Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Crazy 1981 Rome Ohio Bigfoot incident

rome ohio ron schaffner bigfo

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    para-mythologist

para-mythologist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Greetings!
There will be updated edition of Night Siege and will be give away free of charge.
The forward ws written by Berthold Eric Schwarz, M.D. You can read about
him here:

http://beyondmkultra...ats_new_19.html

He interviewed the author and listened to the raw interview tapes of interviews. There was 8 hours worth. ONLY then did he decide to write the forward.

The author has been in the field now for over 40 years. There is a rich history.

Photos were taken, many of them. Check out the Linda Moulton Howe book:
Mysterious Lights And Crop Circles. go to page 212. See the photo taken in 1995. Note The  swirl effects on the grass. Her book was printed in 2001!

Swirl effects around "footprints" were documented and photographed in Rome Ohio. They were witnessed by at least four other people.
Two photos were taken years before the 1995 photos and publicationed of her book. This case is not related to Night Siege, but is similar. The uncanny synch is startling!
The Rome photos of the swirl had a five toes foodprint in it!

All we ask is that everyone calm down and have patience.

And YES the horse that was injuried was photographed and documented.

Sometimes the paranormal does not make sense. This is Unexplained Mysteries is it not?
If I can figure out how to post attachments I will do so although they may be too big. If that does not work I will try something else.

If people are seriously interested in this subject matter, I wil continue, if not then I will go away from this post.

Thanks for carefully reading.

regards.

Para-Mythologist.

#17    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 4,026 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postpara-mythologist, on 12 April 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

All we ask is that everyone calm down and have patience.

We're talking about a series of events that allegedly happened forty years ago and were so unbelievable and so poorly investigated that no other investigators have bothered to even mention it much less reference it. I doubt anyone cares about it enough to get excited about it.

BTW, you'll see these swirls in tall grass everywhere. They are usually created by small animals nesting in it.

#18    para-mythologist

para-mythologist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

read the forward to Night Siege! I'll be back...

#19    para-mythologist

para-mythologist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

warning

Attached Files

#20    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,467 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

View Postpara-mythologist, on 23 April 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

warning
"Bigfoot says Stop! Stop the thugs, bullies, skeptics and researchers...."

We're rewriting the Constitution, maybe you could get that in.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#21    para-mythologist

para-mythologist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

From The Forward to the authors Night Siege Report.  By Dr. Berthold Schwarz MD:
“It takes courage, dedication, a high degree of curiosity, and hard work to go out into the field where the action is, find out what is going on, and then above all, try to maintain one’s humanity by being of some help to the often harassed and beleaguered victims. For this we thank Dennis Pilichis. It takes a hard-headed approach, objectivity, and some knowledge of oneself to record peoples accounts as given, even when their own experiences clash with our own preconceived notion…
Dennis Pilichis, a veteran Fortean investigator, presents a breathtaking account of a series of ufo-creature encounters taking place in rural Ohio. Although I have not been directly involved with his astonishing investigation, but he has kept me informed via letters, news-clippings and tape recordings. He has skillfully boiled down hundreds of hours of data into a detailed documented coherent narrative” (1982) (Pilichis currently has 45 years’ experience in the research field as of 2013)

Attached Files

#22    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 4,026 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

And then after the forward, the book(let) is a series of unsubstantiated stories at unidentified locations with changed names. The stories contain the clumsiest investigations of the most incredible paranormal encounters ever claimed to have actually happened (excluding Mothman Prophecies of course). They claim a Bigfoot took the shape of a horse! Add a bunch of typos and confusing sentences and you have something a high school student could have written during summer vacation.

The main investigative technique they used was shooting at Bigfoot. After that didn't give them a squatch body, they decided to keep shooting at them. After that, they shot at them some more. This is the level of scientific curiosity in these investigators. The "trap" they devised of rabbits with cyanide capsules was so unnecessarily elaborate that it was twenty times more likely to fail than succeed. Wile Coyote couldn't have failed better than these guys.

If you think the heroes on "Finding Bigfoot" are an entertaining joke, find a copy of Night Siege.

#23    Drums

Drums

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

I live in the northwestern area of Ohio, but I have family that are around the north eastern area of Ohio and I never heard this story before.  Now if you go more south east, there are stories of the Grassman, which is a Ohio bigfoot.

#24    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Big C Survivor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

The articles were so sophmoric, I can't help but think that the entire incident is nothing more than a made-up adventure for someone.

the police names removed...? really? anyone living in the area should see if a police report was ever even filed, for one.

nobody - including BF researchers thought to take pictures of any kind...? record those screams...?

the police never returned to the scene..?

smells like BS to me. Sorry.

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours"

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad~

"It is easier to fool somebody than it is to convince them they've been fooled"   ~Mark Twain~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users