Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can you remember your birth?

Crai

can you?

I remember mine. I don't care if you believe me or anything, but I remember my birth.

I remember seeing a bright light through blood, someone picking me up, and I remember the face of the doctor somewhat

am I alone in this?

• Like 1

I have heard other stories about people who have similiar memories, having said that i dont really buy it myself... I think its a wishful imagination or an assumed memory, if you remember your birth your brain must have been highly overdeveloped when you were born

I have heard other stories about people who have similiar memories, having said that i dont really buy it myself... I think its a wishful imagination or an assumed memory, if you remember your birth your brain must have been highly overdeveloped when you were born

I buy it... Because I can remember mine as well. Not until after I was out though....

My brain for visual memory is like a sponge, I can remember nearly every single day of my life after about 1 years old as if it happened yesterday. Before 1 I still remember images from day 1 but they aren't as clear anymore.

I can't remember my birth, but I can remember being put into my pram and being in my cot in my bedroom.....after that my earliest memory is from when I was about 3 years old.

• Like 1

A myth story.

When Abhimanyu was on the family way, Sri Krishna used to take Subhadra (Abhimanyu's mother) on excursions. To humour her, Krishna used to relate many of his adventures to the pregnant Subhadra. On one such excursion Krishna was narrating his experience with the technique of Chakra-vyuha and how step by step the various circles could be penerated. It seems that Subhadra did not find this topic interesting enough for she soon went into a slumber. But someone else was interested in Sri Krishna's narration and that was the yet to be born Abhimanyu.

While Subhadra dozed off, Abhimanyu continued to carefully follow Srl Krishna's narrative of the Chakra-vyuha. But after talking for sometime and not

receiving any response from Subhadra, Sri Krishna turned back and saw that Subhadra was savouring a sweet nap. Sri Krishna who had at that time come upto the seventh step of the Chakra-vyuha, gave up his narration and returned with Subhadra to the palace. The unfortunate Abimanyu could never obtain the technique of breaking all the circles in the chakra-vyuha, but whatever he had heard Sri Krishna say, he carefully preserved in his memory. He grew up to be a brave handsome young man. Many years later when during the Mahabharata war the Kavravas set up a Chakar-vyuha and challenged the Pandavas to come forward and break it, none of the Pandavas knew the technique of doing so. At that Juncture to save the honour of the Pandavas, Abhimanyu came forward and offerred his services for the task of breaking the chakra-vyuha. Despite his incomplete knowledge of the technique he entered tne grid and overcame one circle after another till he come to the seventh one for the breaking of which he had no knowledge. Brave and ambitious as he was he fought valiantly in the unequal struggle but in vain. His strength and bravery proved no match against the skillfully laid out maze on warriors fighting whom, he met his end.

If you really remember.. I wish that you could see the english narration of meditation from the below site.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SREECHAKRAGURU

I've had a dream about my birth. Whether it's a real memory or not, I don't know...but it does seem to fit with the story of how I was born (which I was told AFTER I had this dream).

I was born without a heart beat and had to be recussitaetd and then my forehead sutchered because they cut it open when they did the c-section on my mother. I don't remember being born but i do remember the glass box they kept me in for days after they revived me. I also remember the frightened looks from people. I was a very small baby and had huge black eyes and my mother said I looked like an alien baby. She admits she was frightened of me and did not want to hold me. I wish I had a pic I could post but when our house burned in 95 we lost everything and the only pics I have of my youth anymore are copies from reletives photos.

Sorry, long winded answer.

*correction. I do have one pic but I was a few months old.

Edited by MaggieDruydess

I dont remember being born but I remember my first dream which is almost symbolic of birth.. maybe. I dreamed it for ages and it was a dream I would have all night and not be able to dream anything else. I wouldve been about 2 or 3 years old and I remember asking my parents what it meant and they just said it meant nothing but I didnt like that answer so I placed it in my 'never forget and try understand it when I'm older' section of my memory. I know I've told this before somewhere but anyway..

I always had a nightmare(this is the first ever dream I can remember)that I was in complete blackness of space with no body and I was watching a white pearl falling through the blackness and sinking into the black waters below(like the Earth but no actual earth, just water)which rippled, as soon as one had rippled the water another white pearl would fall. It was a horrible thing to have to watch(made me sad and scared)and I had to watch them fall one by one all night and couldnt dream anything else. I dreamt it for ages.

Still makes me sad when I remember it.

