Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rotweillers vs. pitbulls

VonnaNegra

Me and a friend of mine have a disagreement on which dog is better to have. I say rotweillers because rotwiellers are cute, sweet and protective if u dont abuse them. She says pitbulls are better just because she thinks they are cuter.

~what do u think?

Edited by VonnaNegra

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NME_locus

• eden grange

• VonnaNegra

• TheBoogeyMonster

Me and a friend of mine have a disagreement on which dog is better to have. I say rotweillers because my rotwiellers are cute, sweet and protective if u dont abuse them. She says pitbulls are better just because she thinks they are cuter.

~what do u think?

It depends in what sense you mean "better"?? any dog can be protective of there owner my friends jack russel is a little phsyco and wont let any one near her master then i have a mate who used to own a mastiff and he couldn't give a monkey`s what happened to his boss! Cute is a personal opinion so its hard to call.

It depends in what sense you mean "better"?? any dog can be protective of there owner my friends jack russel is a little phsyco and wont let any one near her master then i have a mate who used to own a mastiff and he couldn't give a monkey`s what happened to his boss! Cute is a personal opinion so its hard to call.

~I meant which one do you prefer. Like if you were buying a dog and you had ta choose between the two, which one would you pick?

~I meant which one do you prefer. Like if you were buying a dog and you had ta choose between the two, which one would you pick?

Well pitbulls are banned in my country for stupid reasons but i like both breeds. i have 3 dogs but if i got another one it would be a english bull terrier

I have a baby rotty named Diamond. She's so loveable, and im not even really a "dog" fan.

Rottys are also police dogs in Germany. This is were the bread came from.

ROTTY.

Moved to the correct section. :tu:

Both dogs when raised properly are loving big sooks.

A pitty (bull breed) will need extra training as they have a higher rate of animal aggression but at the same time bull breeds adore humans.

Pitbulls are more likely to go feral and attack their masters. I'm not a big Rotweller fan either, but if there are only two options, go this one :tu:

Pitbulls are my favorite dogs. I've never encountered a mean one before, though they do sometimes get taught to be savage by their owners. All of the ones I've met though were AWESOME. They are tough as hell. When I was mountain biking in Moab, Utah on the porcupine rim trail....this pit bull kept up with us on the 30 miles in the desert with very little food and water. Overall, they are loyal and nice if you are loyal and nice to them.

I would have to go with Rotwieller just because my friend has two of them and they are great dog's not taking anything away from pitbull because they are cool dogs too, I like Boxer's the most though they are great dogs very playful and very smart and loyal.

At first I thought this thread was gonna be which one would win in a fight kinda thing, oh well, rotwieller(cough cough)

Edited by SAMURAI-X

i dont support animals fighting but i gotta agree, a rotweiller probly would beat a pitbull

Edited by VonnaNegra

[attachmentid=26394]

i dont support animals fighting but i gotta agree, a rotweiller probly would beat a pitbull

Pit bulls, but Im a pit man myself. Got two red noses that think they are human.

But animals respect us as humans in my opinion. And it is all about the way you bring these animals up, to how they will treat humans. Of course these animals might have tendencies to do things towards other animals, but that is their animal instinct. But if you are talking about fighting who would win, a Pitbull any day of the week. If you are talking about what is more loyal, a Pitbull any day of the week.

post-36700-1150602896.jpg

Edited by TheBoogeyMonster

[attachmentid=26394]

Pit bulls, but Im a pit man myself. Got two red noses that think they are human.

But animals respect us as humans in my opinion. And it is all about the way you bring these animals up, to how they will treat humans. Of course these animals might have tendencies to do things towards other animals, but that is their animal instinct. But if you are talking about fighting who would win, a Pitbull any day of the week. If you are talking about what is more loyal, a Pitbull any day of the week.

Dogs are like people theres no one who can say that any type of breed of dog would deff beat another its down to the individual dog and how the fight works out, if a bull breed i.e staffs, pit bulls, english bulls etc manage to lock on then it might win but then if the rottie gets on top first he might win, i've seen a jack russell fragle a big male staff "its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog"

Dogs are like people theres no one who can say that any type of breed of dog would deff beat another its down to the individual dog and how the fight works out, if a bull breed i.e staffs, pit bulls, english bulls etc manage to lock on then it might win but then if the rottie gets on top first he might win, i've seen a jack russell fragle a big male staff "its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog"

Whatever bro rofl..

And staffordshire's are a totally different breed =/.. But yeah, leave it to people that have never owned pitbulls to tell ya about them =).

