, i have too many favorites.

the blood brothers

the locust

refused

das oath

an albatross

at the drive-in

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

by the way, my avatar is a picture of the locust. thumbsup.gif

Edited by riotboy555

ummmm. damn there's so many i like and they r all such different types. laugh.gif hmmm. depends on my mood. but a few randoms from my collection are;

rammstein

cypress hill

korn

linkin park

prodigy

marilyn manson

live

evanescence

various drum an bass albums

rofl. i said a few. haha. better stop now. happy.gif

331275[/snapback]

Those are all awesome bands salembaby thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifgrin2.gif

awww, thanx. i wub them all. and so many more. i'm a band whore. hahaha laugh.gif i'm listenin to the remix i have of prodigy at the mo. wub.gif it's a mix of prodigy and benny benassi's satisfaction.

Just my opinion.The same reason that you don't like eminem.I don't like rap cause it is always the same thing,same music,same lyrics,same annoying music every time.With regular rappers,all they are doing are talking,they don't sing and don't have much talent.

331232[/snapback]

Oh Canadian *Shakes head* you need to get exposed to some real rap, I don;t know, it's probably 'cause I'm black... But anyway, trust me, of all the rappers, Eminem is definitly the worst, he's fake, and ridiculous. He's a joke.

Edited by Monster Hunter X