Edited by Kazahel

None of you do. You remember something else and think it's your birth you are remembering, or you have just convinced yourself that you remember your birth. A neonate's brain is not able to form long term memory at birth.

• Like 4

None of you do. You remember something else and think it's your birth you are remembering, or you have just convinced yourself that you remember your birth. A neonate's brain is not able to form long term memory at birth.

Supposedly we are not supposed to be able to remember anything before 24 months of age, yet I remember my grandmother beating the heck out of me when I was 15 months old. And I've had that confirmed.

can you?

I remember mine. I don't care if you believe me or anything, but I remember my birth.

I remember seeing a bright light through blood, someone picking me up, and I remember the face of the doctor somewhat

am I alone in this?

I haven't read all the posts here yet, but this is a topic i am very interested in!

There is a forum on a website childpastlives.org where (freaked out) mothers go and talk about their toddlers remembering intimate details of their birth/ being in the womb.

The forum is not tied to any religious beliefs (everyone in the forums has different spiritual beliefs or non-beliefs). It is run by a child psychologist who has been working with toddlers that seem disoriented/confused about their birth. I know it sounds a bit strange, but it is something that has been studied by some child psychologists for some time.

I dont know how I feel about this, and I am not saying that every case on the forums is legitimate, but there are some really compelling stories that keep me going back to those forums and reading more....

You might find some like minded people and mums that want to hear from someone a bit older who remembers their birth in those forums.

No, I don't remember my birth, but sometimes I don't even remember waking up from sleep.

I suppose birth is like the brain switching on and it takes time to adjust. Some quicker than others.

can you?

am I alone in this?

I remember lots of thing that happend before I was born, though not the actual birth (to horribel memorie to have so I decided to forget it).

I've always thought I could remember my birth. It's like waking up and there were bright lights and a lot of commosion and nothing before that.

I don’t remember a thing. When I was about 3 years old I told my mom I "didn’t think I was really born, because I didn’t remember anything" She just laughed, I cried for a few days until she finally convinced me by showing me all the pictures. I was always obessed with why I couldnt remember my birth. :rofl:

I was a strange little child! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember my birth, but I remember many other things from before I was 24 months old.

I remember having chicken pox when I was 6 months old. Falling on a coffee table, and chipping my tooth when I was like 9 months.

Slapping my new born brother, when I was about 18 months old. My parents talking to me when I was very young. I remember many things from my childhood.

I also remember what seems to be my mom talking to me. Thing is, she's still pregnant o.O

Its prolly just a dream or something, but idk

The stuff she had been doing during the memory, my moms said really happened, and I hadn't been born yet. The memory is in a 3rd person point of view though. Really weird. She was eating chocolate covered Pretzels, and watching the Simpsons. Talking to her stomach and rubbing it.

Its so vivid...Really strange.

Yes, I remember my sweaty, reddened mother smiling at me. But I was being carried away by someone, a doctor or nurse I suppose. The room was white, smelled like a hospital.

I also have a memory from another life...

I don't remember being born, and as someone else said, I'm not sure I'd want to. The earliest memory I have is of my great grandmother's long hair (she died before I was 2). She was half Native, and her hair came down past her butt. For some reason, watching her sit on her hair fascinated me. This has been confirmed by others in my family.

In my personal opinion memory isn't really possible at birth since its something a person comes to grips with in the first 3 years of brain development. Any memories would probably come from dreams you recall from your subconscious when trying to remember, however realistic they may seem. Like I said this is personal opinion if you could actually recount details you could not possibly have known with external confirmation then I'd confess to being amazed. :P

I definitly do not remember my birth..

My first memories are from when i was 7 years old :blink: Is that normal ??

I also have a memory from another life...

Now that is interesting, Care to share ^_^

I definitly do not remember my birth..

My first memories are from when i was 7 years old :blink: Is that normal ??

I don't think there's anything unusual about that. I remember very little before my 7th birthday. Maybe bits and pieces but not much.

• 7 months later...

i actually found this site after googling a memory i have i remembering being a spirtual being or something and being with someone just like me but different or something but we were connected some how well any way we where in the pressance of a much greater being and it was asking us many questions and giving us many choices regarding coming here i remember feeling at peace and at home there and then bang im here and wish i could find the other that was with me cuz i know they came here as well i know almost everyone who reads this will think im crazy but there has to be one person out there that shares this memory or i am crazy