But really Im not here to talk about dogs fighting eachother, I think anyone that fights their dogs need to be locked in a room and forced to fight to the death, and see what it feels like.

Edited by TheBoogeyMonster

Whatever bro rofl..

And staffordshire's are a totally different breed =/.. But yeah, leave it to people that have never owned pitbulls to tell ya about them =).

But really Im not here to talk about dogs fighting eachother, I think anyone that fights their dogs need to be locked in a room and forced to fight to the death, and see what it feels like.

roll on floor laughing? if you knew anything about pitbulls you would know they were bred from staffs and there very similar dogs so yes I do know what i'm talking about thank you very much.

Whatever bro rofl..

yeah, they should. hate it wen people abuse animals, i know people that have cut their dog's ears off and tighed heavy weights to their necks just to make them look tougher, it made me sick.

Pitbulls all the way!!!

My boyfriend has owned both rotweillers and pitbulls. He prefers the pitbulls too. I remember his rotweiller was so possesive and jealous. She was also very sneaky, she tried to bite me once when i was looking the other way cz she was jealous whenever i was around...man she hated me.

On the other hand, the pitbulls were so loveable and all they ever wanted to do was play. They loved me and respected me and would get so enthusiastic whenever they saw me. Currently, my boyfriend owns a puppy pit and he's the most adorable thing in the world...i love him to bits, he thinks im his mommy lol :wub:

Between the two, I'd go with a rotty. Labs are my fave, tho. :tu:

Me and a friend of mine have a disagreement on which dog is better to have. I say rotweillers because rotwiellers are cute, sweet and protective if u dont abuse them. She says pitbulls are better just because she thinks they are cuter.

~what do u think?

I believe that I am well suited to answer your question because I have had both. My past 15 years have been American Pittbull Terriers. The term "pit" is the dog fighting arena itself. My prize posession is my SORRELLS / YARBOROUGH APBT. His bloodline is bread directly off true authentic breed, one of the fiercest killing machines. This specific SORRELLS name has been around over 100 years of history..

http://www.sorrellspitbulls.com/

Bert Sorrells came from a family of pioneers. His grandfather moved west in a covered wagon with four pitbulls attached to the corners. His interest and love for the American Pitbull Terrier began at an early age. As Bert Sorrells grew, so did his interest in these noble pitbull dogs. Bert Sorrells has gained much of his knowledge from the pitbull dogs he acquired, from both his and others' successes, and from the "Old Timers". He learned the most from digging it our of the dirt of 45 years of experience in breeding and raising the American Pitbull Terrier.

It really depends on what you want in a dog. German Rotts are big better for itimidation with a lighter bite, which still hurts. Which is good....

No one understands that a Pittbulls jaws are even more powerful and to be honest, letterly "bone crushing" bites. Because of un-organised breeding of pittbulls, people steotype and PB's have a bad reputation. Mine is fully attack trained and loves to be around little kids. My little sister can give him commands to "key in on something" and with the point of the finger and "get 'em"... well, he will lock on a shake 'til submission. He is also disciplined as to where I can call him off.

My dog has had to kill a stray Rottweiler intending to attack me... so in defense, I let my dog go when the rott got to close. My smaller dog latched on, and sadly, the rott died due to injury to his neck.

This is my dog's registration name : "Two Face b******"

Bloodline: Frazier (Sorrells / Yarborough )

Reg name: "Two Face b******"

Call name : Face

Weight : 98 pounds

B-day : August 6th

His bloodline info: ( old old bloodline ) http://www.sorrellspitbulls.com/My little baby .....

post-15805-1150828046.jpg

post-15805-1150828146.jpg

post-15805-1150828343.jpg

post-15805-1150828389.jpg

post-15805-1150828685.jpg

Edited by NME_locus

Pitbulls are more likely to go feral and attack their masters. I'm not a big Rotweller fan either, but if there are only two options, go this one :tu:

Have you ever owned a PB?....... i doubt it.

My 11 month old pitbull killed the big rott that tried to attack me. I gave him a command a it was over for the rottweiler.

roll on floor laughing? if you knew anything about pitbulls you would know they were bred from staffs and there very similar dogs so yes I do know what i'm talking about thank you very much.

You are indeed right.

American Pitt Bull Terriers are bread from :

American Staffordshire Terrier ( which is under UKC or AKC )

and

American Bulldogs.

UKC nor AKC recognises APBT as a breed so they are under ABDA registry.

American Dog Breeders Association.

Edited by NME_locus

You were just telling me Staffordshire's were pitbulls. Now pitbulls come from Staffordshire's? I dont need to get into a pitbull knowledge contest with you, because well, google is your friend =).

However since I have now had 3 litters of my own, and have done HEAVY research on temperment, and breeding practices. And you say if I knew anything about pitbulls. Ummm ok guy.. lol. As I said, I own pitbulls, and breed pitbulls. (Well breed when I can, that stuff is STRESSFULL!!!) Now my dogs are bred for temperment. (I strongly believe a dogs temperment is MOSTLY about how the owner raises it, but if a parent dog has been shown agressive, It has no chance at all at getting in my dogs pants, lol)

And also, you are talking to a guy from Texas about pitbulls. I doubt you have ANY idea to extent of how people LOVE pitbulls around here, and how much people actually just know, from being around them so much. So there is no need to say I dont know what Im talking about, when in fact, you are talking to someone who could school you all day on pitbull information.

I believe that I am well suited to answer your question because I have had both. My past 15 years have been American Pittbull Terriers. The term "pit" is the dog fighting arena itself. My prize posession is my SORRELLS / YARBOROUGH APBT. His bloodline is bread directly off true authentic breed, one of the fiercest killing machines. This specific SORRELLS name has been around over 100 years of history..

http://www.sorrellspitbulls.com/

Bert Sorrells came from a family of pioneers. His grandfather moved west in a covered wagon with four pitbulls attached to the corners. His interest and love for the American Pitbull Terrier began at an early age. As Bert Sorrells grew, so did his interest in these noble pitbull dogs. Bert Sorrells has gained much of his knowledge from the pitbull dogs he acquired, from both his and others' successes, and from the "Old Timers". He learned the most from digging it our of the dirt of 45 years of experience in breeding and raising the American Pitbull Terrier.

It really depends on what you want in a dog. German Rotts are big better for itimidation with a lighter bite, which still hurts. Which is good....

No one understands that a Pittbulls jaws are even more powerful and to be honest, letterly "bone crushing" bites. Because of un-organised breeding of pittbulls, people steotype and PB's have a bad reputation. Mine is fully attack trained and loves to be around little kids. My little sister can give him commands to "key in on something" and with the point of the finger and "get 'em"... well, he will lock on a shake 'til submission. He is also disciplined as to where I can call him off.

My dog has had to kill a stray Rottweiler intending to attack me... so in defense, I let my dog go when the rott got to close. My smaller dog latched on, and sadly, the rott died due to injury to his neck.

This is my dog's registration name : "Two Face b******"

Bloodline: Frazier (Sorrells / Yarborough )

Reg name: "Two Face b******"

Call name : Face

Weight : 98 pounds

B-day : August 6th

His bloodline info: ( old old bloodline ) http://www.sorrellspitbulls.com/My little baby .....

Beautiful dog man.. Looks like a Blue.

Personally I preder Rottweilers. When I get my own house my b/f wants a rottweiler and to call it Zakk and I want a labrador. Because The Beast isn't allowed to go with me :( Even though she's mine she likes her routine too much and I don't want to upset her. Also my mum loves her too much to see her go.

As for pitbulls I think they're lovely. I don't care of the bad press. Blame the owner not the breed. I'm not sure of laws regarding PitBulls in Northern Ireland, but there's a guy down my road owns one and a staffy and they're both lovely, always come over tails wagging saying hello to The Beastie. Unfortunately there is a huge problem in NI at the min with people using them for fighting. It disgusts me that people get a kick out of it. Thankfully the USPCA is starting to bust a lot of the rings that run these fights.

Look at my avatar. That is Gus. He is 1/4 malamute(hence the mooneyes) 1/4 german shepherd,and 1/2 timber wolf. He is fiercely loyal to me and my family. He is a honey to us,but does not like outsiders,and he KNOWS who is family and who ain't. He is about 5.

I also have a 1/2 Shepherd 1/2 Eastern Timberwolf who is the same,and a 14 month old Giant German Shepherd. I have the most loyal dogs a man or his family could have. These older two have been with me since pups. Duncan, the 1/2 and 1/2 is 6 1/2. I couldn't ask for better protection. I had a Giant bull mastiff for 4 yrs and Shelley died of stomach cancer and he was my life,I was heartbroken. He was also loyal. And protective. Only experience I have had with pits is idiots fighting them,and I was bitten by one of those and almost had to have rabies shots 6 yrs ago. I will not go thru THAT!

Rotts,only one I was ever around was my brother's. He was a big baby! LOL.